Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (spade)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-04-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Is there any possibility that you can get a decent surf wake behind one? Looking at buying one for our first boat, but my wife really likes to surf, so that is kind of important, just wondering if it is possible... Any and all insight is welcome.
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-04-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
so many DD questions have been coming up...I am new to the DD world since i had to sell the V drive..checkout these links.http://www.inlandsurfer.com/videos-howto_detail.asp?ID=2&page=1ey....You will most likley need more then 250 pounds...http://www.inlandsurfer.com/videos-2007_detail.asp?ID=7&page=1..This is the better one...

For that boat check out flyhighs rear seat 650.a pair of v drive sacs.400each.toss one on the side of the motor and one in the close bow across sideways, mabe do not fill it all the way.and you will be able to surf that.As told to me because do not chilly dip.
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-04-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
so many DD questions have been coming up...I am new to the DD world since i had to sell the V drive..checkout these links.http://www.inlandsurfer.com/videos-howto_detail.asp?ID=2&page=1ey....You will most likley need more then 250 pounds...http://www.inlandsurfer.com/videos-2007_detail.asp?ID=7&page=1..This is the better one...

For that boat check out flyhighs rear seat 650.a pair of v drive sacs.400each.toss one on the side of the motor and one in the close bow across sideways, mabe do not fill it all the way.and you will be able to surf that.As told to me because do not chilly dip.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-05-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Get a big board like and IS Red.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
I can surf my DD Malibu with a 4.4 Coex and I'm 200 lbs.. Just takes ALOT of weight. If you haven't bought the 2001, I'd say look for a Vdrive. Not that I can speak for the SN2001.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
Here's an example

2 People and 1500ish pounds in my DD Bu.

Upload

2 People and 1500ish pounds in my friends 01 Xstar

Upload

You be the judge, but I'm going Vdrive this summer.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-05-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
I have the exact boat and could only surf with the IS red and atleast 1000lbs. It was Ed who lent me the board which is why he said to use that board. Goofy side is best and too much weight just is just not smart with that boat. Great boat besides especially for wakeskating. Thanks Ed again. I now have an Avalanche because of that day with Ed.
Old     (ianhedburg)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-06-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
Hi I used to have an 89 (2001) What you need to do is ride on the Goofy side. The wave is better. Put 1000-1500lbs in the rear and at least 500lbs on the side. You can also play with it and add some weight all the way up front. It doesn't take much in the front. Drive very slow when you are turning around. It will scare you but the water will come over the back of the boat, if you have it weighted right. The only downfall to the Nautique is it produces a great wave but its sweet spot is short. If you put this much weight you will have a waist high wave. Drive slow and no power turns. One more thing DO NOT put the boat into reverse with that much weight in it. You will become a better driver this way.