Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-11-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
It isn't for quite some time but at the beginning of August I am going to Cancun, Mexico for my honeymoon, and of course my board is coming w/ me. Does anyone know if there is anywhere to ride close to Cancun?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-11-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
there's a few places that will pull you in the lagoon. water will be ok, boat will be shady. And they charge crazy rates.
Old     (rocketdogg)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-11-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
About 4 years ago I rode while in Cancun at waterskicancun.com. I believe the guys name was Scott, and he was exceptionally nice and professional. I emailed him before I left and he was quick to hit me back and answer all my questions.

I don't recall exactly which year and model they had but it was a newer V-Drive Supra with full ballast. It was having starter issues the day I went over. Frederico was the wakeboard guy and he let me ride that day behind some boat with an OK wake, which also had some mechanical issues, but they told me I could come back the next day for no extra charge and hang out and ride. When I showed up I was kinda just like crew and took just sets between the folks that had scheduled times. In total I gave them $80 and a $30 tip, for about 4 1/2 hours on the boat in some very decent conditions. I just can't remember all the details and prices, but I had a lot of fun, and luckily got in plenty of riding for what I paid.