Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-20-2010, 7:52 AM Reply   
So we are going to head to LA in Dec. Here is a list of hotel choice for us. The distance to Magic Mountain doesn't really matter because we are going to check out LA also.

So which one is the safest? I would like to be able to run outside from the hotel if possible.

20 miles to Magic Mtn

Best Western Burbank Airport Inn

7615 Lankershim Blvd

North Hollywood, CA US 91605

21 miles to Magic Mtn

Best Western Carriage Inn

5525 Sepulveda Blvd

Sherman Oaks, CA 91411

23 miles from Magic Mtn

Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel

2500 Hollywood Way

Burbank, CA US 91505

25 miles to Magic Mtn

Ramada Canago Park

7126 De Soto Ave

Los Angeles, CA 91303
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-20-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Burbank or NoHo *should* be fine. Where in LA do you plan to spend most of your time? If you're going out west a lot then you may be frustrated with the traffic flow (or lack thereof).
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-20-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
We are going to go to Magic Mt and then whereever everyone thinks they think they want to go.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-20-2010, 4:47 PM Reply   
The Burbank Airport Marriott is real nice. They just finished renovating the whole hotel and the did a good job. I'm a little partial because I work in Burbank. Burbank is far safer than the other hotels. I run in the area all the time. There's a lot of industrial and lower income housing in the area, but you'll be safe. The hotel is adjacent to the Yahoo! campus.
The North Hollywood hotel is in the ghetto. The Sherman Oaks hotel isn't too bad, but I would consider it more in Van Nuys. Really busy area though. The Canoga Park area isn't bad, but you're really putting yourself away from everything. It'll take you 30 min longer no matter where you're going.

Check out the new Residence Inn in Burbank as well. It's near the downtown area of Burbank. Plenty of restaurants and a good place to go run. Since it sounds like you're bringing kids, the Residence Inn's room are better.