Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-22-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
Hey everyone... I posted this video on the main forums a while ago, but now I want some actual critiques of it. If you have time to watch it a few times and give me opinions on what could be done better, both from a filming and an editing standpoint, I'd greatly greatly appreciate it.

And I'm expecting some real critiques, so being harsh is something that I actually really appreciate, since some of the best learning can come out of those kinds of comments...

Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-23-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
I am not going to be harsh at all - I think this is a really good video. Personally I don't like that type of music, but that isn't anything to change the video over. One thought that I have is that you may want to line your tricks up with the beat a little more. I always liked being able to "feel" the move where someone does the trick at the time a bass beat would happen, or something like that. Kind of helped suck you into the video more.

Also - when the song changes into more of a faster temp at about the 1:12 point I would put the video of the flip there instead of the grab. That would motivate me more watching it because it is more of an in your face move than a slowed down grab.

There are a couple of really stylish grabs that he has in there as well - I would slow those down more just to stall the trick out more.

Just my thoughts....Hope it helps. I need to get back into video editing - I miss it alot, but I watch so many great edits out there and am inspired by what I see.