Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-15-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
This Saturday, February 20. Australia. From what I understand, they are playing a ppv live sometime in the afternoon, check your local listings, and then replaying it at our normal ppv times, 7pm & 10pm.

This looks like a decent card. Should be some good stuff here:

Minotauro Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping
Joe Daddy Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
Mirko CroCop vs. Ben Rothwell

Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman
Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster
CB Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic
James TeHuna vs. Igor Pokrajac

Nog vs. Cain - This is an amazing matchup IMO. I feel that Cain has faced a bit tougher competition than Carwin, who is getting an interim shot. We all know how good Nog is, (except for against Mir). Both these guys have great ground games, Nog the subs, and Cain the wrestling. Nog IMO has a much more advanced striking game, so I look for Cain to play to his strength, even though it will also play to Nog's strength. I have no idea who will win this fight.

Wandy vs. Bisping - One of these guys will be in Anderson Silva's future. Soon. This is a fight that has seemed to fly under the radar quite a bit. This fight is huge. Stand up WAR. Both looking to make statements and climb to a title shot. Can't wait.

Stevenson vs. Sotiropoulos - I really like this fight. Sotiropoulos has decimated the lower tier competition he has faced. Stevenson is easily a top 10 UFC LW fighter, probably top 5, so big step up in competition. As with the main event, we have here a wrestler vs. a submission guy. Joe Daddy can be submitted, but he has to be beaten up a bit first (a-la BJ and KenFlo). Not quite sure if Sotiropoulos can put that beating on Daddy. As much as I would like to see Sotiropoulos win this, I think Joe Daddy takes a decision.

Jardine vs. Bader - Jardine has fallen from the once lofty position he held in the LHW division and Bader is on his way up. Jardine has stated that he is excited to be fighting a grappler. Be careful what you wish for. I like Jardine. Think he presents a great matchup for many of the LHW elite, but am afraid that Bader will put him on his back and either pound him out or lay to a decision. If Bader decides to stand, then Jardine has a great chance of winning the fight.

CroCop vs. Rothwell - Unfortunately CroCop has just not been even a shell of his former self lately. Rothwell drew Cain in his UFC debut, so now gets to try to re-introduce himself against CroCop. I guess this one depends on which CroCop shows up. Even if the real CroCop fights, Rothwell isn't a pushover in the striking department. I think Rothwell takes it somehow, but wouldn't be surprised to see a highlight reel head kick from CroCop.

I like three of the fights on the undercard too....Lytle always puts on a good show. Bonnar vs. Soszynski should be real fun too. And I have been waiting for Reljic to return ever since he dismantled Gouveia almost 2 years ago.

Enjoy