Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
"It's gonna rain folks. No two ways about it"
--Weather Guru-- 2346hrs

Nice camera Kyle!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-21-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
Yup. You were right Jeff Z. It rained Saturday and we didn't tow to the river. But the clouds broke a little
in the afternoon, so me, Doreen, Justin and Michele took a spontaneous roadtrip to Avalon for some salt
water shredding at The Shoe!
Upload

At one point the skies opened and we got totally soaked! But we waited-it-out and we boarded again 'til dark.
The tide at The Horse Shoe was SO high that edges of the marsh were almost covered and hard to see. While
pulling Kevin, Doug misjudged a corner and drove straight across what's usally land! Some how the boat managed to skim
right across without any problem, but it's easy to see where the prop mowed a path in the marsh weeds. This little
piece of The Avalon Horse Shoe will now forever be known as "Doug's Corner."
Upload

Hey Nathan! Welcome to New Jersey. There are lots of Delaware River riders and it shouldn't be hard for you
to find a pull. If you want, email me your cell phone number and I'll shoot you a text the next time I'm looking
to fatten the crew. akinon@optonline.net
You can also hit-up JB at The Wake Academy if you're looking for some instant gratification on one of New Jersey's
best riding spots behind a Malibu with a super-excellent wake. http://www.thewakeacademy.com/
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-21-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Holy schiznit Batman! No damage = happy boat owner. WOW.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!
In memory of my father, my good friend restored dad's old 1949 Farmall tractor. Happy father's day dad.....we miss you! Upload
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-21-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Happy Fathers day Alex, Kevin, Brian, JB, Jim B, Dave, George, Pops Lef...
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
Dave, That tractor is awesome.

Doreen, Thank You.

Yes Happy Fathers day to all. I spent my day doing automotive repair. First I dropped the fuel tank out of my Suburban and put a new fuel pump in it, what a pain in the butt. Then I did a quick tune up on my work car. After that I cut the grass. I started all this at 11am and I finished up at about 6pm. Now I'm gonna throw my feet up and relax.

Yesterday Ken, Bill and I launched at 8am and had all glass from the Florence ramp all the way to the Steel mill. We got some good sets in until the ski opened up about 10:30 and we got soaked. I landed my first ever HS W2W 180 on my first set of the morning so all in all my day was awesome. We saw Dave and Kyle and Charles out there riding as well.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-22-2009, 5:05 AM Reply   
Well, once again it's taking me longer than it should to update the Wakefest website with a post-Wakefest wrap-up.
If anyone has Wakefest pictures please email them to akinon@optonline.net and I'll post them up. Thanks!
And I have to agree with Jim; I don't know anything about tractors, but that tractor is really cool Dave.
Is there a plastic bag or something on the seat?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2009, 5:43 AM Reply   
Alex, yeah plastic bag is on because it looked like rain was coming. We always had 3 tractors on the farm (2 bigger than this), but this was everyones favorite.

Jim's right we all got soaked saturday but had a good time anyway. Will someone please turn off the rain!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
Doug's Corner
Def: The southwestern-most corner of The Horseshoe. Located in Avalon, NJ, this corner is well defined easily seen from nearly every angle.

The is the corner that Doug drove over(see the groove). The post on the left is a marker for when the tides get up over the weeds...doug thought this was debris in the water and drove to the right of it. (In his defense, we did have huge amounts of seaweed that night due to the high tides).
The prop groove is easily 20ft inside that post marker. Mind you we had a full tank of fuel, 1700lbs ballast, 6 adults and gear for 5 riders in the boat at the time. I was riding and we were running at 22.7mph.

Upload
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-22-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
Upload

so i have to stick up for myself a little. The picture i attached is of the horseshoe last night. As you can see, there is no horseshoe. It is all water and a heck of a king high tide. I still should have erred on the side of caution on gone high side so i more then anyone feel extremely lucky that we did not hit bottom. I just managed to give the grass a haircur.

I believe the saying is something along the lines of missed by the skin of my teeth.

Sorry Kev for the close call.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-22-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
Being in the boat as a passenger looking at Kevin ride, I was wondering why he was pointing and waving so hard. I thought maybe he was motioning to Doug to get close as he was going to ollie over something. Who knew until we saw that Doug had actually cut the lawn! I love you Doug, you can still drive our boat anytime! :-)

(Message edited by njladydriver on June 22, 2009)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
Doug can still drive the boat!!! Infact tonight we chatted and determined that it was Doug's SUPER SKILLZ that allowed him to drive over land. This weekend were going to try and drive the boat around one of the bridges instead of going under it. I think we'll make it!

We'll keep ya posted on the progress!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-23-2009, 2:49 AM Reply   
1 Question. Was this Dougs first time at the shoe? LOL Sorry Doug I had to.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-24-2009, 5:50 AM Reply   
It's late June and the river water temperature is still in the low 60s. Is the warm weather ever going to get here?
Is it ever going to stop raining? http://www.delawareriver.net/temp.php }
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-24-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   
greenwood lake is 72
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-24-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
Avalon has been in the mid to high 60's...and it's Salt, tidal and depends on the ocean surface temps. I loving it. Normally we don't get this high till about mid-July.

This weekend is looking nice too!

Oh by the way people.... HAPPY SUMMER!!! We just past June 21, the start of the summer solstice and the longest day of the year.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Yo Alex,
No such thing as "Dress down Thursday"!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-25-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
I figure if I gradually introduce jeans and t-shirt Thursday, I can then slowly degrade Fridays to shorts and a
tank top!

It's finally going to be a hot weekend here in New Jersey. I'll be boarding both Saturday and Sunday.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-25-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
I just got off the river and I have 1 word to describe the river today.... DANGEROUS!!!!!! I have never seen so much trash and logs and debris before. It was just about unrideable. It was almost impossible to find an area that wasn't completely covered in trash and logs. The Florence ramp is completely trashed with logs and trash of all kinds. We moved the biggest stuff before we launched but it's still real bad.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-26-2009, 3:51 AM Reply   
Oh sheesh. I hope the crap clears-out by Saturday morning. I definitely have scratches on my boat already
from hitting river debris. And I know Brian and the Moomba had an encounter they'd like to forget.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
Alex there is no way all that junk will clear out by tomorrow. Maybe some of it will. The tide last night was crazy high. I'm hoping for the best tomorrow but I know alot of that crap is still gonna be there.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Friday morning.....aside from some debris that I pushed away from the dock, there wasn't too much floating in the river that i could see. Going back this afternoon to ride.
The town did a good job of cleaning the debris from the ramp. And yes the tide has been really high lately, grabbing alot of debris away from the shoreline. Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-26-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
Funny you all are mentioning debris. In Avalon last weekend we had a King Tide (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_tide) and it raised all of the seaweed and grass debris from the march and was floating around the channels. Made for some interesting ollies.
Yes this is 'different' debris from the DeleScare, where you have sunken crack heads, trees and 3-eyed fish floating around, but nonetheless it was still debris in the water!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
The ramp looks a million times better. Yesterday you couldn't see the concrete it was so bad.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Ken was on the river tonight with Dave and called me a few minutes ago and said the water was pretty good, not much debris left over. So tomorrow should be nice.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
Yes Jim still a few smaller-size floaters but very rideable now. Ken, Kyle and I took 2 sets each and the water temp was reading 73. (that reading may be higher than actual temp, but still felt good)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
The only debris we got up here in the water is "Kiver's"... See profile pic
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-27-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
Another great day on the river. I launched this morning about 7:30 with Ken,Kelli,and Nathan and his wife Rachel from Minn. We had all butter and were pretty much alone most of the morning riding between Florence and the steel mill. The water is warming up a little. We saw Alex and crew off in the distance once and we George and his family and friends stopped by to say hi for a few minutes. I landed 2 HS W2W 180's so it was a good day for me. We pulled out around 1 so Kelli could go to a concert and so I could go home and do some things that I needed to get done.

On the way home I saw a little car wash in a parking lot raising money for breast cancer awareness and thought what a great chance to not only get my boat and truck cleaned but also to donate to a very good cause. While washing my truck 1 of the ladies said her and her husband wakeboard behind their Mastercraft down in Maryland.

I'm heading down to Little Egg Harbor tomorrow to visit my little sister and her son.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-29-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
Well I for one REALLY enjoyed the sun this weekend! Was a welcome departure from previous weekends...

Hit a few milestones this weekend. Landed a switch heelside 3 about 1ft short of w2w(felt like a full w2w to me). Landed several switch, toeside w2w 180's.

We have found a new weighting config for my boat. It looks a little odd but after a few hours riding this setup Doug and I determined its the best wake the boat has ever had. (see pic below) Stock ballast full, plus 2 400lbs bags in the positions circled. Yes the one in the back is on the rear seat. While hard to see, there are straps that are holding the bag on the seat and it didn't budge the entire weekend. With the bags placed where they are, it properly distributes the weight so the wake is solid, but also has a REALLY GOOD lip at the top.

We also had a wakesurf setup yesterday that once you dropped into the pocket, it literally drove the board into the back of the boat! It was In-Tents! Big Curl has a contender!

Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-29-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
I guess Karen didn't like that coffee.
Cool ballast set-up Kevin. We all know a heavy boat is a happy boat! I weight the Super Air similarly. Stock internal
ballast tanks on both sides in the rear and one in the middle, a 250 pound sack on the floor in the middle front,
another one on top of that one across the front, then a big 700 pounder on the floor across the back. I have
no pictures though.

We had a great boarding weekend too! We rode early Saturday morning in Bordentown (we saw you too Jim!) and
we rode and partied Sunday afternoon on The Rancocas. We also played wiffle ball, played horse shoes and
enjoyed some fine homemade Wakefest Crew Brew which was expertly crafted at the nearby Barton Brewery.
And on a side note, Brian and I remain undefeated as a horse shoe pitching team, and again ending the game with
a ringer!}}
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-02-2009, 4:52 AM Reply   
Anyone have any cool July 4th Weekend plans on tap?
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-02-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
With a broken boat its looking like a 3 day weekend of beer-b-q/quiots/boat fixin/possible boat shopping/and sitting in my pool. Happy 4th.
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-02-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
Here are some pix from Monday. Kids, don't try this at home: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=83241&id=814864276&l=839890609a
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2009, 4:20 AM Reply   
This is a sad story of just how dangerous the Deleware river really is. We all play in it and have fun but this river will take you if you dont wear a CGA life jacket.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Delaware-River-Water-Rescue-Three-Fall-into-River.html
Old     (8toes)      Join Date: May 2009       07-05-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Happy 4th to all! getting lots of early morning footin in IN! It stays light out here until about 9:30 so plenty of boarding after work!
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-06-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
So we were out on the Metedeconk this weekend trying to dial in my surf wake. Finally got a sweet starboard wake after many different sac arrangements, and blam, State Trooper pulls us over. I had all my papers and had not been drinking so i figure it was jsut a routine boarding. He told me that my surf rope was too short. must be 35 ft in the fine state of NJ. Ours was 25 ft but he didnt measure it just took my word for it considering i thought it was perfectly legal. Didnt get a ticket didnt even board my boat, just a friendly warning, and man were these two troopers nice. Really amazed me. Anyone else had a problem like this??Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
Hey Rob, state law does say minimum 35 feet long, but it doesn't say where it has to be attached to the boat.

Starting at the bow eye, run a rope back up and over the tower (loop it once) and then back to your surfer. You should now be over 35 ft total length. Or you could start off the platform without a rope the way Joe F does. :-)

We had the PA fish commission pass us once, they never said a thing but I would bet a NJ trooper would stop us too.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-07-2009, 6:34 AM Reply   
Starting at the bow eye, run a rope back up and over the tower (loop it once) and then back to your surfer. You should now be over 35 ft total length.

LOL, that's a great tip Dave! Although we have not had a problem with Johnny Law this year, it's good for everyone to keep there eyes open, and this is a great loophole! Frankly most people are surprised (even the troopers) as to what we are pulling off. Especially wakesurfing without a rope. This one seems to blow peoples minds.
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-08-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
After a month of traveling I am back on the map. A week in TN for a music festival then two and a half weeks traveling Israel. Itching to get on the water again!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-10-2009, 4:34 AM Reply   
Well, it should be another excellent Saturday on the water tomorrow. We have a good crew lined-up and we're hitting
the water early to get the good water for as long as it lasts. As always, be sure to follow the blog to see from
minute-to-minute just what's happening with this big, excellent New Jersey wakeboarding family.
http://www.wakeboardnj.com/live.htm

See you on the water!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2009, 4:54 AM Reply   
We're heading to Raystown lake for this weekend, then next weekend it's off to Lake George NY for the Mastercraft northeast reunion. Meeting Kevin M. & Chris up there.....should be a good time!

Have fun everybody! :-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-15-2009, 4:57 AM Reply   
The river was completely blown-out last Saturday. It was sad. We're hoping for better conditions this
Saturday. We went from the river, to 60, to Atlantic City last Saturday and we'll be doing the same haul
this Saturday. Crazy summer parties every weekend. You gotta love this time of year!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-16-2009, 6:06 AM Reply   
Yo. I went to stokemeter.com last night for the monthly Keith Lyman live webcast. For the few minues I stayed, it
was pretty cool. Why didn't I stay longer? Well, I realized I had absolutely nothing to contribute. I had
nothing of relevance to say and I couldn't think of one single relevant question to ask. But despite me being
a jaded goof with nothing to say, stokemeter.com is a really cool website. There are discussion boards there too,
but between here, wakeboardnj.com and facebook I'm pretty-much discussion boarded out.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-16-2009, 6:28 AM Reply   
Hey Alex... what's up? Yeah, stokemeter is really cool. Melissa is going to be on Monday... Sounds like you have been getting some good riding in... kind of slow for me, with a whole bunch of stuff going on every weekend... sucks having responsibilities... Hope to get to Mex for 4 days early August, then August 8th, the Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club Contest... that's all from here, except we are supposed to get some big waves by weekend. Aloha from Huntington Beach - Joe.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-17-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
Alright! It's always great to have Joe Pearson checkin' in on the New Jersey thread!

Brian, Annette, Doreen and I will be on The Super Air this Saturday, probably down near the power plant. If anyone's in the
general area be sure to pull-up and say "Hey!"
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
We went out today and the water was great. Very little boat traffic and a mild breeze. Nice and hot temps. The river had some junk floating around. Also met Jim and Deb with a 99 Mastercraft 205.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-20-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
For the Second Saturday in a row the river was pretty blown-out. Still, we found some decent water and got our
wakeboarding sets in. Then after lunch we did some wakesurfing. The Super Air was throwing-up a beautiful surf
wake. Check it out. It had a long clean lip and it practically came-up to Annette's shoulder.
Upload
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-21-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Here are a few pictures from Lake George. Dave and I pulled the boats up there for a MC reunion. YES we were riding in capes. BTW for you saltwater riders. I was in Freeport Long Island tonight and there is king tides again!! Careful on those marshes I was nervous to dip the boat tonight. I'll wait until Thursday when the tide is later.

(Message edited by lazypiper on July 21, 2009)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2009, 12:45 AM Reply   
Here's a pic of Kevin's boat going past a cute house in the cove where we were riding. Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-22-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
Alex, that's a pretty monster wakesurf wake there, NICE!

Dave, Kevin, Lk George is a great place, and HUGE! Been there a few times in the past.

For me, Avalon has been heaven this year. Although we have not had many visitors, Karen, doug and I have logged about 40hours on the boat this summer. This weekend I decided it was time to add yet another trick to the bag. doug pulled me through about 10 attempts of a HS Backroll. While I didn't land it yet, I came close on 5-6 attempts. I even came close on an AirRoll. I rode for an hour straight on Sat so Sunday, we just wakesurfed as I was beat. Doug has perfected starting wakesurfing directly off the swim platform while the boat is at speed, (post picks soon) and he started a new sport, Wakesurf-rope-Body-Surfing! This is where you drop the board and just body surf and hang on to the rope for dear life! it's actually a lot of fun, just make sure your shorts are on tight!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-29-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
Hey Folks! Just wanted to say hello! :-)
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-29-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
hey hows it going guys i see alot of u out on the river in florence by my private dock just stoping in and saying whats up
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
What up Gerald,

I have been launching at florence this year instead of Bordentown. I haven't seen you out there this summer, where u been?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-30-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
On stoke meter last night I managed to win a brand new Company Wake wakeboard. Pretty cool, huh? I chose the
Severance 142. I'm really psyched!
Upload
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-31-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Sweet deck brother, let us know how it rides!
Hi Doreen ;)
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-31-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
im out on my dock every weekend and usually late on the week days if u see any one down there stop by and ask for me i should be around although i havnt been riding much this year because my buddies boat is down and mines up for sale so i havnt had anyone to ride with
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-31-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
Hi Jeff Z! :-)
How's the house coming along? Tell Sara we said hello!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-01-2009, 2:11 AM Reply   
It's Saturday, we're hitting the river today and we're hoping for good conditions. We're going to have a pretty small
crew and the plan is to work on new stuff.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-01-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
Doreen,
Everything is falling into place! We found a 3 bed one bath ranch in Holland that we really like. Closing date set for Aug. 27th. Inspection went very well along with all the tests. The great thing about this secluded piece of property is that it is located in walking distance to Hamilton Reservoir (all recreation)and they've got a ski club, jump and all.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-02-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
Does anyone that rides the Delaware notice more junk in the water then usual? It's sooooo dirty after it's been raining. Yuk!
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-03-2009, 5:55 AM Reply   
Alex, congrats on the board!

Does anyone know when that North Jersey VS South Jersey thing is going on this year?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Thanks! I'm looking forward to ridinig it this weekend.
The Wakeoff? Sure! Here'e the link.
https://wakeoff.com/Garden_State_Wakeoff.php
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-04-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
Team South all the way!
Who's going to Wakeoff this year? Has anyone registered yet? Connor took 1st place in the kids division last year. This year I think he's riding in the Novice division.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-04-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
who was all out on the river today in florence there was alot of people wakeboarding
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2009, 12:57 AM Reply   
Gerald, we were out (black x-star) along with Dennis (black V-ride), George (burgundy/white prostar 205) and Jim (green Tige). Best water was a one mile stretch from your house and north.

(Message edited by njskier on August 05, 2009)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2009, 6:18 AM Reply   
Yesterday was a crazy day on the water,conditions wise. I launched at 11 with my wife, 2 daughters and 2 of their friends. We had awesome water all day until 3pm when the tide changed and the wind picked up. Then the water was horrible until our last run around 8:15 then it started to lay down flat again. I dropped the wife and kids off at the dock at 4:30 and picked up Ken,Steve,Moe, and his buddy Jimmy and we made the best of it until it was to dark to ride.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-05-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
the water seemed good on that small stretch until that tuber came!!! We hope to get out Saturday morning.
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-05-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
Yea small stretch is right I woke up with some sore knees from the chop. All in all we had fun on Jims boat always something funny going down. Hey Jim I couldn't find the link to that vid you were talkin of. And did you ever think of that actor we were thinkin of I was tryin to tell Dawn but she couldn't think of it either.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2009, 5:42 AM Reply   
Here you go Steve, Mo and his boy singing. LOL!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFZsCAs9hIQ

The actor you remind me of is Paul Giamatti

Upload
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-06-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
What pigvomit. Due I have a big forehead lol
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-07-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
Woo-hoo! My new Company Wakeboard Severance 142 showed-up at my door yesterday! I am so psyched! I can't wait to
get it wet tomorrow! Thank you Justin Stephens, thank you stokemeter.com and thank you Doreen and Connor for pushing
me to submit my contest entry because I wasn't even going to try. My new board will be baptized tomorrow in The Rancocas
Creek. Eeee-haaaa!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
What an awesome day on the river yesterday. I almost didn't go out because on Tuesday I had a massive dinger, the worst yet. I left the wake heeelside trying to get big pop for a 180 of balance and going out into flats backwards in the air. The first thing that touched down was my heel and the last thing was the back of my head. I had a hard time pulling the boat home tuesday night because it just felt like I couldn't concentrate on the road. Wednesday I had massive head aches all day and didnt eat because I felt a little sick to my stomach everytime I got up to go eat. I just wasn't myself all day and I had whip lash in my neck bad.

But I decided to go out yesterday anyway. I launched at 1 with Bill and John just as the sun was coming out. The water didn't have a single ripple in it. I said I was gonna take it easy but I couldn't and on a TS W2W I bit it and face planted. Now my neck muscles are shredded bad.
At 3:15 we stopped back at the dock and grabbed Ken, Chris and Marisa. Then at 5:30 we dropped Bill and John off at the dock and we rode till 8. We pretty much had the river to ourself all day and the water was FLAT as can be.

Now I have to work all weekend but thats ok cause my neck needs some serious rest.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-08-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
Ouch Jim! Hope you feel better. Who else is going to Wakeoff this year?
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-08-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
yeah i was so jealous the other day when everyone was out and it was perfect out i wanted to ride so bad
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-11-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
Knock, Knock??
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-11-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
who's there
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-11-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
Bobby Badorkavich!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-11-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
Bobby Badorkavich who?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-12-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
Orange you glad he didn't say banana.

Check this one out. But watch it till the end to appreciate the humor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvLfMm04BHg

(Message edited by Jim_B on August 12, 2009)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-12-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Here's video of the Wakeoffs North Team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySW64BhWS8M