Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    wakegurl            02-04-2003, 5:43 PM Reply   
We just ordered our new 210 Team. The normal factory install of the sub is under the clamshell observer seat. Our dealer will put in on the drivers side gunnell wall. He claims a local stereo guy will do a clean job. Any one mounted one there? Any other suggestions for mounting. We want the room under the seat for skis.
Old     (h2o4me)      Join Date: May 2002       02-06-2003, 9:59 PM Reply   
Lori, We have a single 12" behind the driver kick panel. We love it there. It is not visable and sounds great. This is a great spot as long as you don't have a heater. Congrats on the new boat!
Old    wakegurl            02-07-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
Eric:

Thanks for the reply. I do have the heater. Here in Seattle it is a must. Thats why I need another place.
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-07-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
You can still fit it up along the gunnell wall with the heater if you have a custom box made. The other option is to mount the heater up on the wall (there was a pic on here of someone who did that but I don't remember who). I have the heater and two amps mounted under there and made a template for a 10" sub box that will go in this spring.
Old    wakegurl            02-07-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
My dealer is talking about mounting it on the wall behind the driver's seat. I feel like it will get wet and banged into. On the 2003 SAN TE the bow wall has the heater, the dual battery switches and the ballast tank valve switches. Pretty crowded. If I hear you right, I should talk them into mounting the subwoofer on the wall to the right of the driver's feet?
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-07-2003, 11:22 PM Reply   
Lori where do you usually ride??
Scott
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-08-2003, 3:10 AM Reply   
Im at a friends computer now I cant get photos but go to my profile and click on the website link you will see in the wbsite is a stereo Button on the website you can see photos before and after of the 12 inc sub behind the drivers feet No custom box needed Just relocate the heater
or do a serch on this website of relocating your heater "G
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-09-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   

Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       02-09-2003, 12:47 PM Reply   
I havee my JL Audio 10" W7 mounted in a box under the drivers kickboard along with a heater. The Stereo Shop made a new kick panel, mounted the sub & heater and placed the new kick panel in place. It looks totally factory and other than tower speakers you cannot tell I have upgraded the stereo but you can sure hear and feel it. Peace
Old    wakegurl            02-09-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   

Grant:
Thanks for the pic. The dealer says his stereo installer can fit them together on the kick panel.
Nice touch on the grill.
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-10-2003, 12:59 AM Reply   
hers a pic of the sub boxes in our 210 team. In our 2001 san we had a ten installed under the drivers feet but as we never used the the storage behind the passengers we decded to put a 15" there on our new boat. We did the install ourselves.
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-10-2003, 1:01 AM Reply   
the 15" look beside the box to see the amps
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-10-2003, 5:21 AM Reply   
Dave Where did you Get or Were can We get a Sub Box Like the one behind your Drivers seet Thats Awesome. What Amps do you Have powering your 15 and What ever is behind the Driver seet it looks like a 12, One more Question Im going to be in Austraila (Sidney)For New Year's Can I go Wakebaording With you! Ill bring some Goodies frome the Good U,S of A
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-11-2003, 12:15 AM Reply   
We made the box ourselves, the carcass is marine ply and the front is made from fibreglass, we stretched lycra over a wood ring and covered that with the glass, a skim coat of body filler was used to smooth it out and a coat of paint (colour matched to the dash surround)to finish it, If you look in the bottom corner of the box a correct craft logo was added out of body filler. We have 2 five channel amps powering the six standard speakers, 4 6" speakers on the tower , 1 10" sub and 1 15" sub.A six stacker was mounted through the kick board under the drivers feet, All the gear is clarion marine.

Sydney isnt that as close to brisbane as you may think its 12 hours drive. brisbane is 40mins from the gold coast. Youll have to email me near the end of the year, should have our 2004 by then
Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-11-2003, 1:48 PM Reply   
Dave,
I just purchased a Clarion 10" off of ebay. Do you like the way it performs? Does it sound good? I know you have a 15 as well and that it might dround out the 10. Did you get the 15 because the 10 didn't sound very good? Any feedback would be appreciated!
Thanks for your help,
-wakewilly
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-11-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   
Dave: 12 Hrs Wow. We might make a treck out the The Great B Reef is that getting any closer to you??
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-11-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
(pjdave)> nice setup bud. Is that 15" sub enclosed in a box?> or is it just mounted on that plate and its a free air sub> using the air space inside the storage compartment?
Thanks!
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-11-2003, 10:37 PM Reply   
First chris in our old san we had 2 tens they pumped out enough bass with the right amp setup, We thought we might as well go bigger an better this time seeming we had the space.

Grant, yeah your getting closer at least its in the same state, The bottom of the reef is around six hours drive north of Brisbane. Dont really want to bag my home town but its not high on the to go to list, most travellers fly in here to go to the gold coast, noosa, or byron bay. We have a population of around 1 million. By the way where is redwood, I might be coming over to the us in may for my girlfriends sisters wedding in merced.

Harold, the fifteen is in an enclosed box, we made the biggest box that we could fit in that locker and filled it with dacron. You should feel the air pumping out through the gaps in the seats.
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-12-2003, 6:27 AM Reply   
Dave: Merced is about 1 1/2 Hrs from here. It is sorta on the way when we go Wakeboarding. We will be going out alot in may so drop us a line when it gets close we will hook it up
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-12-2003, 6:29 AM Reply   
I've seen a SAN with a custom sub put in the port storage compartment far enough forward that it only came into the storage area about 3 inches and took up the space between the storage area the back of the seat. Very clean and was almost totally hidden. I prefer to see things like this because then you don't eat up any storage or leg space. Also with those starboard amp mounts and speaker mounts you have to be carefull of water getting into them and potentially killing your system.

Just a thought,

Chris
get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com/gatorgrip

Also for sale
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm
Old    kschroeder            02-12-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
Lori, Here's what I did, in my '02 SAN. Lost about 5-6" of leg room and don't have a heater but I could probably squeeze one in there, though. I used a Kicker S12L7..
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       02-12-2003, 8:40 PM Reply   
what is that box mounted to the right of the sub?
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-12-2003, 10:25 PM Reply   
The fuse box and the perfect pass box.

Cool grant, havent made any bookings got to see whats happening here before May.