Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (kookhead4581)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-28-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
so far inflatable boats are the cheapest boats i can find below $500. reason why i went with inflatables because of its portability. question is what type of motor, boat size, and hp do i need to run at least 25-30 mph? i just need it to generate enough speed to shred and bust air up to 2-3'.

thanks
Old    bigrich            07-28-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Sorry have no intention of bursting (no pun intended) your bubble. I don't think you are going to find anything with a motor on it for that money. Also I don't think inflatable boats put any wake at all for shredding and busting air.
I seriously hope this is a joke but if you are serious you might want to look at an older jet ski or something of that sort.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
"shredding and busting air"

Dude I gotta rad thing called a Skurfer for you to try. New wakeboards are wack
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-28-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
I've heard this hog throws a nice wake.

ducky
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
You might be able to upgrade for a few hundred more
Upload

You'd be able to "shred and bust air" hella good

(Message edited by jeff359 on July 28, 2006)
Old    bigrich            07-28-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Jeff why you gotta dis' the skurfer. I still rock my skurfer for a good laugh. I think it would work better behind that yellow tri-hull though.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
Rich, you got the day glow body glove wet suit to go with it?

And you are right, a skurfer is much cooler than wakeboarding behind an inflatable, and almost as cool as the yellow tri hull.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-28-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Exactly what does it mean to "shred and bust air"?

I have a 10' inflatable with a hard bottom and a 9.9 HP outboard that will do 22 MPH. I actually use it to pull wakeboarders past the slider.
Video of it is here:
http://rodm7.tripod.com/

The boat is somewhat portable: Take the motor off and two guys can lift it on top of a large SUV.

I think you will be pretty hard pressed to find a useable inflatable and motor for under $500. A package like that new would be around $5000.

You can often pick up some 20 year old Jet Skiis for under $500, including a trailer!
Old    bigrich            07-28-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Actually its too hot for a wet suit here. But I have been known to throw on the zebra striped banana hammock.
Old    bocephus            07-28-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
They have them here all the time:

http://www.govliquidation.com/index.html