Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-15-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
If anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex sees a solid white 2007 Mastercraft X2, please call Texas Mastercraft at 817.589.7547 or your local police department immediately. The boat was the Sasser Wakeboard School boat used at the TXMC location and was stolen sometime between 7:30pm Friday and 8:30am today from the back lot of TXMC. The boat is solid white with white decals, has tower speakers, and is on a white trailer. There should not be any other boats in the area matching this description. The last two digits of the serial number on the back right corner of the hull are "07" and it has the new Mastercraft tower. There were "Texas Mastercraft" stickers on the windows and "wakeboardinglessons.com" stickers above the rub rail, but those might or might not still be on the boat today.

Additionally, a customer's 2004 Mastercraft X-Star was stolen from a slip on Lake Lewisville this week. It was a red and black X-Star. Please call the dealership if you have any information on this boat as well.

We would appreciate it if everyone on the board in the DFW area could keep an eye out for these boats and give us a call if you have any information. Please call my cell phone if it is after business hours.

Thanks,

Andrew Moreton
Sasser Wakeboard School
sasserwakeboardschool@gmail.com
817.598.7547 office
573.587.1879 cell

Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-15-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
Wow.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-15-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
Andrew,
The last 2 digits on any 2007 boats hull ID is 07. It designates the year it was made. Hope it turns up, Looks like a very nice ride.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-15-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
Lucky,

I work for Mastercraft so I know that the last two numbers are always the year it was made. Just giving the heads up to people that might not know the differences between the '06 and '07 models.

Thanks for everyone keeping an eye our for it!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
Andrew
got the email last night

can't believe that ......

the level some people will stoop to.....

sorry to hear it....I will help keep and eye out!

good luck
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-16-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
if it ever turns up I doubt it will look the same.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-16-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Somewhere in Mexico is a sweet new MC to ride behind. Either that or it is missing the engine and transmission, along with the electronics.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
Unfortunately, I doubt the people who stole it intend to ever use it, at least not here (unless they're REALLY stupid). Like Peter said, it's either across the border or has already been scrapped for parts. People suck.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-16-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
dunno...

we've actually have had a few boats stolen over thepast few years, and the thieves were actually stupid enough to go out and use them.

last one was a customers boat....it was found while the thieves were riding behind it on the Delta....helocopter and a few cops cars and it was returned to the owner trashed.

I really hope you find your boat....thieves suck!

I'll keep my eyes peeled here in Cali., but I doubt it's out this way.

Good luck!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-17-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
Damn. I would be pissed.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-17-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
Have you taken out any seedy student riders lately??? Often the thief skum are loosely acquainted or have some knowledge of the layout.

Good Luck! I saw an X-2 in a parking lot last night in AR, but did not match your description.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-17-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
I personally would rather it be stripped and skuttled than get it back trashed. Lets hope you get it back in decent condition or never see it again and let the insurance deal with it.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
ironic thing is....
I sometimes had the first lesson of the day this summer....and
Dustin would have to struggle to get the boat out....'cause it was buried at the back....far from the gate

I guess he got that rectified

or the thieves had to move other boats to get to it
Old     (texasmasterc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-17-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
Sounds like Insurance fraud to me.

a: it is an untitled boat that has Mucho hours and the dealer would take a serious hit on selling it. (I noticed that there wasn't any TX numbers and you didn't mention TX numbers in your initial post)
b: why would a "thief" take a very unique used boat when there are new in the wrapper boats next to it?

It sounds like the boat is worth more stolen than sold in my opinion. How convenient that it was stolen right when the 08's come out.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
James
I certainly wasn't implying anything of the sort

the guys who own/run the school and the guys who own/operate the dealership are stand up people

I would be shocked....floored.....if anything like that was the case

perhaps the boat was the first one in the gate....and the easiest one to take
Old     (geogilbert)      Join Date: May 2007       09-17-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
"Sounds like Insurance fraud to me."

What an a$$. Man you must be a miserable person for that to be your reaction to this thread.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-18-2007, 7:07 AM Reply   
"Man you must be a miserable person for that to be your reaction to this thread."

Or he might just be someone who has worked in the insurance field. My mother used to take the tougher cases from her insurance company. It was basically her job for about 10 years to decide what went to the legal team as possible fraud. You see enough of those, that would probably be your initial reaction, too.

As far as not taking some other boat, this boat was probably taken because it's pretty inconspicuous judging by the photos. It would take closer inspection to see exactly what kind of boat this one is than it would take looking at one with the huge X-2 graphics on them. How many all white boats are there in Texas?
Old     (texasmasterc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-18-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
My earlier life I was a Claims Investigator for Chubb group then I got burned out from all the liars and cheats.

I am sure the guy who runs the school is a stand up guy....but what about the actual owner of the boat "Texas Mastercraft?" They have the most vested interest in the value or lack there of.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-18-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
No way the School or owner of Texas Mastercraft had anything to do with the boat being stolen, he is one of the biggest mastercraft dealers in the nation and is a stand up guy.
We will be on the lookout for Sassers boat Andrew!
Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
I hardly think Jimmy and the boys at TXMC are doing badly enough that they need to commit insurance fraud...
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-18-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
The guys at TXMC arent hurting by any stretch of the imagination. Im sure they would rather give the boat away than have to deal with theft, cops, insurance, and fingerpointing. Taking a hit on a boat by TXMC is about as impactful as Bill Gates getting overcharged by his drycleaners.

Ill keep my eyes peeled.
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
if the boat was used for lessons and has a ton of hours on it, im sure they made a few bux and selling the boat for a low price probably would make them more money than just selling it one time brand new!! insurance fraud is almost as retarded as the insurance companies!!!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
James where do you work now? Area 51.
Dont be a dick
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-18-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
Most schools in Texas don't have Tx numbers if they did they would have to register them. It has something to do with the sale of the boat at the end of the year.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-18-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
yup when you get a boat sponsorship or deal they dont register them because they can still technically sell it as new because it hasnt been registered. not that they are trying to screw the buyer, but because it saves alot of money in the hole registration and tax process
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-18-2007, 6:34 PM Reply   
The boat has been found but has not been recovered yet. One of our customer's is an FBI agent in Ft. Worth and with his help, the FBI has found the boat on Lake Bridgeport northwest of the DFW Metroplex. As of writing this post the boat hasn't been recovered yet, so I have no idea how it's going to look when we get it back, but the FBI knows where it is at least.

Thanks to everyone on here and DallasWakeboarding.com that was on the lookout for the boat.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-18-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
And now to address some of the other questions posed on this thread:

The boat was not registered and therefore did not have TX stickers on the side. Sasser Wakeboard School (www.wakeboardinglessons.com) is run out of Texas Mastercraft and we always have at least two and sometimes three X-Series boats that we use for lessons. We use the boats for 200 hours, and then like Jason said, we sell them as a "new" boat because they have not been registered. It is generally very easy (maybe not in this case!) to sell our school boats because someone can buy a boat with a new boat with a full warranty at a very large discount, plus our boats are always fully loaded.

Now for the insurance fraud questions, I don't even think that justifies an answer. To think that one of the largest Mastercraft dealers in the country (host site of the Ft. Worth PWT) is "losing" boats for insurance purposes is just ridiculous. The morning that we realized the boat was stolen we had 9 lessons scheduled and had to run around getting another boat ready in 20 minutes. Had we "lost" our own boat, we probably would have had another ready to go for a full day of lessons.

James and Dante: We would appreciate it if in the future you did not jump to conclusions on a public forum saying it sounds like insurance forum. Comments like that on a discussion board are not beneficial to anyone and just get everyone picking sides. If you call Mastercraft and ask their opinion of us or the hundreds, if not thousands, of students that we have coached, I'm sure there will be very few negative opinions. We try to treat our customers with respect and would expect the same from others.

Thanks to everyone for the support and the vigilance looking for the boat. Just goes to show how many good people there are that are willing to help.

Andrew
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-18-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
well said Andrew
I am glad that you guys found the boat
I hope that it is in good shape

see yall Sunday!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-18-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Awesome. I hope finding the boat goes hand in hand with finding the thieves.
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
i can think of a few lessons id be thinking about giving the people who stole the boat!!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-19-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
these thieves are f&$kin' idiots! you steal a boat from one of the largest (if not the largest) dealerships in the metroplex only to drive it less than an hour away to a somewhat "local" lake??? surely natural selection is a stronger force than that!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-19-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
p.s. glad you found it.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
Can you video the recovery? Sounds like a good way to end this drama....
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-19-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
I'll email our customer in the FBI and see what they can do with the video.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-19-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
"James and Dante: We would appreciate it if in the future you did not jump to conclusions on a public forum saying it sounds like insurance forum."

And I'd appreciate it if you actually read what I write before responding to it. I merely stated that it would be reasonable to see how someone to jump to the conclusion of fraud without being a "miserable person." Given a background where you see fraud all the time, that's a reasonable gut reaction. I never commented one way or another if I thought this particular case was fraud or the appropriateness of bringing up the subject of fraud in this context. I even gave an explanation of why I thought James' point "b" was irrelevant.

I am glad you found your boat.
Old     (aquahawk)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-03-2007, 11:49 PM Reply   
I see that Calabria was found here, too. (posted from July/August I think.

http://www.boatman.com/stolenDB/recover.html
Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-04-2007, 5:53 AM Reply   
lojack should start making units for boats.
Old     (aquahawk)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-04-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
Yeah some kinda GPS hidden/embedded thingy. Then you can track waterways, too.