Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
I am trying to figure out an appropriate value for my 02 X-Star on NADA Guides. One of the assistant editors gave me the following instructions:

If it was sold as standard equipment then you would not add it to the value of the boat. If it was sold as an option from the manufacturer or added to the boat as an after market option you would add it to the value of the boat.

Do any of you know what the standard equipment on the 02 X-Star was?

For example, were the following standard or options:

Zero Flex Tower
Board Racks
KGB Tripple Ballast
Perfect Pass
Heater
Hot/Cold Shower
Teak Swim Platform
Clarion CD Audio with 4 speakers and Sub
Bow Filler Cushion
Bimini Top
Cover

Any guidance you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-17-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
Saw your X-star on your profile........nice!

Your best bet is to ask a dealer which were options on that boat, or try www.tmcowners.com and ask there. You should also look at other listing to see what other people are asking for the same boat. Time of year and location play a part in how much $$ you'll get for it too.

I have a friend looking for a boat like yours, let me know how much and I'll pass it along. Thanks.

-Dave W
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice... I am still waiting to hear back from Mastercraft, but I am probably going to ask around $35,000.

I am going to have some new pictures this weekend after I get a chance to clean the boat up, but it looks exactly the same as the picture in my profile except that I now have a black fiberglass tower box with 4 polk audio 6x9's instead of the stock tower speakers.

Here is a more detailed description:

02 Mastercraft X-Star with 475 hours
310 HP Indmar TBI (fuel injected)
Brand New Factory Skins for Entire Boat
Zero Flex Tower with Board Racks
Perfect Pass Cruise Control (holds speed perfectly and have never had one problem with it
Depth Gauge
OJ Wakeboard Prop 14.25x14
Hot/Cold Shower
Light Bar
Rear Facing Mirror
Bimini Top
Cover
Bow Filler Cushion
Teak Swim Platform
Anchor
KGB Triple Ballast System (stock center sack and two 540lbs sacs in the rear, as well as a 440lb sac to put in the walkway with a pump to plug into the cigarette lighter)
Black Fiberglass Tower Box with 4 Polk Audio MMC690 Momo Series 6x9's powered by a Phoenix Gold 400 continuous watt amp
Clarion CD Sterio with 4 interior clarion 6.5" separates, 1 12" Sub, 1 10" Sub all powered by one clarion and one rockford fosgate amp
Ipod Direct Hookup
Dual Batteries with Perko Switch
Single Axle Mastercraft Trailer with folding tongue

Let me know if your friend is interested. I am in Memphis.

Thanks
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-18-2007, 4:11 AM Reply   
You might check other sites to see what people are getting. My view: you'll do well to get $35k for an 02 X-Star with 475 hrs, RTP motor, and single axle trailer. On TMCowners, there are two 06 X-1's for sale, which is the same boat. They are both asking $37k, one has 140 hrs and the other has the MCX (much more desireable) and 200-something hours.

(Message edited by eaglejackson on September 18, 2007)
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-18-2007, 4:13 AM Reply   
PS. I'm pretty sure the tower and teak swim platform were standard on an X-series in 02 and the rest were options. Some of the experts on tmcowners.com would know for sure.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-18-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
Matt, looks like my friend is buying an X-10.

Your boat is very nice though, good luck selling.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-19-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Motor=standard
Tower=standard
Perfect pass=standard
KGB ballast=standard
Mirror=standard
Trailer=standard
Teak swim with transom saver=standard
Board racks are not standard, as with the rest of your list. But to mirror what EJ said, you will be lucky to get 35K for it. Especially this time of year.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info... I am probably going to lower my asking price a little, however, honestly, I don't believe that 35 is all that high of a starting price. The NADA says that the boat's average retail value, before adding in any options, is $33,490. If you add the following in computing the value on the NADA site:

Board Racks
Depth Gauge
Hot/Cold Shower
Light Bar
Heater
OJ Wakeboard Prop
Bimini Top
Cover
Tower Speakers
Dual Batteries

These options bring the average retail value up to $37,390, and the low retail is $32,745.

This boat also comes with a all new interior skins, bow filler cushion and a rear facing mirror, which options are not available to check on NADA which would bring the value even higher. I also think that the perfect pass was possibly and option on the 02, at least I know it was on the 01 because I have seen 01's without perfect pass. If so, this would increase the value as well.

Again, thanks to all of you have provided advice.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
New Asking Price of $33,495 OBO.

See Classified Ads for Sale - Boats less than 5 years for additional information.

Thanks
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-19-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
24 minutes and $1500 cheaper! At that rate you will owe by next week.

I believe PP became standard in '02. You are right about '01s. Mine was added.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
$33,495 is actually what I really had in mind from the start. I just said around 35 at the start just in case I decided that I should go higher after completing my research.