Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
Who won the board and sulf finals. We had to leave early.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-22-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
haha, who knows. The water was such garbage, it shouldn't even matter. Nobody could even throw down... oh well. At least partying along that cable/pool noodles was fun! :-)
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
You are right the conditions were terrible. That made it interesting. I think it shows how the rider handles the "track". Every tour stop has something differant. This water was like Reno & BC without the sliders. Rusty usually handles the ruff well. So do Ike & Watkins.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
Wakesurf: Drew Danielo, 1st. ($5,000) and Collin Harrington, 2nd. Wakeboard: Rusty Malinoski, 1st. ($7,000) and Daniel Watkins, 2nd.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2005, 8:04 PM Reply   
That is Rustys' 4th Pro win for the season. I had a bet with him last year($1000) that he would not win a Pro torny his first year. I am sure glad I did not bet him for 2005.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2005, 8:09 PM Reply   
Wow, Rusty is the man in rough water, no doubt.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-22-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
Two weeks ago in butter he wasn't so bad either! He's definately having a great year.
Old     (wakeboarder83)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-23-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
I was there sunday and watched all of the craziness. This was my first time to Boardstock, I think I need to go all four days next year. Watched Rusty and Daniel tear it up even though the conditions sucked.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
I can assure you that Rusty is the man. I was a judge and saw everybody ride in the worst conditions I have ever seen. Rusty rode insane- close with a SW melan mobe and a blind pete as I recall. Ike rode sick as well finishing with a SW roll to blind. Daniel always the professional threw a solid pass, jsut was'tn quite enough.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-24-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
HA!!! I knew that the water would be crap at Clear Lake! It always is. While the venue is great for the concerts and other activities, Clear Lake water blows... literally. What do you bet it won't be there next year?
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       08-24-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
HEY HEY NOW!

You cant knock the water there all the time. We were there a couple weeks back and it was way smooth. Difference is the weather was different this past weekend.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-24-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
I hear its in Clear Lake for 3 years total. Like Buffalow said...log jams on both ends and one on the far side. If they can give it a little help it would be a great tournament. Never the smoothest.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-25-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
It'll be there again. Best location so far. They ride in those conditions at half the tour stops.
Old    lost_37            08-25-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
I talked to Gregg Bennet who runs Konocti and he said that it will for sure be there next year and their trying to make it a permanent home for boardstock. Clear Lake water is usually in better condition then it was last weekend so dont say it's always crappy.
Old    justsomeguy            08-25-2005, 10:27 PM Reply   
"HA!!! I knew that the water would be crap at Clear Lake! It always is."

Yeah...the water is ALWAYS crap up there.

I hope that all of the party kiddies stay far, far away since they mess up the water as they are driving around trying to find someplace to tie up, drink, and look for skanks while primping(as opposed to actually wakeboarding).

Old    ryde4life            08-26-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
I saw that people were asking about the results of Boardstock and I found these on Boardstock.com. Rusty is the man this year for sure!

Boardstock World Series of Wakeboarding
Final Results

1. Rusty Malinoski
2. Daniel Watkins
3. Brett Eisenhauer
4. Danny Harf
5. Kevin Henshaw
6. Collin Harrington

World Wake Surf Championships
Final Results

1. Drew Dnaielo
2. Collin Harrington
3. Jame Lovett
4. Talor Ewing
5. Josh Sleigh
6. Mitch Kelly
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-26-2005, 7:13 AM Reply   
Clear lake was a good place for Boardstock. Konocti did a great job in setting up the course and viewing was exceptional (as long as you were not in the back forty). I attribute the pour water conditions to all the boat traffic. Yes there was some wind in the afternoon but where the course was typically stays very calm. I think this year showed them what things to improve for next year and I would expect to see next year’s event to be one of if not the Premier West Coast event.

By the way did any one else see the boat that burned on the water on Saturday. I have some great pics but WW is saying my file is to large. I am working on getting it adjusted.