Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-03-2013, 12:57 PM Reply   
I am going to buy a pair of wetsounds rev 10's. I am debating getting an amplifier that is not marine to save money and try to seal the vulnerable components on its circuit board. Any words of advice either way? I could probably save about 300 dollars going non-marine.
Old     (Rad_Matty_D)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-03-2013, 1:42 PM Reply   
From what I've learned here on WW, a Class D amp is the way to go!

and based on positive reviews here, I pulled the trigger on a Precision Power p900.4 to power my Rev-8s.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       05-03-2013, 3:29 PM Reply   
The speakers are only as good as the amp, I wouldnt skimp out to bad eathier way. A lot of people dont run marine amps. I have a JL 1000/1 slash amp on my sub and neathier of those are marine. Where are your amps mounted? If there not exposed to getting wet or moisture, I'd say your fine eathier way.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-04-2013, 6:34 AM Reply   
I run two precision power amps to my tower and it is loud and clear. Have pro80s and mb8s for speakers
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-04-2013, 1:38 PM Reply   
I am also running the ppi 900.4. It works perfect. Never gets warm.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2013, 8:29 PM Reply   
The ppi 900.4 seems to be the most popular budget amp for the rev 10's. Arc audio also has a great one. The new Polk amps also are taking off as midrange priced amps.