Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-16-2010, 4:07 AM Reply   
I loved the substance and have been thinking about getting a used one. I was looking on LF's website and the new Trip looks ALOT like the substance. Does anyone know if they are the same mold?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-16-2010, 5:57 AM Reply   
There once was a board that was called the Trip, one of the most monumental boards in wake history. It went away for a few years and resurfaced as the LF Team board. A few more years went by and the Team was now gone and the Trip resurfaced with molded in fins. It's the same as it always has been, except it has molded in fins. Probably the best board on the market at $299 retail with bindings. Love that board. Hope this helps.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-16-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
The Substance was Watson's ride until he got his pro model. I think the Trip and Substance are different enough you may want to check out the Watson Classic, or some of the other 3 stagers
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-16-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
I have this this (2006 138) sort of not serving me any real purpose.

http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=55796

It was a replacement for a 138 Omega, but the time I got it, I had gotten to like the board I ride today. It's only been ridden twice, both times at KCW. I'm just letting you know. I never even thought about getting rid of it.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-16-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
The Trip has been in the LF lineup every year since 1999. Never went away. Its been a similar shape every year, four molded in fins (early years were removable) . 2 removable center fins. Continuous Rocker. The newer ones have a more aggressive continuous rocker. Team was considered a "super" trip., still continuous rocker. The substance is a three stage rocker. The newer ones probably ride more like the substance than the older trips, but there probably is still a difference. I've ridden a 07 trip (redesigned in 08, more aggressive rocker and longer molded in fins i think) and an 04 substance. Boards were not alike. The watson classic might be your best bet to get something closer to the substance characteristics.
Old     (scbrips)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-16-2010, 11:38 PM Reply   
Necrason + original Trip = Circus Elephants.
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-20-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
Bring back the substanceeeeeee