Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       08-17-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
Im looking into buying a surf soon, I've ridden the coex, phase 5, and a brigade. I liked them all except the brigade was alot slower than the coex and P5. What kind of board do you guys reccomend, I don't really sack out my boat except for the stock bags when I surf. Which board doesn't need a monster wake to free ride but is also fairly quick...?
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-18-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
I can surf all day behind my DD on my LF Skimskate 5.0, but its not much fun (Slam "pepsi's, smoke cigs, etc" . I've gotten my DD more dialed in now and can surf the coex with no problem and its much more fun, but eaiser to fall out of the sweet spot.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-18-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
Your wake size, wake shape, boat speed, your weight, and size of board will effect your ride and speed.

I've ridden my Red Tide as fast as 15 mph, but with my ballast maxed out. If your looking for an easy ride with less set up look for a large board like the Red Tide, or maybe a larger Shred Stixx.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       08-18-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
Wake size - 205v with stock ballast and 3-4 people on one side
Speed - 2k rmp, perfpass cant hold steady at slower speeds for me
Weight - 135
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-18-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
I don't have experience with either of the boards that you've ridden. However with your size (weight) you should have many of options. If you're not going gonzo to build a big surfing wake I'd go with a bigger board.

I’ve ridden the Red Tide as fast as 14.7 mph and the Blue Lake at about 13.5 mph, that’s fairly fast surfing. However I think a big board like an Inland Surfer Red Tide would be bigger than you need, but an Inland Surfer Blue Lake, Hyperlite Broadcast 5.6, or maybe the Broadcast 4.9 might work. There are other good boards, but I don’t have first hand experience with them.
Old     (christopher)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-20-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
We have a 7' ocean board that we keep in our boat for bigger people and also for cruisin. here are some pics of some of the stuff my brother has done

Upload
Upload
Upload

This isn't the only board that we have though. We have a Phase 5 oogle, a Inland surfer Red Tide, a Hyperlite Landlock (woundn't reccomend) and the Hammer 7' surf board. I would reccomend all except the landlock.