Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MalibuLX3)      Join Date: May 2010       05-29-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my wakeboard bindings/boots. Right now I have an older Liquid Force Rhythm 134 with LF suction bindings (I think that's what they're called). I think I want to go with the closed toe considering everything I've read about them.

These are the two different bindings I'm considering, what one do you guys think I should go with?

2009 Liquid Force Alpha Closed Toe Wakeboard Binding $167

Ronix Kai Boot (Adam Errington) '09 $150 (My link won't work for some reason with this one)

I'm looking to only spend around $150. My skill level would be beginner I guess. I've been wakeboarding for a couple years now, but I've been snowboarding for probably 8 years, and skateboarding for awhile too.

Let me know what you guys think

Thanks in advance

-Curtis
Old     (MalibuLX3)      Join Date: May 2010       05-29-2010, 6:45 PM Reply   
I found these boots, and after reading a bunch of great reviews about these I think I'm going to pick these up unless anyone says otherwise between now and Monday. 2007 Murray Boots
Old     (bridges)      Join Date: May 2010       05-29-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
what size do you need? if you can go to 210 bucks this would be better for you.. even though that 2007 murray is a good boot its still 3 years old and have came along ways even since 3 years ago..

here is the link...http://www.evogear.com/outlet/wakebo...oots-2009.aspx
just use BBB on the code and takes 25 percent off...
Old     (bridges)      Join Date: May 2010       05-29-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
and i mean if you have a extra 100 bucks you could upgrade and get you a whole new 2009 set up...

how much do you weigh and what size shoe you wear and il see what i can find..

Last edited by bridges; 05-29-2010 at 7:24 PM.
Old     (MalibuLX3)      Join Date: May 2010       05-29-2010, 10:24 PM Reply   
Thanks for your help. I weigh about 150lbs and I wear a size 10 shoe. I like those LF Watson's, but that's just a little more than I'm looking to spend right now. I'm really trying to stay around $150.

Thanks for your help
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-30-2010, 5:22 AM Reply   
Go with the Kai's, so dam comfortable and a really high level boot.
Old     (bridges)      Join Date: May 2010       05-30-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
alright thats cool. but i mean if you were to save up only 100 bucks more you could get a 2009 liquid force trip board and 2009 transit bindings for just 250.. but its cool all up to you.. but ronix bindings are really comfortable, there pretty close to the top of the list if not the best most comfortable bindings made.. i havent ever wore kai's but heard they where comfortable... make sure they fit your board though!

the trip and transit bindings..

http://www.evogear.com/outlet/wakebo...oard-2009.aspx

http://www.evogear.com/outlet/wakebo...oots-2009.aspx
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-30-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
I have the alpha bindings and I like them a lot. This is my second year with them and they are real durable and comfortable, and they dont cost a lot. I would buy them again.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-30-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
I've got the 08 Alphas and there were some definite improvements in 09, I've tried them on in the store haven't ridden them but they feel a lot better and look like they have way less foot bed than previous years. Having said that my 08s are still going strong, they look a little rough but function is all good. Wish I could score a pair for under $200 mine were about NZ$500.
Old     (MalibuLX3)      Join Date: May 2010       05-31-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
I like the idea of a new board, but I just don't have the money right now. I'd like to get the best bindings I can right now for $150 and then upgrade my board later when I can.

I'm going to try on the Ronix boots since they are local and see how they feel and go from there.
Old     (MalibuLX3)      Join Date: May 2010       06-01-2010, 9:40 PM Reply   
Well I was going to pick up the Ronix boots today, but when I called to make sure they were in stock, he told he they were not. So now on to the LF Alpha. Now I wear a size 10 shoe and the boots comes in size 9-10. Do you guys think this should fit me fine? I wish I could try these on ahead of time, but no one around me sells them.