Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (greazytaco)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-29-2009, 4:08 PM Reply   
Going to Oahu in a few weeks... anybody know of any place to ride with a decent boat/equipment? Thanks!
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-29-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
If you can get to Kaui there is a sick river and they have a newish malibu.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-30-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
I don't understand why wakeboarders always want to wakeboard in Hawaii. You can wakeboard at home. Hawaii has so much more to offer. Go climb the stairway to heaven, go learn to surf, go snorkeling, go to Sandy beach and try not to get killed by the gnarley shorebreak. I recommend doing all the things you can't do at home, but can ONLY do in Hawaii.

-I'm from Hawaii.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-30-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
Sometimes its doing something you love in a place where its not easily done just to say you did it.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-30-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
well have sex on the beach then
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-30-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
wear a rubber dude
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-30-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
you can wear a rubber at home.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-30-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Bahahahahaha "have sex on the beach" go on you silly squirrel.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       12-30-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
"you can wear a rubber at home."

i'd say go do some surf lessons or something, I'd think its more worth the money doing something new that you can't do at home. Plus you won't have control over crappy water/crappy wake.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-30-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
There is a place in Oahu called coco marina, they offer pulls behind an old Nautique and provide their own equipment which is pretty old and kinda crappy but its better than nothing.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-30-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
http://www.hawaiiwatersportscenter.com/wakeboard.html
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-30-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
lol. Thanks for the laugh.

I agree. Try new stuff. Kiteboard, surf, get certified and dive.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-30-2009, 8:01 PM Reply   
What part of "hey guys can you help me find a place to wakeboard in Hawaii" did you not understand? He didn't ask for suggestions did he? Durrrrr.
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-01-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
I dis-agreee. I want to wakeboard every place i visit.
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-01-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
One of my greatest wakeboarding memories was being able to ride with Alan and his crew at the ski club. They have the coolest set-up out there. He picked us up at the dock and took us by boat to the clubhouse. He had just recently taken delivery of his new SAN and we got to help dial the wake. We had lunch and beverages, and when I tried to give gas money, he begrudgingly took it. Hope I get to pay it forward to him one day. Not sure if he'll ever leave paradise to hang out in IL though.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-12-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
Kauai ( Wailua River) Oahu ( Kaneohe Bay)
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-12-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
wakeboarding at the Oahu water ski club is not like riding at home, believe me. Plus, if you can't ride at home right now because it's so cold and the water temp in Hawaii right now is probably 78, then why not!!! Why do you think the pros all the years back traveled to Hawaii and hung out there (the old school pros)?

Imagine a 200 yard glass water arena, all year long because it is very protected by the winds and no idiot drivers or tubers!! If Kona winds are flowing, then you can ride beside the reef runway which is twice as long as the ski club (protected). It's a slice of heaven compared to the crap out here in AZ. The crew is getting slim in Hawaii, but you might get lucky with ride from Alan or one of the boys.

Don't pay to board at Hawaii Kai Marina, high price, no wake allowed, have to go in circles mostly. Something like that....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-12-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
Watch out...Keith is about to start chanting.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
The "You can wear a rubber at home" comment just about made me fall out of my chair.

I think like Benjamin, if you can do it at home, you're almost wasting your time. The one exception is golf, being that no course is the same.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-14-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
My wife and I wakeboarded twice on our honeymoon in Hawaii. It was awesome! Once at the ski club and once at the infamous Kaneohe Bay. Much thanks to Shima, his bro, and his friends for the
pulls.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-15-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
Jim, I give you an A+ on your profile pic. Good Job buddy!
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-15-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
point, set, match: Tampawake

Do what you want on vacation. It is YOUR trip.