Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-13-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
What are the smallest setups out there? I'm looking for a cheap board/binding set for my son & nephews to share. My nephews are 5 & 4 and my son is 3. What boards/bindings do people use for their kids?

(Does anyone have any for sale?)
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-13-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
My son has been riding this setup since he was 5 Motive 109 w/ Mini Spin Bindings
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-13-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
yeah the Hyperlite motive 109 W/ kids foundation bindings is the smallest board that we carry in the shop here. I just sold the last one that I had for $205. I guess that isn't to expensive for a quality product. LF makes a Nemisis 111 for the little guys too with the Micro size bindings. I don't have anything from Ronix that small but I'm sure it is out there in a Venue or a Vault. CWB and Obrien most likely make something as well. I would check out the internet and your local shops to see what they got.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-13-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
Yes CWB has the Charger 119cm/Seven hinge tech binding combo for 269.00 at most shops.
http://www.cwbwakeboards.com/index.php?mod=boards_detail&id_prd=33

(Message edited by innov8 on December 13, 2007)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-13-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
check out the youth closeouts at boardersmall.com, he's got some motives for 99 bucks
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-13-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
the nemisis/star 111cm are great first boards. ther varialble edge helps prevent catching edges and also gives the kids a smoother transition onto edge. also when they grow out of the size the next size up 118cm nemisis/star is not just the same board but longer. it has more rocker deeper molded in fins for kids looking to progress.

if you're loking into packages the kids domain boots are very comfotable for a kids boot and extremely easy to get into with out any help from the parents. which i feel gives the kids more self confidence

the cwb carger package is a great setup but a little big for kids of that age. also ive seen a lot of kids having problems pulling the hinge up or down on there own. their parents usually have to do it.

most kids combos are the same price. but some shops have some 07s left.

either way your kids are lucky to have the opportunity to start riding so young.
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       12-13-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
Ordered my daughter this setup for Christmas

Liquid Force Nemisis 111 with switch bindings for $139 and free shipping.

http://www.ladyboarder.com/liquid_force/youth_wake_package_deals/07_liquid_force_package_star_111_with_switch_youth .asp

Here is a link to all of their youth packages

http://www.ladyboarder.com/shops/categoryproducts.asp?category=youth_wake_package_d eals
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-14-2007, 6:05 AM Reply   
Boarders Best Buy has a Motive 119 w/ Foundation bindings for $149 today.

http://www.boardersbestbuy.com./