Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    hadcity            08-12-2002, 4:40 PM Reply   
Ok, This sounds gay but every time i try the 3 i always land backwards and my board gets caught in the water and my head hits and knock myself out so bad i dont remember the jump!! lol i know i suck!!! any thing i can do off water or on water that would help. thx,
JoRdOn}
Old    eyesman            08-12-2002, 4:46 PM Reply   
try not drinking so much before boarding - j/k

jordan,

trying pulling the handle in to your trailing hip reach for the handle with your leading hand which now should put the handle at the small of your back, at this point snap your head around so you can spot the landing. just doing a standard w2w jump and trying to grab the handle (without pulling it into your hip) will result in a head slap for the majority of riders - speaking from past experience. good luck!

dave
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-12-2002, 7:58 PM Reply   
I've just started working on my 3's. Had the same problem. Now I get my run in and right before I get ready to try my blind 180's and 3's I get a helmet tossed from the boat. Scoop it up, slap it on the noggin, and poof--no more headaches on my screwed up 3's. I'm using the Protec AirWake.
Old    lunker            08-12-2002, 10:39 PM Reply   
I agree with whit, get the helmet. I got a couple concussions last year from the old numbscull. Put on the helmet till you get enuff rotation for a regular old faceplant, then switch to a hocky goalies mask :-)

Mark
Old    hadcity            08-16-2002, 5:20 PM Reply   
hey,
hey thx for all the advice and im buying a helmet this weekend lol! thx again
hadcity
Old    hadcity            08-18-2002, 8:33 PM Reply   
hey i tryed the 3 again and i figured out what i was doing wronge. It was that i was try to get to much air and wasnt comsontrating on my 3. so jsut at first try the 3 with not as much air to any one trying it. thx
Hadcity