Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (djpurnell)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-10-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
does the paddle wheel under the boat supply the speedo and the perfect pass with the speed signal ?

i am asking this as my perfect pass speed reading keeps dropping to 0 mph and the boat shoots off !!!!, the speedo keeps reading ok

if it is the same sensor where do they tap the perfect pass into the sensor? (must be a dodgy joint)
Old    jmccallum            08-10-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Yes, PP uses the signal from the paddle wheel.

Make sure the paddle wheel spins freely!!!
Old     (djpurnell)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-10-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
i think it must be spinning freely as the speedo still reads correctly.
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-10-2004, 9:39 AM Reply   
You can test the paddlewheel without turning on the engine. I replaced my paddlewheel this weekend after having completely broken it on the boatlift. I also had to bend back the fin things that surround the wheel into place so the paddlewheel could spin freely.

Just have someone turn the power on on the boat (DONT START THE MOTOR!!, just the microturn forward where the power is kicking in but not the motor), and you can go under the boat and flick the paddlewheel yourself with your finger. The perfectpass and regular spedometer should read, though the spedometer may have a minimum of 10mph, so it takes a strong flick! I got a 12 mph flick...

I've got a 'Bu, not a X-2, but perfectpass at least works the same throughout.