Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (stadtjunge)      Join Date: May 2008       07-23-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
interior
product 1
product 2
product 3
product 4
product 6
product 5
interior 2
interior 3
interior 4
interior 5
amp rack
batteries
tower 1
tower 2
tower 3

the list of goodies:

(4pair) Hertz HSK200.3 (8"-4"-1")
(2) Hertz HXS300 (SPL 12" woofer)
(1) Wet Sounds Pro 485
(3pair) Wet Sounds MB-8
(1) Wet Sounds Pro 80
(1) Wet Sounds Pro 60
(4) Kinetic KHC-2400
(1) Kinetic KHC-1200
(3) Audison LRx 1.1k (running towers)
(1) Audison LRx 1.2k (3200 watts!!!)
(1) Audison LRx 4.1k
Clarion CMD6 with puck

The install is flawless and sound incredible. If you're in the greater Washington area, you've gotta take a peek at his boat. It mostly resides at Lake Stevens, but frequents Wenatchee and Chelan often.

If you don't know the caliber of the gear installed on this boat, it's very high end gear.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
DAng looks AWESOME!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-23-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Images aren't working for me.
Old     (neneman54)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-23-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
same
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       07-23-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
4th. Nick nice use of sarcasm...lol
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
No pic's. Weird I haven't heard of this boat. I have many friends that live on Lake Stevens. Whats the boat?
Old     (stadtjunge)      Join Date: May 2008       07-23-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
I have tried now 3 times to get these pics to upload. I'll see about another way...
Old     (stadtjunge)      Join Date: May 2008       07-23-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
http://mobileinnovations.shutterfly.com/

try this
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-23-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
^^^^ WOW!!!!!!!!!
Old     (lakelife)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-23-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
Looks good. Just made for show right? If I had a stereo like that on my lake I'm pretty sure some redneck fisherman would shoot a hole in my hull while I was sleeping...
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-23-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
sorry but total overkill
Old     (stadtjunge)      Join Date: May 2008       07-23-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
total overkill for some. I'm excited to see people take the category to this level. The caliber of work done on this boat is a clear indication of the possibilities of what can be done to marine audio.

a 253 MPH Bugatti may also be overkill, but can't you appreciate it?
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-23-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
I have to ask...

which is worth more?

The Audio, or the boat?
Old     (stadtjunge)      Join Date: May 2008       07-23-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
I was just informed that the woofers are (2) Hertz HXS380D (SPL 15" woofers). Each with 1600watts RMS in their own vented enclosures tuned to 28hz.

When they upgraded the tower, the original 12s had to be replaced with 15s for additional bottom end.
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       07-23-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
Well...to some of us that don't know the definition of "over kill", this is AWESOME!

Nice work, and thanks for sharing!
Old     (stadtjunge)      Join Date: May 2008       07-23-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
The boat is not for show, though it has been entered and has won awards.It's used very often and seems to be the center of attention at any gathering.

We aren't exactly sure what's worth more, the audio or the boat. Pretty cool stuff though, huh?
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-23-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
somebody is compensating...

Except the tower it is nice, the tower looks a bit silly. I DO appreciate the work though, very nice.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-23-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
no place to put a towel in that boat no storage, but you dont need it enough vent in front of those speaker it BLOW you HAIR off !!!!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-23-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
The best part is the stereo gear is worth more than the boat.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-23-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
The creativity is awesome and it look to be beautiful workmanship but the concept imo, it's totally ridiculous. Looking at it reminds me of a pest control van with the big bug on top. Don't know why but it does. Hey what can i say ..
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
I can appreciate the equipment and hard work that went into it. Def woulda picked a different boat and chilled a bit on the tower speakers. I don't like the way the seperates around the lounge are sticking out but it's damn nice work. It for sure accomplishes what it set out to do...be extreme!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-23-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
Have enough money and you can create whatever you want. I liked everything but speakers on top of tower.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-23-2009, 6:39 PM Reply   
That's definitely a demo boat for a shop, which makes the "overkill" outlook a little different. That's NOT you're average consumer's boat.

Nice attention to detail, except for 1 thing: The WS cans that are upside down need to have the woofer's flipped over so the logo isn't upside down....
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
Nicely done. Not to talk smack, but why in the world would you put in 3" speakers!!! They will certainly be the first to distort, or they are heavily protected via crossovers/gain reduction and aren't really even used. If you need an example take a listen to the now defunct Fusion P series speakers- they tried to sneak a 5.25 in the mix and it ruined them (the P series that is- chroming ruined Fusion).

EDIT: Before somebody beats me to it, IMO a well designed 2 way system will always beat a similarly well designed 3 way system if you've got subs.

(Message edited by joe_crawley on July 23, 2009)
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-23-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
WOW! Nice set up!
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-23-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
This is still one of my favorites form Bfield
Upload
Old     (bondo)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-23-2009, 9:13 PM Reply   
Mobile innovations is good people. They are located in wenatchee washington. Arick, the owner of mobile innovations does some pretty incredible install on all sorts of vehicles. His mega cab is retarded! And he did some fantastic work for dynomite diesel. If i didnt enjoy doing my own work I would surely bring all of my stuff to them! Steve
Old     (stadtjunge)      Join Date: May 2008       07-23-2009, 9:15 PM Reply   
Joe, are you serious?

You lost credibility the second you compared Fusion to Hertz.

And a two way being better than a three way? HAHAHAHA. I'm Xposting this to the 12v insider forum.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-23-2009, 11:20 PM Reply   
Mixed feelings. I am not one to wear everthing I own on my shirtsleeve. I'm not a big fan of several things done in the boat. All of the speakers on the floor? Sure to get wet, grills kicked in or buried under fatsacs if they were in my boat. I also agree with the previous comments about the 3" speakers, I can't imagine when they would be needed in a boat. All of the Wetsounds look rediculous on the tower, I would suspect the imaging and phasing to be a mess if everything was not time and phase aligned. Even if it was whenever you go off center things are going to start cancelling each other. Never a fan of speakers on the top (even when I had mine up top).

I would have been much more impressed with half of the equipment. Lots of nice gear, plenty for two boats. The most impressive systems are those that don't look that impressive until hear it then start searching for the equipment hidden in unused spaces.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2009, 11:42 PM Reply   
Certainly not comparing Fusion to Hertz (which is actually comparing Diamond to Hertz), but I've never seen a high end 3 way system I've really liked.

Paul- I'd be interested to see if you have any credibility- why do you like 3 way systems. I can give you a bunch of very good reasons they regularly lose out to 2 way systems in IASCA comps. I'll help you with reason number 1, but I'm sure you already knew this, they are 4 times harder to align properly and they create serious axis/phase issues if the listener is not stationary in the position they were aligned for. Like in a boat. Chump. Post it on 12V insider and own yourself.

EDIT: Is this your boat Paul?

(Message edited by joe_crawley on July 23, 2009)
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-24-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
Ok first off I love hugh stereos and I am always looking to add to mine but I am not a fan of this boat. The tower speakers and overkill. Its not designed very good it looks as if they just put wetsounds up there any place they could. I dont like the interior either. The speakers are set out onto the floor and I dont like how every speaker is in plain site. I am a bigger fan of having a boat roll up and nothing looks special but when you crank it it blows people away and they start asking about your system. I would much rather have all the subs hidden. Alot of work went into this boat so I am not dogging it just not quite my cup of tea.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
I don't know if this is paul's boat but he definitely has some skin in this game. He's the one that posted all those pictures up on that website. I give that system less than a season before it's all tore up from someone stepping on all those floor speakers.

They sure went all out on that boat. Hate to see what it cost because the quote that shop just gave a buddy of mine for a free air ws 10" sub, JL amp, interior boat speakers, and deck with remote was retarded.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-24-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
I have to agree with Mikiski on every point.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
Geeez... and they put that in a Supreme? Talk about wasted investment.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-24-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
Out-of-Control!

i think this project was done to make a statement. Heck all of us are talking about it, and we all now know who Mobile Innovations is, which we certainly didn't before. I don't know a lot about advertising strategy, but it could make sense.

All it needs is Monster or Rockstar stickers pasted all over it! That's clearly their strategy with the over-the-top vehicles they put together.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-24-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
Wow. I can't imagine the tower sway with that amount of weight in speakers. Forget trying to hit a double up.

At what point does it become too loud?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
It's tough in a boat but stealth is the only way to go. If I leave my Speaker Sox on people look in my boat and see 4 Separates and thats it. They trip, it's the same reason I use Bose in the house.

Not knocking the install job on this at all it's pretty damn awesome just not my speed but then again my boat/system is built for function. If my boats running 95% of the time its towing or throwing.
Old     (speakersox)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-24-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
If he should decide to buy some SpeakerSox for that boat, I could put my kid through college.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
The pods all over the floor is just plain... well stupid. Its a "look at me" system instead of a sound system. Should have taken out the vdrive sacs and just put subs in there. Hope those speakers are waterproof.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Where's grant? The pic of the Epic with 8 12"s in the back is impressive. This boat? ehh...
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-24-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
I hate to be the one that says it, but that just looks stupid/retarded.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-24-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
^^i agree those steel grills are gonna be dented, crushed, rusted, f'ed up, those wet sounds look retarded on top.
Old     (bondo)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-24-2009, 10:13 PM Reply   
It is completely overkill. And i think it was supposed to be that way. Two people own this boat. One guy owns the boat, the other owns the stereo install and donated the equipment. The boat and truck are purely advertisement. I am not a cheerleader of this company. I know the owner of the boat and the owner of mobile innovations, and have seen alot of the work they do. This is a hey look at me install. find mobile innovations on myspace and see the other installs before you beat these guys up. Arick is not advertising on here and probably isnt looking for out of state buisness. thanks for your time in this matter. steve