Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-28-2009, 10:17 PM Reply   
What's the deal with international pricing for boards? I was looking at picking up a Ronix Bill and noticed that a few sites are charging an extra $150 for this board if it's an international order. I've never seen that before with wakeboards or snowboards so I was just wondering if anyone knew what was up with that. Kind of weird, I thought.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-28-2009, 10:22 PM Reply   
i think it's to cover international postage...
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-28-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
I was guessing that probably had something to do with the rationale behind the price difference. If that's the only reason though I find it a bit hard to swallow. My last order was for 3 pairs of boots, a board, a handle/line, some dvds and a vest and shipping was only 60 bucks from Cali to Canada. The included shipping costs might make it worth it for someone halfway around the world, but for someone 30 minutes from Buffalo this is seeming a little strange.

(Message edited by player138 on January 28, 2009)
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-29-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
UPS standard to Canada is only around $30 for an item that size. I do believe that you are dealing with an unscrupulous seller.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-29-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
I had heard that American dealers aren't allowed to sell to people in foreign countries because of the price difference. The idea being that it's unfair to European (and other non-US) dealers because they have to price their products higher. I know I was told by a person who works at Wake'N'Skate that if they were to sell LF products to a person in say, England, they could lose their license to sell LF gear.
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-29-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
Have them ship your board to a UPS store in Buffalo and then go pick it up.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-29-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
Oh ok that makes some sense then Nick.

John - definitely not unscrupulous sellers, I noticed it on the Performance site and Buywake
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-29-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
um, i don't think it means canada, cos you can still have land shipping.
read the fine print. I'm pretty sure the info is there.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-29-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
"If you are shipping anywhere outside the continental United States you must select the One Board - International or your order will not be processed."

Seems pretty clear cut to me. I don't really care, as I've found a better deal on the board anyway. Just thought it was interesting.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-29-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
I think it has less to do with shipping costs than it does with different pricing outside of the U.S. as Nick mentioned.