Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (kimbelly)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-05-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave. Sorry Jeff. Hopefully I'll get to meet you at Wakefest and you can give me pointers.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-05-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
Were heading out Saturday morning for our first pulls of the year. At least the water is warm now.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-05-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Jim.... Sounds like your coming down w/ something
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-05-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
Some big news and lots of things happening on this thread; damn I work too much.

I'd like to add another twist or second poll to piggyback off of JB and Alex and my questions is: How stressed is Alex getting as we move closer and closer to the big date??
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-06-2008, 3:11 AM Reply   
8 to go!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-06-2008, 4:23 AM Reply   
I am going to be in Philly mid July for work. I'll be there for awhile so I'm looking to hook up with some of you. I have an 06 Wakesetter and didn't really plan on bringing it, but if I can get some info on where to keep it I may reconsider. So hit me up via e-mail or PM me and let me know what the scene is. Thanks!
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-06-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
I am in and will bring a few people to wakefest. Does anyone have room for another this weekend? I am having a registration issue and will not have my boat ready to go until next week. Let me know driver, gas, beer, extra hand whatever else you need. Give me a shout (267)987-9565 or keenan.john.r@gmail.com
Thanks
John
P.S. how strict are they with registration? I if I have the title on me (new boat) will that be an issue? In SC I would be fine but not sure about up here?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
Hey Riding dirty, where about in Philly are you gonna be?
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-06-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Hi guys,

I know someone coming to Wakefest via public transportation - should he just bring her board and hope for a pull? It's a pain the the ass to bring a board on the train to begin with and I'd hate for him to come all that way and then need to carry it around with him.
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-06-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Gonna be a ROASTER tomorrow....anyone going out? I was just talking to Charles and he and I are looking to possibly get some pullsssssss.

Lemme know whatsup.

shmeyer917@gmail.com
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-06-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Jim, I'll basically be working at the Airport so they will probably put me up near by. I'm looking for some people to ride with. And if I bring my boat I'll need some where to store it.
Thanks...
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
Ridin Dirty..........welcome!
Try here for boat storage
http://www.stgdepot.com/

It's only about 2 miles from the boat ramp at Bordentown.

John K, don't slack on your registration. That will get you stopped every time here. (as well as no skier flag too) Boaters safety card is also a must-have.
I have a full boat tomorrow, or else I'd offer-up some pulls for you. Hopefully someone else will have room.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-06-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
ok, i'm beat. kick ass day on the water today. glassy and empty! I need a beer and 10 hours of sleep now
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-06-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
I keep my boat at Ross's in Trenton, about 2 miles north of the Bordentown ramp. They charge me 80 a month to keep it there on the trialer, and the Trenton Ramp is less than 1/2 mile away, its free which is awesome, but theres some sketchy dudes that hang out there, which is less awesome. Check that out too if you wnat
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
Ditto what Chris said.Epic conditions today. Complete glass and no one else on the water. The water felt like silk under my board.We had a mini jump competition today and I think Chris paid off the judge.LOL. Awesome day I'll get some pics up tomorrow.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-06-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
Hey! There's more Wakefest news!

There's going to be a WakeKite demo! What's a WakeKite? Here, check it out on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB5H8wxkvWg&feature=related

Am I stressing? Nah! Well, maybe a little. But you know, I got a couple of these things under my belt
already. The stress this year has been no where near as bad as it was the first two. Plus, I'm supported by
a solid crew, all with the same Wakefest history. There's just no substitute for experience.

Chris S: I know Jeff from Hyperlite is going to be bringing a ton of new boards for people to demo. While I
can't guarantee it, perhaps your friend can use a demo board.

Welcome Ridin Dirty.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-06-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
Hello Everyone! Doreen Checking in! Been awhile since I posted. For all of you new to the thread who I haven't met, and there are alot of you, if you're coming to wakefest, make sure you come by the main tent and say hello! I'll be the one selling the raffles and Wakefest T-shirts that you'll want to buy! :-)
Alot of cool things Alex is announcing as it gets closer!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-07-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
Hi Doreen hope all is well see you in 7...
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-07-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
Will be there in the a.m. as well...

Alex, wakekite demo...That's awesome. Can't wait till next weekend!

P.S. I won't be able to bring any of my gear for the weekend because I am bringing a whole bunch of other stuff and cannot carry everything. Can I possibly borrow someone's for a set or two? Or maybe I'll get lucky this year and win one in a raffle??? :-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-07-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
Wow!! Did you see what I see??

Go to Wake World's main home page and check-out the "Latest in Wake" section. Eeeee-haaaa!!
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-07-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
That's Fan-damn-tastic Alex! I can't wait until Saturday :-)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
Here is 3 quick videos of our day yesterday.
Me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcGhELns_fo

Ken http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qufCLGJxkfg

My brother-in-laws first time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOIRwYMq_4Y
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-07-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
hey what up everyone! been awhile for me since ive been on here. been busy lately flying back to cali 2 in 2wks but ill be back just in time for wakefest!!

JB dont be an emotional wreck im sorry i never hit you up but i thought about it several times just been hella busy and you know i would of been down this sat. but im with the fam.

aight just wanted to stop in and make my presence!!

lata
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-07-2008, 8:01 PM Reply   
Jim, I love watching the video's you post. You'll have to send me an email telling me how.I am so behind the times on youtube postings!

That's really cool the press NJ Wakefest has received. First we're all in the Wakeboarding Magazine, now press releases on the home page of wakeworld. Gotta love it! Wakefest is next week, do you beleive it??!!

I think we should have a special prize for the person that comes to wakefest from the farthest state. Pro riders excluded! :-)

Can't wait to see everyone....I'll be at the main tent, stop by and say hello!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-07-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
This guy was in NJ last year and made a guest appearance just outside of Philly along with Gerry Nunn. Mr. Lyman was kind enough to help my daughter nail a 1 wake t/s 180 and helped me finally make a w2w t/s jump consistently. He had great energy and did ride one set, but was only 2 weeks off of his latest surgery so 540's and ole 720's was all the poor guy could pull off. I would also mention it seemed every trick was grabbed and poked.

Upload
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-07-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
I forgot Mr. Nunn is able to throw down too...

Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2008, 5:02 AM Reply   
Jim, great videos! Gotta love the edge-to-faceplant move!
Ewing, looks like you guys had a fun day with Nunn and Lyman.
Johan, good to have you back man. See you next saturday.
Kelly Lee, I have some extra gear you can borrow, although I'm pretty sure you'll have a chance to demo some equipment there.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2008, 5:58 AM Reply   
Ewing, that is a great shot on Gerry Nunn.And the water looks great.

I haven't made up my mind yet but I may drop in today around 4pm til dark but we'll see.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
Here is another quick video of Kens first ever backroll attempt.

http://www.wakepics.com/video/22253/kens-first-backroll-attempt
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-08-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
That backroll attempt was pretty good. If you speed up the boat, take a bit of a more progressive edge, and wait until after you pop to throw the trick you have got it. Also keep your handle down at your leading hip, because it looks like you pulled a little bit towards revert there
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-08-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
That Gerry Nunn picture is pretty crazy. He's above the second wake and he's still 10' or 12' in the air!
He must have been landing way out in the flats. That river looks like pontoon heaven.

Doreen and I spent Saturday night counting and sorting Wakefest soft goods. It was a pain, but sort of fun
at the same time. In other Wakefest news, Ryan at San Bar is still working hard to get his slider built.
Here's the latest picture.
Upload
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-08-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
I plan on making it down on Saturday. I haven't really got to talk with any of the jersey wake crew since the s.o.s tournament last July.Looking forward to this, I'll probably be rocking my ww jersey.

I'm trying to convince some of the Virginia Tech Wakeboard team to travel up to jersy an hangout.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-08-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
Speaking of sliders, I just spotted your name in here Jeff, I'm dropping one in by my house on SML. It should be in for a few weeks, if the cops don't come by and cut it down. And Daniel and I are converting his extra dock into a kicker with a wall ride on part of it.

Sorry for the thread jack.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-09-2008, 4:42 AM Reply   
Here is one of the flying nunn...I have the landing but you can't see it due to the spray from the boat.

Upload
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
looks like my trip to Roo is out. see you all on saturday!!!

Dave, thanks for the pulls on saturday. Had a great time with you guys.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
Anybody looking for pulls this week give me a shout. I am home all week and could use someone to drive for me
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-09-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Joe,

Could I talk you into coming down to the Rancocas on teh Wake Academy boat? I've got a film crew coming in to film a pro drifter racer and you could fill out our crew. Let me know if you want to join us.
Kim, I'll look forward to meeting you this weekend at Wakefest! This is really shaping up to be quite the event!
And the Wake Academy has begun pulling new students! Needless to say I am soo stoked on how things are going.
Here are a couple updates. I have put together some new entertainment packages with teh Wake Academy. 1/2 day wakeboarding sessions and tickets to two different concerts.
311/Snoop Dogg on July 15th
3 Doors Down, Staind and Hinder July 26th

And lastly, I will be announcing some private clinics this Friday and Sunday with Tino Santori at the Wake Academy!
For more, check out www.thewakeacademy.com
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-09-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
JB, Michele and I will be at that 311/Snoop Dogg concert!

Thanks for the pulls again on Friday. How was the rest of your weekend riding?

Hello all! Glad to see everyone is stoked and riding hard! There is just so much activity here on this board, it's crazy. And Ken is trying backrolls? Man I need to step up my game! good to see.

Countdown: 4 more days!!
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Alex.....I just saw this thread on the discussion board. even though the fest is only a few days away I though it might interest you.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/588663.html?1213046975
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-09-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Zuka how many are coming with you firday? I need a head count.

Joe, are you staying in the area this summer?
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
hey joe i will be back from cali on wed. but if you still got room im open thur. to ride i just cant drive which sucks, but just let me know?

alex, that rail is lookin nice!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-09-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
Thanks Scott. It's funny...these guys contacted on myspace with a friends request and I denied them! I may have
even reported them as spam! Funny. Maybe I'll reach-out them now and see what they have to say. Good lookin' out.

Jeff Z. Look at Justin's countdown and do the math. I think we need your help here brother.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-09-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
Hi Everyone,

Great to see sooo many people checking in on this thread. Unbelievable to think about how the number of people have grown over the years. Exciting!!

Speaking of exciting...can't wait until Saturday! Good times. The shirts and hats look awesome!!

I want to throw this out there for all my fellow ladies (since there now is a growing number of you in NJ). Guys that know of ladies that would want to attend...you count too. Last year there was a Maven Session http://www.liquidforcemaven.com/flas hosted by Liquid Force in NJ. Now it seems that they may not make a stop unless we can get multiple boats full. So in an effort to keep this AWESOME all female wakeboarding clinic for girls at any skill level, I'd like to know if any of you or your friends are interested in coming out. Again, this is just my attempt to make it happen...nothing official. Please send me a PM and let me know if it's something you'd want to come to. Of course I know that we can't commit until we know details...but just to have an idea of ladies that may be interested in the area. Thanks!!

PS Justin said that he doesn't count Saturday...Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
Joe if you are still looking for someone to ride and drive for you with this week let me know. keenan.john.r@gmail.com
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
JB- Ill definately head down to rancocas on Wednesday, just tell me what time.

Johan and John- Anytime you are looking to get out just call or text me. 609 937 9801. I am trying to get down every day this week if I can

Dave- No, I started work at Global Boarding this past weekend. I am home right now until wakefest, and will probably be bringing my boat back to new york that night. I am actually still hoping that Robb will cruise down here for wakefest this Saturday and make an appearance. I rode with him a few times this weekend and he is definately still on his game, really fun to watch.

River was great tonight, 90 degrees and glassy as the sun went down. Who's boat is that red x1? I have seen it a few times but I never know who is on it.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
Joe, I might be down to ride THursday. Gotta check the schedule and see if I have a car to do. What time would you be riding?
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Any time. I dont have a job here. You say the word and Im there. If you are local I could give you a ride. If not, I could get you at either Princeton Junction Station or Trenton Station....
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
Joe I will give you a call tomorrow
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-09-2008, 11:38 PM Reply   
John K and Joe, I may have some room friday for more riders, starting at 10am until about 4pm.
(anyone else?)

Joe, the red X-1 is Woody's boat.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-10-2008, 5:09 AM Reply   
Ryan at San bar is working feverishly to get his slider done for Wakefest. Here's the latest picture of
Ryan and his slider, with Ryan doing a pretty good Sammy Hagar impression.
Upload

I think this slider may separate the men from the boys (with the boys nailing it and the men breaking their
old bones).
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2008, 5:37 AM Reply   
WOW, our thread is going crazy!
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-10-2008, 5:46 AM Reply   
anyone heading out this afternoon?
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-10-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
We've got 18 people who have RSVPed YES for NJ Wakefest from the NY Wakeboarding MeetUp.

http://wakeboarding.meetup.com/19/

If you haven't joined this group yet, you should :-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-10-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
Here's something new!
In addition to the live blog on wakeboardnj.com, Kevin has also set-up a Wakefest live blog!
Go here and start posting pictures and comments!
http://www.njwakefest.com/wakefestliveblog.html
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-10-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
Michele, hats are a new addition to the wakefest gear for 2008. They look so cool. "NJ Wakefest" on the front, "Going Big in the Garden State" on the back. They are limited so these will go fast.

Hey JB, I'm really interested in the 3 Doors Down, Staind and Hinder concert for July 26th! Can I forget the wakeboarding and go the concert instead??!! Hehehe :-)

Pending our pre (friday) or post (Sunday) wakefest schedule, I may sign Connor up for the clinic with Tino Santori.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
David 2 days to go...Sara and I will be there @ 1000hrs to bake... Whats the weather like this coming weekend?....Nevermind I'll look it up... "giggity giggiety giggiety giggyity,,,,," Sorry I am listening/watching family guy at the same time...

JB, I like snoop, but I just sold my flack jac though...
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
Alex, Justin was accurate 4 to go...
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-10-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
Anybody want to go out before tomorrow morning, say 8 am-noon? I have a third but no driver.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-10-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
Doreen, of course we can always work something out! I'm a man of the people!
Jeff, you're skinny, so just turn sideways when the shooting starts and you'll probably be fine!

Joe, thanks for the pull out of Bordentown today. I really had a good time and you rode well! John, you were charging it, too! I was stoked to meet some more of the devoted riders in the area!

Saturday is fast approaching! No one tell Alex that one report suggested rain...( Did I just do that to him? Not nice!)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
JB,
Although I like blue Ban - danas...,
I'll make sure I wear RED to match the board I won at the first annual wake feast...
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2008, 3:08 AM Reply   
Who said the "R" word for Saturday??!! Shhhhh!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
As the guy from Myth Busters once said "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Even though I don't
like talking about it because I don't want to give myself the malook, I've been watching long range weather
forecasts pretty closely for about a week now. The Weather Channel and New 12 New Jersey are both forecasting
a primarily nice Saturday, with only a small chance of an isolated afternoon summertime passing shower. Remember
last year's SOS event? Nice all day, then at the very end of the day it looked like it might storm, but
it never did. I think we're going to be absolutely fine (typing this with crossed fingers).

I'm taking this Friday off from work and I'll be at and around 60 Sylvia all day getting things ready for Saturday.
If anyone's in the area and wants to stop over, watch me work and maybe hoist a couple of cold ones, give me
a ring or just stop over. If you show-up at the right time I may even put you to work!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
I just spoke with Lou from Off Shore Marine. A chain of events have forced him to pull-out of Wakefest. Lou's
been at Wakefest every year so far, he hates to miss it this year and he definitely wants to be there next
year, but just can't get there this Saturday. Lou has always had a nice Correct Craft display and Wakefest won't
be quite the same without him. This is unfortunate news. Oh well.
Old     (ryan_s)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-11-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Hey everyone-

My name is Ryan Schmitz and I'm new to the sport of wakeboarding. I grew up in hamilton, went to the Hun School, and now attend the University of Colorado at Boulder. Ive been riding pretty consistantly for about 3 weeks now with my good pal Joe Flotteron, who i went to high school with, and im really starting to love riding. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone as i hope to keep riding as often as possible. Ill be attending wakefest this saturday on Joe's boat so i hope to meet a bunch of you guys and gals out there and take in whatever info you guys are willing to give out. My email is longbeachlivin7@yahoo.com if anyone ever has any extra seats on their boat that need filling haha. Hope to meet everyone on saturday!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
2 to go folks!
This is off noaa.gov website:

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 86. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 85.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Check check check,,,,,,,,

I've got Smokey Joseph and my asbestos suit ready for WakeFest, so bring you appetite.

JZ Check this forecast,,,, if bad weather even hits we'll be safely tucked away at Chickies and Petes by that time.

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg =1&zipcode=08505&metric=0

Welcome Ryan!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-11-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
This site is blowing up. Must be close to wakefest. I'm gonna start my wakefest Friday on the river and get all the glass I can before Saturdays crowd.
Who else has a room at the Ramada Saturday night besides me?
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-11-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
I just booked my room. I did not get the wakefest discount it expired May 14. So it cost me an extra 5 bucks. I tried real hard for the 89 bucks with no luck. I'm thinking of dropping off the boat and taking a cab to the bar from the hotel.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
Yo Brian...
High: 83 °F RealFeel®: 84 °F (I like that RealFeel, copyright...What? that 's not a compound word?)
Humid with times of clouds and sun... I Like Dat

Even though I ripped my left arm out of its socket last Friday (you can see it all), I took this whole week off to rehab so I can ski Friday.... for the finale...

If your're gonna' ruin your summer might as well do it behind an X-STAR

P.S. Wakeworld shouldn't highlight a word when it's spelled correctly i.e. finale

(Message edited by Zuka666 on June 11, 2008)
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-11-2008, 11:16 PM Reply   
anybody looking for some late day pulls tomorrow? Me and Ryan are going out around 6 or 7ish and could use a driver/3rd
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2008, 2:42 AM Reply   
What time is everyone planning on rolling in for wakefest?
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-12-2008, 2:58 AM Reply   
Hi people-

Just checking in and figured I would say have fun this weekend. I know it will be an awesome time.

Ryan, I figure I should welcome you to the thread considering i went to boulder too.

Alright well talk to everyone soon
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-12-2008, 5:22 AM Reply   
Alright! It's Doug checking-in from the other side of the planet! Good to hear from you Doug. I hope you're
doing well in your new surroundings. This will be the first Wakefest without you.

Here's the latest slider progression picture.
Upload

It's really crunch time now. I hope everyone has a great pre-fest Friday, and I'll see you on Saturday. Wakefest!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-12-2008, 5:43 AM Reply   
Welcome Ryan S!

Dougie Fresh checking in, Nice! Got ur message the other night, I was on the scooter on the way home from the train when you called, I'm sorry I missed it. Karen says hi!

Brian, don't forget the metal-forging mask for the occasional flare ups!

That slider is looking really good. I just wonder how they are getting it to Bordentown?!?!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-12-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
Slider looks good...wakefest should be a blast, too bad I have to work.

Joe F...man I wish you lived closer to me and you must put on 3-400 hours a year with as much as you go out.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-12-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Our boat took about 450 hours last season, and I could easily take credit for about 300 of them. Plus riding I do behind other peoples boats... still could use a driver for some evening sets

(Message edited by jflo453 on June 12, 2008)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Dougie!!! Live well brother… you are missed!

Kevin M, a cab to and from Chickie’s is a smart idea. We will be doing the same.

Ha ha ha, If memory serves correct KG, I think we did have some type of unwanted fire going last year…. Sorry bout the paint on you truck.

Dor, I’ll be rolling in before sun up, cigar in hand no later then 6:55.

Work Ewing? That stinks, I couldn’t think of a better reason fake an injury or call in with some intestinal sickness..
Old     (ryan_s)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-12-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for the welcomes everyone, appreciate it.

For those who have booked rooms at the ramada, I think but am not sure, chickie and petes is a 30 second walk from the lobby. I could be thinking of another hotel, but i know for a fact there is one right next to the restaurant.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-12-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
There's an Econo Lodge right next to Chickie's & Pete's. The Ramada is probably a good mile walk.

It's kind of funny, but last year I had Ronn Seidenglanz with me the entire day before Wakefest to
keep me on track and to help me with a ton of the pre Wakefest labor. This year it looks like I'll have to ride
Doreen's bicycle over to the truck rental place!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
At 10:30am tomorrow my 3 day wakefest celebration will begin with some morning glass and 80 degree water.Let the PARTY BEGIN!!