Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-15-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
Looking for an in expensive way to get way in the boat. Somebody was telling me about the Straight line 1200lb sofa launch pad. I've heard a lot of people suggest you want to weigh the boat evenly, would just putting in the sofa be too back heavy?

Also, I'm assuming you could just fill the seat with air if you wanted? anybody know?
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
I have that seat... i plan on using it this weekend. I have had similar seats so ill give some feedback.

I had the old 1800lb fat seat in my boat, that had the arms that went along the engine compartment. When I filled that up with water, my swim platform was almost knee deep. The front of the boat looked like it was a rocket aiming for the sky!

I suggest putting weight up front. If you put that 1200lb seat in the back and fill her up, try to get 800lbs up front. Get a sack under the bow and stick your fattest friend up there and you should be good.

I filled up my fat seat with air when we didnt want the weight in the boat and it eventually popped. We would have 3 people sitting on it and eventually the seams just gave out.

I will be filling up the sofa with air this weekend and giving it a shot... I will let you know
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
Sick bag! I put about 600lbs up front when using this.. however we only had the driver and an observer in the boat! So i would suggest a 1000lb capacity bag that you can fill all the way up if you load the boat with people. Let me know if you have any ?'s
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-21-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
Just beware of seam leaks. We have been through 3 of them and all had leakage problems. 2 in the exact same spot. I finally just went to the X Series 750lb rectagle sac and we made a seat for the thing that we can face rear or front. It will expand to hold at least 850lbs xtra full. Then we use 300-500 up front and usually have 4-9 people on board. 2 seasons on the x series sac and NO leaks.