Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-29-2005, 1:31 AM Reply   
Don't tell me I need surgery when I go see you as soon as I can. My luck finally caught up to me in the wakeboarding world, ended up with a locked knee and then the wrenching twisting slam. First thought well besides the rude langauge was that I blew my knee out, second thought, how am I going to get these boots off, third my season might be done. Guess I have to look deep within and do a bit of the praying thing. Wish me luck.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2005, 6:06 AM Reply   
Good luck Jeffrey. I hope it's not serious.
Old    walt            06-29-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
Best wishes Jeff.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-29-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
dang... ok, I have my fingers crossed for you. I am so sorry to hear that. Get well soon!!!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
good luck bro.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-29-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
hope its ok and just a bad hit. I will also keep my fingers crossed for ya.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
preyers is the way to go.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-29-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
So far splinted up and taking lots of advil, next appointment on Monday. Lets see if the family doc can figure it out, my guess is that it's a formality to get a referal to the sports clinic.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm still hoping to make it down in September/October to hit up Shasta but right now the next spring ride might not even look good.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-30-2005, 1:36 AM Reply   
That sucks Jeffe' hope all works out. Me and Julia send our best vibes...
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-30-2005, 3:09 AM Reply   
Good luck Jeff. All the best buddy.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-30-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
Good luck Jeff. Hope everything goes fine. I feel for you as I have been in your shoes with the knee. Two ACL's later I am still riding today............knock on wood!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-30-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
Hopefully it's just a little worked. I landed in a very similar way two years ago. Thought I had finally done my knee in. When I was laying in the water I couldn't get my board off and my knee felt like it was burning from the inside. I was pretty sure my summer was done. After a few days it started to feel better and I was riding by the next week.

Good luck man. You gotta win that award for furtherst distance traveled to spring ride again next year. Besides, you hockey players are way to tough to sit out a season with a little knee injury.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-30-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
good luck, hope everything works out
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-04-2005, 5:13 PM Reply   
Thanks again everyone. Jeff keep rocking the stiffies bro. Evan, dude you know I'd be riding if I could get outta the damn water!

So appointment #2 suspects a sever sprain, 10 more days of rest and better anti-ifamatories until visit #3. I'm watching the hottest few weeks of my season pass me by. Canada day long weekend was everything from rain to heat but the whole time it was calm enough to ride, I know I did plenty of driving.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-14-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
Just finished up at the docs for what's hopefully the last visit. He was comfortable thinking I didn't blow the miniscus and restated a sprain. I've been give the ok to drop the brace and start light exercising. No wakeboarding yet but if I can get from a crouch to standing maybe I'll try and give the skate a go. With any luck I'll get August in. I guess I'll know in a few weeks if I'm going back to Sacramento in the fall.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-14-2005, 10:34 AM Reply   
thats great news!!! Just take it easy there, Jeff.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-14-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
Jeff, I'm in the same boat as you (Bad knee sprain). Take everyone's advice and take it easy. I've prolonged the recovery by over doing it too soon.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-14-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
Tyler, I plan on it. I figure once I can crouch and stand up somewhat comfortably though I might give the skate a try since I pretty much suck at it and can only just carve around like a young grandma. Just even being able to do that though would be a big confidence boost and I'd at least feel like more than the driver. As the knee progresses I'll strap my old loose boots onto my board because I know I can get them on and off real easy and just start working my way back to slapping the Ultra's on. I won't have the Ultra's on until I'm at least 90%+ because of how hard they are to put on and off. Small steps, starting with exercise tonight and going from there.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-14-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
can you please include me in the "PLEAD" also..i went to the orthopaedic doctor today and founf 2 bone chips in my knee one was cause from a earlyer dirt bike accident but todays visit was from this weekends wakeboarding incident when i landed a 180 with a locked knee and tore my ligament with bone from my knee...thats all i know now..tomorrow is the MRI ...please doc i love wakeboarding it hurts enough..i want to wakeboard again this season
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-14-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
Hang in there Ryan, I just went through it all, and still am.