Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    lachrimae            07-28-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
Having been the victim of car stereo theft 2 weeks ago I'm starting to worry about my boat. I have about 2.5k worth of stereo equipment in there and it's just sitting in my driveway with a tarp over it.
For those of you that keep your boat in an unsecure location like me, what do you do to keep it as safe as possible? I've thought of a motion sensing alarm but I'm concerned that my flapping tarp would set it off...

lach
Old    sonicr1            07-28-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
I just got my amps yanked out of my boat... in driveway... it is now on the side of my house, behind the fence, where my protection trained dog can get to any thief who wants to meet him!!! :-)
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-28-2004, 10:06 AM Reply   
motion sensing light{25$} and an ak-47{450$}. i hate thieves!!
Old    mb_girl            07-28-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
I agree with the motion sensor, that will keep most people honest. But if they really want your stuff, not much you can do.
Old    lucky            07-28-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Where do you park your boat again?
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       07-28-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
Greg,lol
Old    lachrimae            07-28-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
uh, I'm posting this for a friend who lives in and parks his boat in Belgium... yeah, uh, that's it!
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-29-2004, 5:36 AM Reply   
I purchased this motion alarm from EBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41969&item=5911254 663&rd=1
I put it behind the passenger seat where my amps are at. It won't activate with the cover blowing, only if someone lifts the seat to gain access to the area where the amps are at. I was surprised at how well it works. Not bad for 30 bucks.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-29-2004, 5:48 AM Reply   
Benelli 12 gauge and light sleepingHell I leave my boat at my house, tons of teenagers in the neighborhood, just let them know what you are about.
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-29-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
Rod - I really like that idea. Does it go off when you are climbing around on the trailer? Or just when you open the passenger seat.

Thanks
Kevin
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-01-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
Kevin,
It is behind the seat and will not activate unless I lift the seat up. The thieves would be able to get my deck w/o it going off, but not any of the expensive stuff. You get what you pay for and for $30 I'm very happy with it.
Old    whitevlx            08-01-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
My in laws don't have fence, but they do have an airedale who meets you at the road. If he doesn't like you, you don't get on the property. It also helps that my dad-in-law is known for shooting gophers all night long as well. People probably steer wide just because of that.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
the problem with shotguns is if you shoot them while the bandit is in or near your boat you could dammage the boat, which would be bad. I think something like a desert eagle, burst fire glock, or beretta would do just as well with minimal dammage to the boat. Good aim wouldnt hurt either. although the best protection would be a garage.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-01-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
ya, be careful around the boat, you don't want damage.