Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       06-12-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
Whats your BEEF with your boat. I'll start off...

My beef is with every boat fuel fill. Who designs this #$%@? I am tired of filling the boat up with a 2" opening. I think I am goning to send my boat manufacturer a bill for all gas I have lost over the past 10 years.
Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       06-12-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
That felt great let me try again...

My BEEF is with all the towers out there that have exposed wires. Would somebody design a tower with the wires hidden.
Old    hyperryd            06-12-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
My BEEF

My gas filler for the boat is on the opposite side of the pump from the truck. Every time we go round and round.
Old    wakepirate            06-12-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
My BEEF is there are never enough Big Breasted women around
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-13-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
How about gas gauges that are acurate. Enough said.
Old    bambamski            06-13-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
I second the gas fill thing. No matter how slow I go it always explodes all over.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-13-2005, 7:34 AM Reply   
I second John's BEEF about the gas tank filler being on the opposite side of the tow vechile's tank filler.

Why are most auto gas fillers on the left side and the filler for the boat is on the right? WHY?????

It's the biggest beating when going to fill up. It's hard enough finding a lane open at the gas station that can accomodate my rig, but having to do it twice is just down right rediculous!
Old    wickedwake            06-13-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
How about gauges in general? THEY SUCK!
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
My theory is that the gas fill is usually on the side of the car where the driver normally sits. In the US that would be the left side. If you own an import...particularly European that would be the right side. Convenience at the service station. Now, that beign said, which side of the boat do you sit at while you're driving??? See my point? Anyway, many of the newer wakeboats have a gas fill on either side, don't they?

Eric
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-13-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
I guess you guys need different tow vehicles or different boats... why didnt you think of this when you bought your stuff? My gas caps are both on the same sides....
Of course I have a crappy good for nothing b a y l i n e r.... HAHA!
Old    powaman            06-13-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
My gas cap for vehicle and boat are on the same side:-) and I've never had a problem filling mine.
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-13-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
if you put your hand over the gas fill hole and feel the air coming out of it, and then when the air stops coming and the sound changes a bit, its time to take out the nozzle. it works everytime. i have to do it all day long at a marina
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
Gas fills on both sides. One for the gas station and one for the marina.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
Mine has fills on both sides. Whatever additional that cost is well worth it. However, I do hate the overfill. Since the gas gauge is rarely accurate, you can't even expect about when it is going to happen.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-13-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
i am able to get in my boat ('02 xstar) screw open the plastic cover where the plug goes in and look at my gas tank. i sit in the back of the boat, pump the gas, and look to see when its full at the same time. since the gas guages dont work either, i am able to see how much we have left while on the water doing the same thing.

now, as for the ballast pumps.....ARRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    cool_arrow            06-13-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
i take a couple of paper towels from the rack n3ext to the pump and shove them around the nozzle where it goes into the fill hole, now i don't have to watch or be carefull cuz when the gas comes up it shuts the nozzle off and the paper towel keeps the gas from spilling out all over the place. no beef with gas, but my knee, now thats my beef. torn acl at work at beginning of season, work comp taking their sweet a$$ time approving surgery, yeah, i get a nice vacation but i'd rather work and be able to ride when i want rather than hold a frickin flag all day.
Old    cool_arrow            06-13-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
oops, sorry, beef with my boat, uhhmm, out drive!!!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-13-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
Perfect pass beef. Why can't you turn the system off while in drive? Occasionally after the last run I forget to turn the PP off so while trying to cruise back to the dock the PP kicks in and I have to go back to neutral (stopping the boat) just to turn the PP off.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-13-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
Tyler ~ You can turn it off driving,all you got to do is press the button twice.

Gas filler thing and the actul fill being on the opposite side sucks but I fill my truck 1st and then I go attach the boat.
Old     (npcain1)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
Major beef with people driving 35-40 foot Bayliners/Searays, towing a couple jacka$$s on tubes on little inland lakes....go put that thing on a body of water it was made for and quit ruining the glass for the rest of us who have boats made for small inland lakes, rivers.
Old     (npcain1)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2005, 5:40 PM Reply   
Crap this was a beef about your boat board, sorry i'll put that over on the crap talking board...sorry!
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
My beef isn't with my boat at all. It's with the weather. One day, it's dead calm wind, but rainy and cold. The next day? Bright sunshine, sunny and warm, but windy... very very windy. Can't I ever get a break?!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-13-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
What is the difference between rump roast and butt steak anyways? This is about beef, isn't it?
Old    jmo52            06-13-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
John~ The gas fill was an issue for a lot of people. They put it on the rear for the 05 MB's.
Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       06-14-2005, 5:18 AM Reply   
I just moved my fill to the transom and it seems to be working out great, 4" opening all the way to the tank. My other BEEF was the stupid speedo pickups...junk. Are any manufactures using gps speedos yet? I know the OEM supplier Faria sells one.

fuel fill
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2005, 5:56 AM Reply   
Retro , problem with that is if there is a current going one way youll be going 26 one way and 16 the other way, without some way of knowing what the water is doing. I dont have any problem with my speedo pickup (on my outdrive) :-) . I can fill my truck and boat at the same time, just pull up to pump close enough. Oh and when filling boat just listen for the gurgling and stop, tank is full. Tyler, i turn off PP all the time while driving, just dont do it after it takes over or PP will have let out some string and your throttle will not be in its normal position while driving. If it starts to take over push the throttle towards neutral a little bit till PP pulls in the string then turn it off and HIT IT
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-14-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
Big Ed/Bob,

Thanks for the PP suggestions!