Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-22-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
I'm looking for feedback on color of underwater LEDs before I place my order. White or Blue and why?

thanks
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
I have blue and like them you'll likely get better penetration with the white though but you may not always like what you see.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-22-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
I'm going with Blue on my boat, but my boat is blue and I've got blue interior LED's.
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-22-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
For no other reason than that, my boat has white interior LEDs so I was leaning towards the whites as well.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-22-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
Keep in mind the color of the water you will be in will determine how the light looks. oh ya my whole boat is blue inside and out as far as lighting and i still did the white for under water. and yes the color changes with every body of water.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-22-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
Anyone have any pictures of blue LEDs behind a boat?
I've posted plenty of the white...... looks green when just sitting in my lake. And when the boat's at speed, they make the wake look white.
Old     (mbouchard)      Join Date: May 2006       10-22-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
blue...
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-23-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
The white LEDs normally have 150 more lumens with same power rating.. If you did not make the Wakeworld group buy list, we have them on sale thru mid November for for about 40% off retail with free shipping..

http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/the-90/Under-Water-LED--dsh-/Detail

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-23-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
I have blue
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-23-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
Hey Ken what is the price of them through Novemeber/ Thanks so much
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-24-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
I went with the whites
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-25-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Illegal in California (before):
Upload

Legal in California (after):
Upload

Blue is reserved for the marine patrol in California.
Old     (wakemann)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-25-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
Nice clean set-up Mike
Old     (4x4chevyguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-01-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Mike the boat look good You will have to drop by the store so i can see what you have got done to it. I good to know you are useing the boat let me know if you need anything
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-01-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
I would not do business with Ken Land of Bullet Lines. Almost all of the stuff I have purchased from various wake dealers have always been happy to price match; not Ken at Bullet Lines he is so proud of his LED underwater lights, he wouldn't even knock $20 off? The abyass seller will sell a pair for $200 w/free shipping?

Ken went on to bash abyass, which I believe is original equipment on MC's telling me how his product was soooo much better and then he said oh you just missed the WW group buy were I sold them for $99 a piece, and still he wouldn't lower the price by just $20 bones.

Customer service goes a long way Ken, if you are planning on staying in business.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-01-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   

I answered all your questions about install and why I believed our product is better than Abyss (I never bashed Abyss). I also did not bring up the wakeworld group buy until you asked about it: I told you that the offer was no longer valid, but you could purchase the LEDs on our website for only $25.00 more which is still almost 40% less than retail. The Wakeworld group buy was a special offer, and if I made it available to everyone anytime, it would not be a special offer.

If Abyss is making you an offer like that, I would take it. I'm sorry I did not meet your customer service expectations.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com

(Message edited by bulletlines on November 01, 2008)
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-01-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
Ken lets get our facts straight...YOU did tell me I just missed the WW group buy, otherwise how would I have known about it. I didn't ask you for that deal all I asked was to pay $200 for a pair and pay the shipping. You would not budge. In fact you told me that they were going to cost $200 a piece in a few weeks so I should jump on the $250 deal. $50 bucks isn't going to break me but the fact you were so set in not even giving a small discount was a real turn off.

Wakeside and just about every other store will offer a discount or price match if you ask. Some of us like to feel as if we are getting a good deal...and please don't act like you were going to lose money by taking $25 off. Also you advertise on ebay for $300, your prices are all over the place. At least with abyass their prices are consistent!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-02-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
If you will only buy at a discount price the product is too rich for your blood.

I think you are upset that you missed the group buy and are trying to haggle Ken @ Bullet.

I agree with Ken and his stance. I am in Account Management/Sales so I understand Ken's point...

Sale is a sale...thus the T&C's
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-02-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
Wellman I'd buy the abyss lights and quit bashing Ken on this website. If you don't like his prices move on.....
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-02-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
I have moved on Nu Bu and Greg. If I can lay 50K down on a new boat every other year, then $50 bucks isn't going to break me Greg, I have already ordered the abyss.

By the way Greg most truly wealthy people are that way because they always ask for a discount, perhaps you should try it. Example in point when I bought a $7500 Rolex I asked for 30% off and got it, thus saving me thousands!
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-02-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
oooo cool rolex is it gold?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
I'm with ya on most accounts Wellman but asking and expecting are two different things if Ken doesn't feel the need to discount then so be it he loses a sale over $20 or principal or whatever. Also the lady who sells them on Ebay so cheap is no where near where Abyss retails them for in fact she's better than 50% less. You won't be disappointed with the Abyss I have them too on my V215 and I like them very much. The gal on Ebay can be slow to respond and ship but ultimately you get them for a great price. I'm gonna get a second set of them this next year from her it's crazy the first time I got them from her I asked for a deal on them outside of Ebay and got em for $120 the next time around she realized what she has and is at the $200.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-03-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
YOU HAVE A ROLEX!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-03-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
The watch was not meant to show off, rather just give an example of negotiations. Do you pay MSRP on your car or boat or house? Same thing.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-03-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
I think offering a discount is the right of the seller, not the purchaser. To bash someone on a public website for sticking with his companies policy is pretty sad. Especially for you to bash someone who contributes a lot to this site and provides a deals through special promotions. MSRP on a high dollar item is not the same as on inexpensive items. Margins are higher and there is more room to wiggle. Lastly, is it really worth trying to wreck a mans lively hood cuz you didn't get your $25? That's pretty pathetic.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       11-03-2008, 11:28 PM Reply   
Wellman, We get that you were trying to show off with your Rolex comment and your 50K boats comments, But come on you ride a Motive 144. You should pass on the LED lights, take the thousands you save on your overpriced watch and negotiate yourself a deal on a real wakeboard. Maybe you should sell the Rolex for a Ronix.

I agree with Big Heavy.

Joe where and which LED's did you get?
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-04-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
I ended up going with the whites from Ken (I was included on the group buy!)

They have alredy been delivered and the wife is wrapping them up to put under the Christmas tree!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-04-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Brannon,

In no way was I trying to show off, it was just an example. You seem to have an attitude problem Brandon, I have 4 different Hyperlite boards and I haven't updated my info. on WW for several years.
So why don't you take you attitude and stick it were the sun don't shine or come down to Texas were you can feel my redwing boot up your arse.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-04-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
RED!
Upload
Upload
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-04-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
As far as bashing goes on this site, look around it goes on everyday. I expressed my thoughts on Ken and his product and have moved on and purchased the abyss.

His lost over $20 bucks. In business negotiations is the name of the game, if you hadn't figured that out your probably a bottom feeder.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
Nice.

Ken, sounds to me like it's a good thing you chose not to do business with the likes of this type. Keeps you in the clear from his wrath & saves you from living in customer service hell because his panties are all knotted up over something stupid.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-04-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
Can I see some more pictures with blue leds?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-04-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
You must have way to much time on your hands to give ken such a bad time over $20. What a cheap a$$ mofo.... I can see you asking for a discount but to pull this crybaby crap when you don't get the discount is a joke. I hope you're embarrased.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on November 04, 2008)
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-04-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
NU Bu-I'm not embarrassed at all, in fact, I said I moved on and went with the abyss. But I'm not going to let a bunch of smack talkers like yourself continue to bash me for asking for a reasonable discount.
You seem to have plenty of time on your hands as well because you keep throwing fuel on the fire and seem as if you have to have the last word.
I'm done with this and would have been done 3 post ago if people wouldn't keep egging it on. NUFF SAID, ITS DONE, I wish Ken well.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-04-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
I like the Abyss lights, they have a lot more options to choose from. I picked up a set of the L800's for my swim platform brackets.

Upload
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-04-2008, 11:15 PM Reply   
I have been buying products from Bulletlines since 2004. Their ropes are second to none, I wish their ballast bags were still available, the new lights look very nice, can't wait to get them underwater. Always good service at reasonable prices.

The Abyss lights look fine, a little questionable feedback on their e-bay site. I have had years of good service from Bullet so that's where my money went.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Abyss has an Ebay web site now? Or is it just the same sellers of Abyss lighting?