Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-04-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
Hey All,

Anyone know where to find pvc fittings for these things? 1 1/8" thread...very strange.

Wes
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-04-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
Good luck man. I'm having the same problem. Check attwood directly to get fittings to 1 1/8" in. tubing.
Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-04-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
I hear ya….here’s my plan – I’m building a 2” PVC manifold feeding 4 Tsunami 1200s. This will be plumbed into the boat via an 1 ½” thru-hull. The only way I’ve come up with such that the pump body is removable from the manifold is to use a 2” to 1” reducing bushing and then a short piece of 1” pipe hose clamped to the intake of the Tsunami (1” pipe has an approximate O.D. to the Tsunami 1 1/8” threaded intake) another method is to glue the Tsunami into the reducing bushing by grinding down the threaded end slightly – I want mine removable without having to destroy my manifold.

(Message edited by wesgardner on November 04, 2005)
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       11-04-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
Wes, you may need to heat the 1" tubing to get it over the 1 1/8" threaded intake. I microwaved a cup of water, put the tubing in for a minute, and it helped quite a bit.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-05-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
I looked for quite some time and finally gave up. Anybody want some 1-1.25 adapters, 1" or 1.25" fittings??? I gave the pump to my buddy and he just hose clamped/siliconed some 1.25" hose on it.
Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-07-2005, 5:21 AM Reply   
I'm still accumulating parts for the manifold...I too gave up on a threaded connection and will use the hose clamped piece of hose - not elegant but it works...I'll post up some pics when I have the parts

Wes
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       11-07-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
Rule makes a 1 1/8 thread to 1" hose fittings for their bigger pumps. The reason that you'll find no 1 1/8 fittings is that these ballast pumps are really bilge pumps and the coast gaurd doesnt want any breaks in your hose from the pump to the thru hull since the pump is located below the water line. I say make the adapted with a piece of 1 1/4 hose and then a 1 1/4 hose adapter to what ever size you need. I work at a marine supply store and i see this come up all the time
Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-08-2005, 5:01 AM Reply   
Hey Dave,

Yeah, in fact the Tsunami comes with a 1 1/8" thread to 1" barb (hose) "L"...I wanted to go 1 1/8" thread to 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" thread so I could screw directly into an 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" thread to 2" weld (socket) pvc reducing bushing that'll be glued into the "T"'s of the 2" manifold.... however, the 1 1/8" outlet on the Tsunami is very close to 1" pvc pipe so I'm just going that route (I think)

Wes

(Message edited by wesgardner on November 08, 2005)