Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
How do you figure? I have watched that and couldn't surmise that. Even Erin Andrews said it was "90 seconds later".

I see you read/heard Sherman's interview where he believes people use "thug" as an accepted alternative to the N word. Otherwise why would have been sure to capitalize it?
Play was over time elapsed
1 Change of possession 30 seconds
2 1st down and time out by SF 35 seconds
3 2nd down and SF time out 35 seconds
4 3rd down kneel down and remaining 15 seconds
5 He runs on the field and does one interview and then hugs Erin at least 15 seconds
6 Repeats basically what he already said in first interview but with a little more sting to Michael

As for Shermans analogy on Thug.. That's his opinion and he's entitled to it.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-23-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
I think that's 90 seconds after the game ended which makes sense because he wouldn't feel the fully elated until the clock expired and they had won the game. Not sure why it matters though... either way it was a short period of time.

And sure, "thug" could be taken many different ways, I'm not sure I agree with his translation, but what we all can agree upon is that those lashing out calling him a "thug" most certainly meant it in a derogatory or ill-mannered way of some kind, no one called him that in a positive light!
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-23-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Watch on NFL.COM the MIC'D UP of Sherman. He had at least 5-10 minutes to gather himself up and still ACTED like a THUG. He may not be a THUG ,but he wanted the world to see him act like that. It was a show he put on for the cameras. Maybe Michael Crabtree reminded him who made more money or stole Richards girlfriend. I don't know. If Richard wants to be looked at as a professional he should act like one.
Maybe that is true about acting professional, however back to my statement on the previous page (which btw Rachel Nichols brought up the same thing on Pier Morgan when her interview with Sherman aired); if that is the case then lets look at all the other athletes past and present that should be judged the same way:

If you are going to judge Sherman for getting excited and saying something brash and talking trash, then you'll have to judge all the other players that ever did the same stuff - i.e Dieon Sanders, Muhamed Ali, Gary Payton, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lawrence Taylor, Kevin Garnett, John Randle, Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis, Charles Barkley, Floyd Mayweather, Terrell Owens.. shall I go on?

btw since we are judging here is an example for you: anyone ever hear Jordan's Hall of fame induction speech? He spent 20 minutes talking about how great he was and going back and rubbing it in everyone face who ever slighted him, talked trash to him etc... and that speech was planned! So should we now verbally attack MJ and call him unprofessional?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-23-2014, 10:42 AM Reply   
https://vine.co/v/hl9QTYx0Hqu
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-23-2014, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you are going to judge Sherman for getting excited and saying something brash and talking trash, then you'll have to judge all the other players that ever did the same stuff -
I disagree, there have been different ways to do what he did. Ali was one of the most outspoken athletes ever. He talked trashed that was second to none... but when he did it he was lovable. Sherman's actions / antics are similar to what Ali did for years, but Sherman but just comes off as an asshat.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-23-2014, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I disagree, there have been different ways to do what he did. Ali was one of the most outspoken athletes ever. He talked trashed that was second to none... but when he did it he was lovable. Sherman's actions / antics are similar to what Ali did for years, but Sherman but just comes off as an asshat.
Umm... dig back into history a little bit. For a while, Ali was hated by a HUGE portion of the country. Most of the country in fact.
He became loved over time. I'm not saying Sherman is comparable to Ali, necessarily... although he may be. Ali risked everything for his political and humanitarian convictions.
Sherman isn't in that position and with any luck won't ever be. But looking at the perception of each guy purely as an athlete, there isn't a lot of difference. For most Seahawks fans, Sherman is very, very lovable. Boxing is/was a little different because fans weren't divided 32 ways. Race is certainly a factor for both guys... but it was a MUCH larger factor for Ali, obviously.
These are also different times for media coverage. When Ali was at the top of his game, there weren't as many articles being written about him or TV commentary about him in a month as there have been about Sherman in any 24 hour stretch after that game.

Just like Ali, time will be kind to Sherman if he continues to prove himself as a quality human being who backs up his mouth with hard work... and wins.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-23-2014, 11:29 AM Reply   
Ali's trash talk was loveable? I bet his opponents and naysayers didn't think that. Kind of the same way you guys think with regards to Sherman.

We're all entitled to speak our mind, except athletes, they have to be perfectly respectable at all times under all conditions. We can call him thug or ass hat or douch bag but I'LL BE DAMNED IF HE CAN CALL SOMEONE MEDIOCRE!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-23-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
We're all entitled to speak our mind, except athletes, they have to be perfectly respectable at all times under all conditions. We can call him thug or ass hat or douch bag but I'LL BE DAMNED IF HE CAN CALL SOMEONE MEDIOCRE!!
I can't speak my mind at any time, under any condition..... If I acted like that after a "win" at work....I'd have some serious problems.

If either of my kids acted like that after an athletic win, they'd have some serious problems.

This has turned into more than it was, which IMO, was a guy reacting poorly to a situation. Even he knows that, or he wouldn't have come out with the apology via Ed Werder. I've heard him a bunch of times since Sunday night, seems like a nice enough cat, but it doesn't excuse the behavior from Sunday.

...and as far as the excusing the pat on the ass and "good job/game/whatever" to Crabtree as a "good guy" move and not mocking....well.... Crabtree knew exactly the motive and reacted poorly as well.... We won't even go into the choking stuff.....

As far as calling Crabtree mediocre....well, more being a poor winner...which is worse than a poor loser. Sure, he can do it and with that, he'll be judged by his words/behavior.

Richard Sherman is a great corner, no doubt.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
We're all entitled to speak our mind, except athletes, they have to be perfectly respectable at all times under all conditions.
Such limp dribble. Sherman's response was Sherman. It was BRASH and lacked CLASS. Everyone has a right to like it or not. Most of America is in the NOT group.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-23-2014, 11:52 AM Reply   
This week is so lame. The Pro Bowl is stupid... and there are no other games to talk about, so junk like this gets more life. I say we all stop talking about it and get back to trash talk.

No humble pie yet for the 12th man. My fork stays clean and dry. Go Hawks!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-23-2014, 11:53 AM Reply   
I hope Wilson is ready for some of this!
Attached Images

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-23-2014, 12:01 PM Reply   
Could not agree more, Rich.... The Pro Bowl is the worst "All Star" game in all sport....

GO BRONCOS!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2014, 12:01 PM Reply   
The Pro Bowl is so stupid. It should be a named team only. Like the All Madden team of the past.

Playing the game is just stupid. It will never be a good game since football is a game of intensity and passion.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
I remember the first time the 49ERs played the HAWKs at home in 2012. It was shocking how physical and intimidating the HAWK defense was at home. I fear that the BRONCOs may not be mentally prepared since they never played a great defense all year. The 49ERs have done only as good they did of late because they knew what they were up against. So, unless Seattle mellows out for this away game Superbowl, I think the "mild tempered" Broncos may be in for a shocking day.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-23-2014, 12:18 PM Reply   
I think the Seahawks could be in for a shock because they haven't played a good team this year, oh wait, they did play an AFC team...and lost to them.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-23-2014, 12:21 PM Reply   
I hope Wilson likes pot roast!
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-23-2014, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
I think the Seahawks could be in for a shock because they haven't played a good team this year, oh wait, they did play an AFC team...and lost to them.
I hope this comment was a joke or something cause if not it is the most unfounded and baffling comment on this thread yet!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-23-2014, 12:51 PM Reply   
No 12th man in New Jersey!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2014, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
I hope this comment was a joke or something cause if not it is the most unfounded and baffling comment on this thread yet!
I believe this is a Smack Talking Thread. Sounds like that comment fit the thread perfect.Go Broncos!!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezyshots View Post
Seattle struggles on the road too!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
All joking aside, if Seattle can bring their NINER game to the SB, the HAWKS will crush the BRONCOs like bugs on the ground. The Seattle defense will SHUT DOWN the Broncos offense so the game will only be close if the Broncos defense can SHUT down the Seattle offense. If Russel Wilson can open up the offense, the Broncos will be destroyed.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-23-2014, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
I believe this is a Smack Talking Thread. Sounds like that comment fit the thread perfect.Go Broncos!!!!
If you trash talk without using any facts or information to support your claims then yes I suppose so...
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-23-2014, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
I did! I thought what Jordan did was one of the most classless things an athlete could do. Yes, the HOF ceremony is honoring you, but most people thank those who helped them get there.
Well if that is the case and you feel like everyone on that list should be attacked same as Sherman then good for you, I can respect that (not necessarily agree), at least your are consistent.... but 90% of the people I hear attacking Sherman are not, they are hypocrites.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-23-2014, 1:12 PM Reply   
Robert, I guess just like the Broncos do.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-23-2014, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
i hope this comment was a joke or something cause if not it is the most unfounded and baffling comment on this thread yet!
lol!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-23-2014, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezyshots View Post
The highest percentage of SuperBowl tickes have been purchased in what state? I'll give you a hint... Washington. 17%. Trust me, the 12th man will be there loud and proud. Just like we were on the road all year.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
The highest percentage of SuperBowl tickes have been purchased in what state? I'll give you a hint... Washington. 17%. Trust me, the 12th man will be there loud and proud. Just like we were on the road all year.
But Sherman assured that the other 83% would be Broncos Fans.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-23-2014, 3:23 PM Reply   
I picked up 10 SB tickets so that my fantasy league can go, but they must all wear denver gear and 5 of them are die hard seattle fans
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2014, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
This week is so lame. The Pro Bowl is stupid... and there are no other games to talk about, so junk like this gets more life. I say we all stop talking about it and get back to trash talk.

No humble pie yet for the 12th man. My fork stays clean and dry. Go Hawks!
Yeah, I'm eating it for you. I'll save some to share with you after the super bowl just in case.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2014, 4:21 PM Reply   
Denver #1 offense 457.3 yards per game and 606 points scored
Seattle #17 offense 339 yards per game and 417 points score
Colts #15 offense 341 yards per game and 391 points Common Opponent

Seattle #1 Defense 273.6 yards per game and 231 points allowed
Denver #19 Defense348 yards per game and 399 points allowed
Colts # 20 Defense 357.1 yards per game and 336 points allowed

Now let's see what each teams playoff stats are? Did they improve,stay the same or get worse?

Denver Playoff Offense 50 points and 435 yards per game. Played the #2 seed Patriots and the #6 seed Chargers
Colts Playoff Offense 67 points and 461 yards per game. Played the # 5 seed Chiefs and the #2 seed Patriots
Seattle Playoff Offense 46 points and 292.5 yards per game. Played the # 6 seed Saints and the #5 seed 49ers

Seattle Playoff Defense 32 points and 358.5 yards per game
Denver Playoff Defense 33 points and 289.5 yards per game
Colts Playoff Defense 87 points and 466 yards per game. Each of these teams played 2 games.

It's plain to see which team improved in the playoffs. We refer to that as peaking at the right time.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2014, 8:41 PM Reply   
I'm not concerned about if the Broncos will score. Even Sherman can't totally stop Manning because you can't defend the perfect pass and Manning throws plenty of those (unlike Kap). It's Denver's defense that I'm concerned about. I don't see an answer for Lynch on Denver's defense. If the hawks win, I'm betting Lynch goes down as MVP. I'm predicting a high scoring game. Anyone want to call scores yet?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-24-2014, 3:27 AM Reply   
Calling all Scores………..
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-24-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
Denver is currently favored by 2 and 76% of the betting public is on Denver as of this morning. The line changed from -1 to 0 to -2. It is likely that by game time it will get to Denver -3. Over/under is currently at 47.5
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-24-2014, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I'm not concerned about if the Broncos will score. Even Sherman can't totally stop Manning because you can't defend the perfect pass and Manning throws plenty of those (unlike Kap). It's Denver's defense that I'm concerned about. I don't see an answer for Lynch on Denver's defense. If the hawks win, I'm betting Lynch goes down as MVP. I'm predicting a high scoring game. Anyone want to call scores yet?
Why do you think Lynch will be any different than Lesean McCoy or Jamaal Charles? We shut both of them down and they are ranked way higher than Lynch. We actually beat KC with Charles TWICE. There's some weird stigma that the Broncos haven't played anyone with a good rusher.
Attached Images

Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-24-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
Lynch brings another element to the game that those other guys don't have and that is "BEAST MODE". 9er's hadn't giving up a 100 yard rusher in something like 22 games until Lynch broke that 100 yard barrier in the championship. In the last two playoff games he's rushed for close to 250 yards.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-24-2014, 10:15 AM Reply   
LYNCH is a different beast. He is hard for linebackers to bring down and nearly impossible for DBs to bring down.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-24-2014, 10:23 AM Reply   
Seattle's defense shuts down quick passes by molesting WRs at the line. They also shut down longer passes with excellent coverage and a good pass rush. It takes fierce WRs/TEs to deal with the physical grabby coverage of Seattle. Crabtree and Boldin could handle it but it becomes a brutal battle. So, a lot depends on the extreme toughness of the WRs/TEs. The Saint's TE crumbled. The 49ERs Vernon Davis mostly crumbled. If the Broncos are not super tough, it will show through.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-24-2014, 12:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Denver is currently favored by 2 and 76% of the betting public is on Denver as of this morning. The line changed from -1 to 0 to -2. It is likely that by game time it will get to Denver -3. Over/under is currently at 47.5
Listening to one of the Vegas experts. From what I understand the "sharps" are sitting back biding their time this week in allowing the line to move in Denver's favor. I guess the idea is to get the general populace to buy in early and make their bets. After the action slows they plan on coming in a day before the game and laying the big bets down on the Hawks.

I know nothing about betting but it certainly sounds interesting if this is actually what they do.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-24-2014, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Why do you think Lynch will be any different than Lesean McCoy or Jamaal Charles? We shut both of them down and they are ranked way higher than Lynch. We actually beat KC with Charles TWICE. There's some weird stigma that the Broncos haven't played anyone with a good rusher.
I hope I'm wrong but, I really think they're gonna have their hands full with him. He never goes down the first time. He's like a little Weeble. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-24-2014, 9:52 PM Reply   
Marshawn Lynch has more runs of 25 yards or more in the playoffs than any other RB in the history of the NFL. Broncos running D has stepped up lately, but they've got a big test coming. If they keep him under the century mark on the day, I'll be shocked. Go Hawks.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2014, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Marshawn Lynch has more runs of 25 yards or more in the playoffs than any other RB in the history of the NFL. Broncos running D has stepped up lately, but they've got a big test coming. If they keep him under the century mark on the day, I'll be shocked. Go Hawks.
Let's look at the real facts. This season.
Players with the most rushes of 20 + yards
The Playoffs
Colin Kaepernick 4 Also 2 rushes of 40+
LeGarrette Blount 2 Also 1 rush of 40+
Marshawn Lynch 2 Also 1 rush of 40+

The Regular Season
Players with Rushes of 20 + yards or more
Alfred Morris 10
C.J. Spiller 9
Frank Gore 9
LeSean McCoy 9
Matt Forte 9
Adrian Peterson,DeMarco Murray,Chris Ivory,Andre Ellington and Terrelle Pryor all with 8
Ryan Matthews 7
Marshawn Lynch,Jamaal Charles,DeAngelo Williams,Reggie Bush and James Starks all with 6

Regular Season Rushes of 40 + yards
C.J. Spiller 4
Matt Forte 4
LeSean McCoy 3
Adrian Peterson 3
DeMarco Murray 3
Eddie Lacy,Ryan Matthews,MJD,Lamar Miller,Bobby Rainey all with 2
Marshawn Lynch and Jamaal Charles with 1 each

RB's with a Higher per carry average than Marshawn Lynch all with at least 217 carries and 1121 yards or more for the season.
LeSean McCoy,AP,Jamaal Charles,Matt Forte,DeMarco Murray,Alfred Morris all of the above Rb's were defeated by the Broncos.

So what was your point again?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-25-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Playoffs

The Regular Season
Alfred Morris 10
C.J. Spiller 9
Frank Gore 9
LeSean McCoy 9
Matt Forte 9
Adrian Peterson,DeMarco Murray,Chris Ivory,Andre Ellington and Terrelle Pryor all with 8
Ryan Matthews 7
Marshawn Lynch,Jamaal Charles,DeAngelo Williams,Reggie Bush and James Starks all with 6

C.J. Spiller 4
Matt Forte 4
LeSean McCoy 3
Adrian Peterson 3
DeMarco Murray 3

RB's with a Higher per carry average than Marshawn Lynch all with at least 217 carries and 1121 yards or more for the season.
LeSean McCoy,AP,Jamaal Charles,Matt Forte,DeMarco Murray,Alfred Morris all of the above Rb's were defeated by the Broncos.

I think the point is that Lynch is going to smash Denver's defense in the mouth and there will be little they can do about it. Second half is going to be brutal for them...
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-25-2014, 2:29 PM Reply   
The Broncos are really, really good. At one thing. If Manning has a good day, they have a good chance of winning... if he doesn’t show up, they lose. Every. Time. There's no second option.
Seattle's biggest strength is that if Wilson has a good day they win... or if Lynch has a good day they win... Or if both of them have a bad day but the Defense is lights out, they win. We've seen all those scenarios this season.
Now you've got Harvin to add to that equation. If he has a good day, especially in the return game, and any one of those other factors is even average, they win.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2014, 3:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
The Broncos are really, really good. At one thing. If Manning has a good day, they have a good chance of winning... if he doesn’t show up, they lose. Every. Time. There's no second option.
Seattle's biggest strength is that if Wilson has a good day they win... or if Lynch has a good day they win... Or if both of them have a bad day but the Defense is lights out, they win. We've seen all those scenarios this season.
Now you've got Harvin to add to that equation. If he has a good day, especially in the return game, and any one of those other factors is even average, they win.
There's a whole lot of IF'S in that statement.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2014, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
I think the point is that Lynch is going to smash Denver's defense in the mouth and there will be little they can do about it. Second half is going to be brutal for them...
I would think Lynch would appreciate it if his Offensive Line helped out with that Smash Mouth Style. One man against 11 is hardly fair.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-27-2014, 10:04 AM Reply   
Robert,
Here is a great new picture for your profile. I know our bet is only for one year but my guess is you'll probably keep this up forever.
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-27-2014, 10:41 AM Reply   
Vegas has the Seahawks as 2.5 point underdogs.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-27-2014, 11:29 AM Reply   
Pretty crazy, the 12's came out in full force to send our boys off to win the Super Bowl. Over 30,000 fans lined the streets as the busses drove away. Can't wait for the parade
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-27-2014, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Robert,
Here is a great new picture for your profile. I know our bet is only for one year but my guess is you'll probably keep this up forever.
Patience Darren Patience. The game hasn't even started yet.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-28-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
The Playoffs

The Regular Season
Alfred Morris 10
C.J. Spiller 9
Frank Gore 9
LeSean McCoy 9
Matt Forte 9
Ryan Matthews 7

C.J. Spiller 4
Matt Forte 4
LeSean McCoy 3
Adrian Peterson 3
DeMarco Murray 3

Rich mis spoke a little. Its the most TD runs of 25 or more yards in the playoffs by double the next closest. The point would be that he shows up big time in the playoffs.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-28-2014, 1:33 PM Reply   
Madden is picking the Broncos in OT.

http://devour.com/video/madden-nfl-s...wl-xlviii-sim/
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-28-2014, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Rich mis spoke a little. Its the most TD runs of 25 or more yards in the playoffs by double the next closest. The point would be that he shows up big time in the playoffs.
If you look at the stats i posted they include THIS years playoffs!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-28-2014, 2:05 PM Reply   
Got to love the media's slant on this:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...bowl-media-day

Sherman talks too much, Lynch doesn't talk enough. Who freaking cares??? If he gets fined, he gets fined. There isn't a single Hawks fan that cares whether or not Lynch talks to the media. The only ones that care are in the media.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-28-2014, 2:13 PM Reply   
Madden has the game at 31:28.

This has the Broncos scoring near the maximum (34) that Seahawks allowed all year.
This also has the Seahawks scoring near the average (25) that the Seahawk scored entire year.

So, Madden is expecting the Broncos to do great and the Seahawks to be average in bad weather in the SB.
Attached Images

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-28-2014, 2:14 PM Reply   
I don't think either team will score over 30 points in this one.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-28-2014, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Got to love the media's slant on this:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...bowl-media-day

Sherman talks too much, Lynch doesn't talk enough. Who freaking cares??? If he gets fined, he gets fined. There isn't a single Hawks fan that cares whether or not Lynch talks to the media. The only ones that care are in the media.
Why does the media think that they need all of these extra sound bites anyways? I think the media day is a bunch of bs. Shouldn't they be practicing and getting ready for the big game instead of playing all of these mind games?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-28-2014, 2:35 PM Reply   
^^^Practice doesn't sell commercials.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-28-2014, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you look at the stats i posted they include THIS years playoffs!
So what?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-28-2014, 6:44 PM Reply   
Marshawns interview was epic today and really showed who he is. I loved it and it's seems so did most of the analysts. If you haven't seen it yet look it up.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2014, 12:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Madden has the game at 31:28.

This has the Broncos scoring near the maximum (34) that Seahawks allowed all year.
This also has the Seahawks scoring near the average (25) that the Seahawk scored entire year.

So, Madden is expecting the Broncos to do great and the Seahawks to be average in bad weather in the SB.
I had a lot of respect for madden until he missed BOTH playoff winners this year..... BOTH!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2014, 3:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Marshawns interview was epic today and really showed who he is. I loved it and it's seems so did most of the analysts. If you haven't seen it yet look it up.
So What.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-29-2014, 8:46 AM Reply   
Lol
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-29-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
Is anyone else struggling to come up with a score for the game? Usually I just have a strong feeling but this one is tough.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-29-2014, 9:54 AM Reply   
Hawks 24
Ponies 10

Blowout city again for the Hawks. After we crush the "Orange Crush" I can't think of a more dominant team in recent years that the Hawks. Three blow games in a row against over hyped opponents. I thought this was going to be harder for the Hawks. I guess they really are that good.

Does anyone else smell that????? Its a dynasty cooking!!!!

In the words of the best basketball player ever, "Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six."
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-29-2014, 10:44 AM Reply   
I am a 49ER fan who is hoping for HAWK dominance. I want this because I respect the Seattle team and I admire their team play. They are a very well coached team with a lot of talent on both sides of the ball with huge talent in the defensive backfield. I also want it because this validates the 49ERs effort. Further, it will likely puts pressure on the HAWKs to not repeat. And, finally, it will shut up the stupid 49ER fans that talk about superbowl wins of the distant past.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
And, finally, it will shut up the stupid 49ER fans that talk about superbowl wins of the distant past.
At least SFO has some!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-29-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
GD, totally agree with everything you just wrote. Except the repeat. If the Hawks can hold on to some of their young talent this team will be fighting for SBs for a while along with the 49ers. The 49er/Hawk rivalry is so good right now and after this year it's going to just keep building. Depending on what happens in the SB, I think the real SB was Hawks/49ers in the NFC Championship.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-29-2014, 4:47 PM Reply   
I actually think that too and I'm glad we've had two weeks to recover after that slugfest. The two best teams in the NFL have already played.

I'm struggling between 27-31 points for the hawks but I don't see Denver getting past the 17-24 range.

I think Manning gets sacked +2 and gets picked +3 in this game. He hates pressure and ALWAYS tries to get rid of the ball fast but when your receivers are getting their schitt pushed in at the LOS by the LOB they won't be there in 2.2 seconds bit Clemons, Bennett and Averil will.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2014, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
I actually think that too and I'm glad we've had two weeks to recover after that slugfest. The two best teams in the NFL have already played.
Yeah, it sucks that the Broncos and the Patriots are both in the AFC so we already saw the "Super Bowl" and now have to watch AFC vs NFC.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2014, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am a 49ER fan who is hoping for HAWK dominance. I want this because I respect the Seattle team and I admire their team play. They are a very well coached team with a lot of talent on both sides of the ball with huge talent in the defensive backfield. I also want it because this validates the 49ERs effort. Further, it will likely puts pressure on the HAWKs to not repeat. And, finally, it will shut up the stupid 49ER fans that talk about superbowl wins of the distant past.
This is the method I've always used. When your team get's knocked out you gotta root for the next team in your division. If they get knocked out you gotta root for the NFC champ. I will never root for an AFC team.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2014, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
I will never root for an AFC team.
So you weren't a Seattle fan until they went back to the NFC?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2014, 5:23 PM Reply   
Floy Mayweather making 1 of his many bets on the Broncos ($10.4 million in total). If you had this kind of cash, how much would you bet on your team if you were a gambling man?
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-29-2014, 6:26 PM Reply   
What's that like half a round for him?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-29-2014, 7:49 PM Reply   
Yup
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yup
Hmm - they already won 2, Super Bowl XXXII and XXXIII to the Seahawks 0.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
BTW - I don't have enough confidence in either team to bet for or against them even if I was living large like Mayweather...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-30-2014, 3:21 AM Reply   
It should be a good Superbowl…………………………………………for the Broncos.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-30-2014, 8:35 AM Reply   
Mayweather is a jokeshow and a sucker puncher. My guess is he just took that picture and never bet.
Not a gambling man when it comes to money. Got a great bet going with a Bronco friend of mine, whoever wins gets to put up a Bronco or Hawks poster in the other guys house till next season. His wife is going to love it!! It will really tie the room together.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
Mayweather will be broke within five years of his retirement. This bet just accelerates that process...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
So you weren't a Seattle fan until they went back to the NFC?

I'm discussing football that is relevant in this decade. You on the other hand continue to sit in your hot tub time machine watching I love the nineties...