Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-17-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
What does everyone do for crosstraining in the off season? I work out wit weights, but I still have knee pain in both knees when the season comes around. Also, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what I could do to help my Switch riding.... I am thinking about getting a skateboard and only riding switch to get more comfortable....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-17-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
I move to Florida
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-17-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
yeah, I thought about that with the skate thing. Now i'm just alot more into skating, and I skate regular, and wakeskate regular, but I wakeboard and snowboard goofy. I don't get it either, but hey, even if it doesn't help, it helps pass the time!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-17-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
I was going to suggest snowboarding, which is what I do, but it would seem that you dont get a whole lot of snow. I try to run and lift regularly (try), and I have found a new love in the game of squash, which is a great workout for the legs.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-17-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
mountain biking is a great cross trainer it's low impact builds ur legs up along with ur stamina and will also strengthen them knees up plus it's alotta fun to!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-17-2009, 5:18 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1996
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-17-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
Along the lines of squash, I play tennis. Great for the knees and legs and shoulders.