Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    whitechocolate            03-27-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
I was thinking about replacing my lame DVD player with a PS-2, does anyone Have a gameing unit in there boat?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-27-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
no but i have been thinking of it as well
Old    whitechocolate            03-27-2005, 5:20 PM Reply   
Will: do you have a LCD screen in your boat?
Old     (cwbwakeboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-27-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
ya a gameboy lol thats it but a ps2would be nice but skipping i would think would be problem
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-27-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
Skipping would only be a problem if you were in fairly rough water and if you had no form of impact dampening like putting it in a soft box of some sort. We hook up our PS2 whenever we take our boxvan on vacations or go to motocross races. My suggestion would be to custom make a box or case that it can slip into with the inside being made of a foam or other soft material. Put two holes in the back for power and video and you should be set.
Old    berykid            03-27-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
I a'm in the process of mounting the 13in. lcd in the seat back of front seat in a closed bow Ps2 dampening box is in the works, it mounted in the glove box. the lcd is also tied into a tower cam. will be posting pictures when done approx. 2 weeks.
Old    whitechocolate            03-27-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
KC that sounds cool. yes let us see it when you are finished.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-27-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
a guy i know has a ps2 mounted in his boat and has a flip down lcd display on the tower box. he had an inverter and the ps2 mounted against the hull in the passenger storage area (the only other things he had in there were amps).
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-27-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
i have a 13 lcd on the bottom of the flip part of the passenger seat attached to a dvd, but then used the rear aux in on the dvd to wire in the cord for a ps2 and am working on getting a dc/ac converter for the power. First I have to build my sub box and get my real subs in. I have a temp sub in there, but it is in the wrong spot and distorts the lcd. As for mounting the ps2 i was going to either strap it under the passenger seat or make a cradle for it. I am not too worried skip wise as we won't be playing it while we drive.
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-28-2005, 5:14 AM Reply   
The best part of being on our boat is leaving that kind of stuff behind at home.
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-28-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
Grant I have an x box in my x-star, but I am in the middle of redoing the entire system, I will take pictures and post as things proceed. I had it hooked up to a 7 inch Panasonic screen in the glove box. I use an Audioconrtol FourIX to switch between the audio and the x-box. This worked great when we were just kicking it and people wanted to play a little Shawn Murry.

(Message edited by gizel on March 28, 2005)
Old    whitechocolate            03-28-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
I had heard from friends that had the first generation PS-2's in the boat that they had problem's, I didnt know if it was a direct effect of having it in a boat with the vibration, or if the first generation PS-2 where just not that good.

I was wondering if the new thinner PS-2 was better for vibration because the DVD/game plays/spins vertical not flat. I was wondering more specificaly if anyone had this new thin PS-2
in there boat. And how bass effects they playing of the game/DVD. It would be no problem to make a foam case that the PS-2 slides into to help it from vibration.

I saw a photo of the "MOCK up" PS-2 Ill post a photo of it.
Old     (nautiquelover)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-28-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
Grant, I have played my "new slimmer, sleaker, faster" PS2 in my boat. I used a 13 inch LCD screen, didn't have any problems w/skipping or anything. Took all the stuff out to replay riding video, the PS2 was just for fun. It is nice that it is so small, easily fit in the glove box. BTW you need to come out Disco to ride.
Old    whitechocolate            03-28-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Evan: That's a Bet. Ill come out to DISCO ASAP. We went out last weekend at Anderson. I had not had my boat out since November. I was trippin, After spending so much time in everyone eles's SAN's I thought my boat was sinking because of how low it sat in the water LOL. I take it your boat's running good, It sounded like you had your PS-2 temp mounted in your SAN is that correct.

I remeber you saying your Old play staion had some problems playing certan game's does your new PS-2 has the same problem's
Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-28-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
Hey "ccraftskierfan," you hit the nail on the head as I was thinking the exact same thing while I was reading this thread. I couldn't imagine going out on my boat having spent all the $ i've already spent, and then play video games on the lake. sounds fun for about 2 minutes. But to each his own I guess. Have fun.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       03-28-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
I think it would be cool for when youre not with a really "party up" crowd when camping or on a houseboat- at night when youre not wakeboarding and nothing much to do.
Old     (smewth001)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-28-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
I have a ps2 in my boat used for the dvd player. Can't really tell you how well it works since I haven't had out in the water yet. Like most of you I didn't think we needed a tv let alone video games in the boat, but the wife wanted it for the kids.

Old     (nautiquelover)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-29-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
Dude that is sooo sick. Good luck with keeping it dry when you are putting boards away.

(Message edited by nautiquelover on March 29, 2005)
Old    whitechocolate            03-29-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
Yea that's pretty sick. I would like to see some more photos of the MC. Looks like someone did some real nice work on that boat. The screen of the LCD's are some what waterproof so getting it wet is not going to be a problem, its where you have buttons or speaker hole's that water can get in and give you trouble. It looks like they made a custom mount for the screen and getting it wet should not be that big of a deal, I mean if your boat dosent sit outside in the rain how much water realy gets there under normal use?

Evan: Lets drop a big screen in your SAN
Old     (smewth001)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-29-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
The boat is going to be stored in a garage so it will only have a chance to wet when on the lake. There is a custom cushion that pressure fits over the screen when not in use, so hopefuly that will help it stay dry.
Grant if you look under the thread 1st boat with jl audio marine I posted a couple picks of the stereo.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-29-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   
Alright, this is getting me stoked about getting my outdoor sunlight readable LCD manufactured. I have been real busy with work, so I haven't had a chance to finish my thermal analysis. All this talk about LCD's on both boards have gotten me really interested in finishing it up. I will start a new thread as soon as I get finished with my solid models so that I can show you guys something. That install in the MC looks great...although the Polaroid one on the tower looks a little out of place and overkill, no offense.

BTW, grant and I had a dialogue going in his 209 post if yall don't know what I am talking about.

To all: what size screens do yall want. I can do anything from a 10.4", 15", up to a 20" monster.

Peace

(Message edited by bmh2208 on March 29, 2005)
Old     (sacdeep)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-30-2005, 2:17 AM Reply   
Grant talk to Lee about his buddies LCD Srceen set up to mount on tower and is sunlight readable. 17 inch screen I believe
Old    wakefunx2            03-30-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
Hey Smooth, whats the link to those pictures?
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-30-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
Here is a boat we did a few weeks ago...DVD player only though, no PS2...

McFly

Old     (smewth001)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-30-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
here is the link to the other pics of my boat.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/211738.html
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-30-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
McFly,
Have yall had a chance to put it on the water yet. Wondering how well it handles all the vibration and chop. Also, are you running it via straight 12V or do you have an inverter?