Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-14-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
I am looking for a small MP3 player that is easy to use. I will use it primarily for the gym but still want one that I will be able to plug into the boat stereo(whenever I buy a new one). I'm not the greatest with computers so I want one that is easy to use. It doesnt have to be one of these huge jukeboxes, just as long as it has over about 3hrs of music. Any input is appreciated.
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-14-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
And if it matters I have a 2.4gig Compaq with Windows XP
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-14-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
Check out the mini i-pod (it's the one on the right>>>) http://www.apple.com/ipodmini/

Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
Take a look at the new Soniqcast Aireo http://www.soniqcast.com/simple.html
This is a super simple mp3 player with 1,5GB harddrive, WiFi (and fixed USB) and a radio transmitter!!! So you don't have to connect this player to your radio, it transmit's the output on a FM channel....
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-20-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
Being that you are going to use it for the gym, size will matter. I got an RCA LYRA and love it. Has 128 meg built in and a slot for a media card for expanded memory. Easy to use, and very very small. weighs nothing. Also the price is much less then other brands.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-20-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
apple sucks
the movie says it all.
http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-20-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
oh man that's awesome.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-20-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
If you read this http://ipodsdirtysecret.com/message.html It says he then spent $400 on a new i-pod. Why in the heck would he go and buy ANOTHER i-pod when he was completly unsatisfied with the first one? I just don't understand that. If your so ticked about a product that you would go and make a movie about it. Why support that product more by buying another?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-21-2004, 6:12 AM Reply   
Just proves that he is an idiot I guess.
I thought the fact that he bought a Apple product was enough, but you managed to confirm it.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-21-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
Don't get an I river if your looking for something user friendly. My brother got one for x mas and it took me over 30 mins to switch from mp3 to tuner mode as well as over an hour to program some stations.... really disappointed. I like Creative's Nomad (MuVu) very simple
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-21-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
Go to www.cnet.com and look at what people have to say about all the mp3 players out there. Real users, real reviews from people who have purchased the products. Also, look up the ones you are interested in on amazon.com. They also have reviews done by people who have purchased the item and have had actual experience with them. In my opinion, these 2 websites should always be used when buying electronic equipment. Their reviews have saved me countless amounts of wasted time and money when I have purchased anything electronic.
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-23-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the CNET advice. I went on there and looked around. Sorry for the stupid question but one of the players says you need a 2.0 USB port... I have a USB port on the front of my computer but how do I know what it is?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-23-2004, 7:22 PM Reply   
If you have a fairly new computer (< 1 year) you will most likely have USB 2

Here's how you can check what version you currently have:
http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-24-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
Actually, the new Nomad MuVu has a Hitachi 4gb microdrive in it. If you have a digital camera that will support it, you can remove the drive from the MP3 player and use it in your camera (after formatting it). Certain CF and microdrives will work as replacements for the 4gb microdrive in the MP3 player. So, if you have a card that would work in the MuVu, you can get a $300+ microdrive for your camera for $200 (shipped - Amazon.com) as well as a new MP3 player.

Thinking about buying one myself, but haven't committed yet.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-24-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
Actually, make that MuVo not MuVu
Old                02-17-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
The Rio Chiba is very small and can hold a decent amount of songs. Although u never said how many songs you would like it to hold so.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-17-2004, 9:49 PM Reply   
I just read that Apple already has orders for 100,000 iPod mini's. They are really dominating the market when you look at the total number of iPods sold, well at least the high-end $200+ market.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-17-2004, 11:45 PM Reply   
(4 gig) ipod mini - $249
(15 gig) ipod - $299

All I have to say is that there are a lot of stupid people in the world...

The ONLY reason that this thing is selling is because it's an Apple...not because it works any better because it doesn't. Props to the Apple guys for making yet another electronic device look "cute," because they will be making millions off this one...
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-18-2004, 5:15 AM Reply   
A lot of people are buying the mini iPod for it's size and don't need more than a thousand songs. I know because my youngest daughter is one of the "stupid" people that bought one!

It was great to see all the Mac ads from the 70's and 80's being re-run because of the 20th anniversary, especially the one with Bill Gates talking about the Mac being the computer he liked to use!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-18-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
I also wanted to mention Scott that I sold her 5 gb iPod on Ebay for $195.00 when I started hearing the rumors and right before they announced the new ones. This was an over 2 year old unit with a marginal battery that I bought used for her originally on ebay for $260.00. So her original iPod cost her $65.00. I don't expect this new one will be any different when it get's sold eventually! You're right, props to Apple!