Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old    swass            10-10-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   
I don't use/need my pitots now that I have PerfectPass. One of the tubes started leaking where it connects under the dash. Can I disconnect the one that's leaking and just plug the end of the tube with something? I don't see why not, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks.
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-10-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
Bend it back together and put a wire tie on it.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            10-10-2003, 8:42 AM Reply   
Seriourly stick a golf tee into the end of the tube and use a zip tie to secure it. This will plug it up perfectly.
Old    swass            10-10-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
I was thinking super glue, but I like your idea better. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-10-2003, 8:50 AM Reply   
when they seal off irrigation drip line which is the same they fold it and put a zip tie on it.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            10-10-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
When I installed my perfect pass thats what my buddy told me to use to plug that hose and it hasn't leaked yet. Plus by using the golf tee if you ever remove the perfect pass and sell the boat you can replace it with a standard speedo and still use the hose!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-10-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
Swass, Golf tee is what I used and it actualy says to use a tee in the perfect pass instruction manual. I have a few million of them if you need one. see you this weekend
Old    swass            10-10-2003, 9:31 AM Reply   
I don't know...I saw the weather: I think you'll be droppin' me like a bad habit.

Instruction manual? You read those things?
Old    leggester            10-10-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
I thought Standley was closed? Where you headed Andy?

Swass the wimp? The Lady? Girlie boy? 8)
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-10-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
We may be going out to CC on saturday, if the weather hold, but is supposed to be colder. Swass, We will still do your install even if the weather is nice. Will be fun.
Old    leggester            10-10-2003, 2:42 PM Reply   
Ah! We're shooting for Sunday at Chatfield. Supposed to be warmer.

Have fun!
Old    sprucie            10-12-2003, 11:03 PM Reply   
Swass I pulled the pitot off the back and removed the all the tubing. I had a fiberglass guy fill the screw holes and the hole in the transom where the tube exited the hull. Then he sprayed new gelcoat. Made for a nice clean removal and four less holes in the hull near/below the waterline.

Might be a bit extreme but I guess I'm just anal about some things.......?
Old     (mississippireb)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-13-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
What is a pitot, I noticed a switch on the dash of my new boat that has that word on it, and I don't have a clue what it means.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-13-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
Those are the speedo pick up tubes at the back of the boat.
Old    wes_the_gimp            10-13-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
The speedo on our boat lags behind a few seconds on throttle up (dual pitot tubes), is this normal?

Does the paddle wheel driven speedo on the PPass do that too?

thanx
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2003, 8:11 PM Reply   
Yes mine too, don't know, no!
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-13-2003, 8:53 PM Reply   
Should be a common problem. The tubes need to build up with pressure.

The paddle wheel would help in that matter.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old    sprucie            10-14-2003, 1:19 PM Reply   
Wes the paddle wheel is instant but I would only consider putting one in if you are installing perfectpass.

New MCs use only a paddle wheel with no pitots then PP can plug and play if you will into their speed system.
Old    wes_the_gimp            10-15-2003, 5:35 PM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-31-2003, 7:03 PM Reply   
Bruce,
I am so happy to get rid of my Pitots that I replaced the speedo with the PP gauge. If I'm not towing, I really don't care how fast I'm going anyway! If you are not using them, plug the hoses near where they enter the boat. I had a leak last spring that was caused by a cracked expansion tube. It took a long time to find, it was a small but persistent leak
Old    sprucie            11-04-2003, 5:11 PM Reply   
Psyclone I thought my leak in the rear was from the very same thing but after glassing the holes the leak continues. I will have to wait until next year to trace it too cold now.

Paddle wheels are a the difference between guessing and knowing.

Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-05-2003, 11:47 PM Reply   
They are the FUTURE!
Or a 100$ GPS from Wally World