Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Hydrodynetahoe            07-07-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
so you guys i'm looking into buying a 2001 mastercraft x10 but there are a few things i would like to know like how does it ride in rough water. whats the wake like. plus is there any thing i should look for that could be bad.
Old    Hydrodynetahoe            07-07-2012, 4:16 PM Reply   
did i mention im only getting it for 13,475
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-07-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
given the price, go for it. sold my 2001 x10 last summer. my experience is the boat isn't great in rough water, it really tosses anyone in the bow up and down banging elbows, etc. really had to slow down the boat at big lakes. as for the wake, it was average. i added 400lb sacs in the rear lockers, a 750lb bow sac, while keeping all the factory ballast. had to change the prop to get on plane. bottom line, the hull was made for skiing. not trying to bash your new boat, but wanted to be honest. hopefully you find the right setup to produce a great wake. fyi - sold mine with 500 hours in the high $20;s, so you are getting a great price.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-07-2012, 5:05 PM Reply   
Sold my '99 this Mar for low 20s. Sounds like a fair deal to me. It was my first inboard boat and I enjoyed it. I never thought it road bad in rough water, maybe what I consider rough is different than anothers? I had no factory ballast. I plumbed in 2000# plus 300# of lead in the bow. Wake was average.
Old    Hydrodynetahoe            07-07-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
its gonna be used on tahoe
Old    Hydrodynetahoe            07-07-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
plus its gonna be used on lake berryessa
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-07-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
Almost too good to be true for the price, that boat would sell for $20K + here. Anything wrong with it?
Old    Hydrodynetahoe            07-07-2012, 5:42 PM Reply   
its missing cushions, tower speakers, tower racks, and stero reciever. the boat is a bank repo.
Old    Hydrodynetahoe            07-07-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
is the rough water ride gonna be better then a 1996 hydrodyne grandsport
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-07-2012, 7:36 PM Reply   
no experience with the hydrodyne. though i've never been to tahoe or berryessa, i'd consider those "big boat" lakes. we took our x10 many times to dale hollow (TN), lake cumberland (KY/TN), & lake monroe (IN). it was tough when you hit the main bodies of the lake. the wife/kids loved to sit in the bow and i'd have them move into the main cabin. the boat seemed "ride up" other wakes/waves/rollers and would slam down. again, just offering experience, not trying to slam the boat in any way. we loved our time with the x10. tons of trouble free hours. only other warning i'd offer is to protect the cushions, mainly the engine cover and the three rear seat cushions. where everyone steps to get in/out of the boat. the cushions broke down at the seems quickly.

Last edited by dhill; 07-07-2012 at 7:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-08-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
There is no such thing as a watersports specific boat that rides well in rough water. If you want a boat that does well in rough water, get a pontoon boat or a 28 ft. I/O
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-15-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
Gayper !!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-15-2012, 4:35 PM Reply   
Okay what is that "gayper" crap?
Old    Hydrodynetahoe            07-15-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
we decided not buy it because it would be to much work