Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-29-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
I just saw it in my new wakeboarding mag and want to know if somebody tried one of these! I saw some pics on the website... not pretty sure of the wake! Who knows? Maybe with some extra sacs... Tell me what you know. It could be good for the sport. Sheap boat...
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-29-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/724238.html?1250088346
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-29-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
thanks!
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-29-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
I kinda like it
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-29-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
For this price, I'll take an older 210 like 2002! It seems ok but I know what I buy when I take a SAN!
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-29-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
The wake is similar to that of a SAN and the hull is identical to the 2001 SN. People on this forum have been whining for years that nobody makes a new affordable wakeboat. Malibu and Mastercraft both done a budget boat but in the end it came out to be another 40k boat. The Standard boat is meant to be for the rider that wants a good no frills boat at a good price, and if you are looking for a brand new boat out there at this price and with a jam up wake then you are not going to find it.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-29-2009, 11:46 PM Reply   
It's all about how you see it! It's a real good thing that somebody offert cheaper boat... it gives you a choice of a new boat for the price of an older one but, if I got 30k to put on a boat, I'll put it on something I know. It could change if I try one.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-01-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
We actually got an opportunity to ride in and drive one this past weekend. Phil from Standard was kind enough to bring one out to Rusty's lake and we used it for a chase boat while we took pics of Rusty, Kyle Rattray and Barrett Perlman.

The thing is an absolute blast. I hope it's not insulting to Phil when I say it's like a toy or a jet ski. The thing is so light and quick that we spent a ton of time just driving around like maniacs!

In fact, Rusty was sitting in the back while Kaesen was driving and he was getting whipped around pretty hard every time Kaesen would dive into a turn. So Rusty had an idea. He told Kaesen to do it again while he pulled off his shirt. Even though he was still wearing walk shorts, he got poised for a leap on the back seat and as soon as Kaesen whipped the boat around, Rusty took a leap and got jacked!! It was pretty funny to watch how far he flew. We spent the next 20 minutes taking turns with him and Kaesen seeing who could fly further off the back. It was pretty entertaining stuff!

Anyway, back to the boat. I think Phil is really onto something with these boats. Super light, super cheap, nice, clean interior and way more power than you need. We didn't have it sacked out, so I can't give you much feedback on the full wake, but someone did go for a ride and even with the unweighted wake they were throwing down some spins and inverts.

Arun Frances gets credit for the pic...
Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-01-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
Or we could just caption the pic: "What? This isn't a MasterCraft?"
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-01-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
wait so you guys were sitting there powerturning for no reason on a lake?? HAAHAHAHA
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-01-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
I wouldn't exactly call them super cheap. I heard they will price out around $30,000.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-01-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Compared to $90,000 for some of the top boats these days, I'd call that super cheap.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-01-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Isaac, Rusty's lake is pretty small and we were the only ones on it...I swear!!
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-01-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure it's could vreat a real good wake with some extra fat sac...
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       09-01-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
It definitely could; everybody knows that 2001's throw very good wakes with some ballast. Since this is the same hull...
Besides what David already mentioned, it's also very economical on gas. Not unimportant, and will probably only get more and more important over the next few years. And it's light, so you won't need a huge truck to carry it around.
There's some rumours about a V-drive version, can't wait to see that.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-01-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
V drive diesel no less.

Still in development.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/724238.html?1251587293

(Message edited by jtnz on September 01, 2009)