Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-21-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
I'm headed down there in less than a month and was wondering what the riding is like. I'd like to try some kite boarding too. Anyone down there?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-21-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
I was down there yesterday diving, and somewhere along the overseas highway my GF said she saw a wakeboarding place....

all of the open water we saw from the car and boat, that looked deep enough (where boats were) looked choppy, I suppose based on wind direction the leeward side of different islands would be smooth, if the depth is there than you are set.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-21-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
I was there last month, didn't see any wakeboarding. Did, however, go to a cool bar called The Island Fish Co - it's on the west side of the road. We saw manatees in the dock just there - not something that we see many of where we live (Phoenix)!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-22-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
If you would have went to the northwest side of the parking lot, you would have found Morada Bay - very chill restaurant / surf bar. Gotta love a place with every board you can think of hanging from the ceiling!
Tim - that store is in Islamorada as well. I believe its called Seven Kiteboarding, they have surf flags out front advertising kiteboarding and wakeboarding.
Steve - winds generally start to die down during the summer in the Keys, but that has not been the case yet. You may get a chance to kite. They held the Tige Pan Am in Marathon a few years back - a lot of fun. Plenty of places to ride if you have a boat, but riders in the Keys dont frequent this site much.
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-22-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
Thx guys.

Ted,
Does Seven or anyone else rent kites or offer lessons?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-22-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
Yep, Seven is a full scale shop with equipment rentals and lessons.