Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
Who has got one? What shape, Mauufac, and where is a nice place to get one??
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-04-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
I think the best shape are the rectangular ones. And dont forget to get the safety net. dont know about manufacturers or places to buy
Old    alanp            06-04-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
i got a squar one just the other day. i was bouncing around on it today and wouldve fallen off 3 times if i didnt have the net. i had a circular one previously with no net and fell off twice. this one came from sams club i think
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-04-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
The rectangular ones are best. Pay a bit extra when you get one. I bought one for about $250 for Nicola and every single kid on the street uses on it except her. Sucks, has no spring, blah blah.........
Old    alanp            06-04-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
chris hom much tramp training does she do? today as i was getting the crap knocked out of me on my tramp i was wondering how much tramps are used by upper level riders.

(Message edited by alanp on June 04, 2008)
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-04-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
Zero, She used to go to Ryan Jones, who I think is really great but she doesn't do any now. Nicola does not work nearly as hard as she should. On the water and off. I tell her that to her face as well.I cannot afford it but even if I could I would be very reluctant to spend $1000 on a tramp because I do not think it will get used much after the 1st week.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-04-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
My son has used a tramp extensivelly over the past 7 years of wakeboarding. We had had a trampoline (actually 4 cheap ones)for about 13 years. I think it has helped tremendously with air awareness, handle pass training, and off-season conditioning. The frame on our current one just broke and Phil said not to replace it. I thin he will want one by fall or winter. I can't see spending over $1000 on a good one to set outside in the elements.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
my tramp in 2 years has recently gone to crap.. a few springs have ripped threw the material.. i had thought about spraying it with 303 protectant but never got around to it... i will on the next one for sure.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-04-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
I think they are great and I know lots of kids that use them, both here and in the UK. I do not know if Nicola would use a really expensive one with great bounce etc but if I was really sure she would I would probably make more of an effort to get one. I do think they help with air awareness and handle passing etc.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-04-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
I personally benifit from it, because It gets me to try new things and see what the landing is like. it may be the main reason I landed my first 3. anyday I can't get on the water and I have that itch I will go lay down a few sevens and back fives. mine started out with about 100 springs, now theres about 2.

Edit: oh, forgot. I have fallen off about 12 times [I was counting for a while...] which reminds me, don't put it too close to a large object such as a foot away from a house because drywall hurts. The worst ones are when my feet go under the tarp part, in between the mat and the springs, which happens a lot! I wasn't even doing a trick this one time, I went to step off the edge, my foot went under the tarp part, in between the mat and the springs, and I fell forward off the edge with my foot caught in the trampoline. Good Times, Good Times.

(Message edited by hawk7 on June 04, 2008)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-04-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
i have always used circle ones, except for the olympic ones which were rectangle, but never used a net. i jumped on someone's tramp with a net one time and it was horrible. take your time and learn to jump properly and you wont need a net. i have jumped on a tramp for 15 years and never fallen off once
Old    murrayair            06-04-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
Ditto what Jason said about learning to jump properly. I don't have a net either and have never fallen off once.
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-05-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
Also agree with Jason. Practice is the best part of a trampoline. My brother and I have been jumping continuously for 10+ years and I would have to say our body awareness as well as our "gymnastic" type abilities are well above normal. We've also modded two snowboards and put bindings on them to use on the trampoline. Works great by keeping your feet in the right positioning and learning new moves.
Also, if you're going to buy one, just go to garage sales or craigslist. No one ever uses them so you can usually snag them for under $50. I've witnessed three purchases in the last month for $40 locally.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-05-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
Put a ad in your local paper for a WTB: Trampoline.

I did that and had 5 calls in the first day. I found one for $40. Alot of people just have them sitting around since the kids get bored with it or whatever.
They help alot, both for wakeskating and wakeboarding.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
Got this trampoline and it has withstood nearly 15 years of storms and snow with no problems. Just noticed they have a training board and it notes wakeboarding..

http://www.jumpking.com/
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-05-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
I was just told by an insurance agent that Liberty Mutual will no longer insure trampolines that are outdoors even if inside a fence marked no traspassing.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-05-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Plus there's THIS on that site!

Upload
Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-05-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
would an 8 foot tramp be a little too small for an 11 year old? my brother is thinking of buying one
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-05-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
the 12/13 fot circles are the best for your everyday tramp from my experience
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-06-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
I have a rectangle and it is great. I bleieve I got it from texas tramps. I have the black out door mat, but if you want more pop you could probably use the netted mat.