Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    tommyj16            07-01-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
I started to ride this year and bought the 04 evo 138. It was great to learn on but don't think it gets me high enough. I can travel a long ways in the air but not high. I was thinking substance but I keep seeing threads on that TDF or TFD - whatever it is.
I am 5'11" and way 190 pounds.
Old    tommyj16            07-01-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
Also- I saw a site where it had all the bands of boards and it told you the amount of pop or what have you but I don't know where I saw it. Anybody know??
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
You might want to demo a few 3-stage boards if you want a higher pop. Some of it could be technique also. I would recommend you try a bigger board for starters. 140+
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       07-01-2004, 10:51 PM Reply   
Thomas the site you are talking about is http://www.wakeside.com the TFD is a great boat (very quick) but then again its made for distance not height.
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       07-01-2004, 10:52 PM Reply   
If I were you I would check into something like the Hyperlite Premier.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-02-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
Thomas, check out the board guide at Wakeside.com. It will help to explain everything you need to know about boards. If possible, try to demo as many boards as you can from your local pro shop. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       07-02-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
The LF Evo is a GREAT board and I can assure you that there is way more wakeboarding in that board for you. I have a Evo 138 (I'm 5'11" and 175 lbs) and I too was having second thoughts about my air height and distance having to do with my current board. I was at the lake a few weeks ago with one of the guys that runs a local boardshop and we were talking about this (he uses a CWB Absolute). So he says "do you mind if I take your board for a ride?" So we go out in my boat and this guy proceeds to do trick after trick going HUGE with this board. He get in the boat and says "man, I'm gonna have to get me one of these".

That was all I needed to convince me that it was not the LV Evo that was holding me up.
Old    sbvfive            07-02-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
Randy, great post. The Evo is a good board, its not a hardcore 3 stage but with the proper technique you can co huge on a lunch tray.
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       07-02-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
Thanks Scott. I'm gonna let you try the lunch tray - my poor head is sore enough
Old    aaron14            07-02-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
if u subscribe to wakeboarding magazine check out their buyers guide. It explains alot about rocker types and gives u the rocker type how much rockers in it and price. That could help u out alot to
Old    tommyj16            07-02-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
I feel like the board is too small. I weigh 190-195.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-06-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
I used to land way in the flats but I wasn't getting great air. My problem was that coming from a slalom background my progressive edge was all wrong. After having a friend get behind the boat with me and show me what I was doing wrong I was able to start getting more pop I did loose some distance but more air was well worth it. After correcting my edge it allowed me to progress faster, then picking up some spectra and getting a tower all helped with my air and riding.