Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (rawbdiggity)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-30-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
considering this boat but the hull design is so flat in back wondering does this boat put out a good wake for wakeboarding or does it have a good wake for surfing direct drive 350 not fuel inj
cat%2C147,http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=389&ssid=1693027&rurl=nid,218,ad,169 3027,lpid,,cat,147
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Ive tried to surf a fineline skier (simalar hull shape to this boat. With weight you can get a wave going but the first problem we ran into is the freeboard (height from the water to the top of the boat) in the back is so short that with any more then 750#s your in danger of putting the rail under water. I've dipped the rail in our v drive but the sun deck in the back keeps most of the water out of the boat. DD can surf, but the maximum wave size will generaly be smaller then a v drive. Slalom performance is much better in a dd though. I have an 01 elite v and its proven to be a pretty good buget surf boat. Im not an expert on moomba hulls but a older v drive moomba might also be a good choice.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Also i have found that carb'd boats dont like to run at low rpms with a big load for a long time, also carbs dont run that well on an angle due to the fuel sitting in the float bowls.
Old     (rawbdiggity)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-30-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
thanks for the info thats what i needed to know
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-31-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
I think that’s about the same hull as my boat. It takes a fair amount of effort to make a good surf wake. However, the only wake I've ridden that's better than mine is the Avalanche.

If it's at all like mine I wouldn't call the hull flat.

Upload
Upload
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
ed the sport bow rider is not the same as the hurricane or elite v it is basicaly a 20' version of the t5. They stopped making it a couple years ago. The hull is a true flat bottom ski boat with a transom as flat as a pancake. the elite bow rider is the dd version of the boat that you have.
I guess a year and a half working for a centurion dealer will teach you something.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-01-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
Looked like it had spray pockets like mine, I'm no expert though.