Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-21-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Hey guys.... just got back from a week at O'Town, and let me tell you it was the best time ever. I got to hang out for 6 days with the coolest people ever, Brad Buskas, Jimmy Trask, Melissa and Glen. Dallas Friday stopped by a couple times to ride and chill, same with Rusty and a bunch more people. Rusty rode a set and my jaw was on the floor of the boat I'm pretty sure. I havn't seen him ride in about 3 years when he used to live in Saskatchewan and ride with our club, and I thought he was amazing back then.... wow.

I took some pics with my cheap digi cam, so you guys can see what its like. This is the main HQ.

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/4886/mainroom0yy.jpg

Second, I want to say Dallas Friday's truck is fricken PIMP, and definately deserves a picture on this thread.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1117/dfriday0fd.jpg

I just want to say that these guys know how to run a camp. I had so much fun this week, from Glen waking me up in the morning by singing and dancing, to Brad taking me out at night and everything in between. The wake behind the 210 was SICK, and completely changed my attitude towards Nautiques. They have 3 awesome sliders, from a 2 foot high flatbar perfect for learning, to a triple kink slider they call "Hillary", and a transfer A-Frame that I finally hit on the last day.

If you guys are in the area of Orlando, and/or you are looking for an amazing wakeboard camp and a great week, look up O'Town. You won't regret it.

http://www.otownwatersports.com/
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-21-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
Aden man I am so jealous i was out to O-town last year and had planned to go back this year but broke my leg in three places. Brad, Braden, Glen, Melissa,& girls were great people and i had such a good time i Didn't want to leave. The set that rusty was my instructor was really fun. He pushed me and i had a great time.Cant wait until i can go back. Yeah that 210 was sick.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
O'town Rocks..............
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-21-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
o'town kicks butt! we were there last night filming for The Chick Flick. glen, melissa and brad are very hospitable and are simply awesome! we caught a few glimpses of their training and it's top notch!
Old     (gratz)      Join Date: May 2005       05-21-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
What Aden have you gone HOLLYWOOD I thought hanging around all that Hyperlite might turn your head into mush. Nah man, O Town kills it. Your right
Old    358army            05-22-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
aden thanks for all the props..... glad you had fun, thanks for all your help with the dock and what not. hope i showed you the fun side of orlando in the evenings... steve, hurry up and heal and get your ass back here. randy, when you comin back, i got a 900 to show you... joe, you can film here anytime, shawn, i look forward to riding with you soon...

thanks for all the support guys, hope to see yall soon.....
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-22-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
O-Town is the This is comming from some one that was there for like 9 days with the valdez brothers and i learned more and brought it back to the back water and perfected it. i never thought i could do some of the stuff i do now and i thank Brad and Kyle for it of course got to shout out to glen. Piece out; Dennis
Old     (otown)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-24-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Randy, Joe, Shaun and Dennis thanks for all the kind words! Hope to see you all again soon....

Aden , super happy you enjoyed hanging with us for the week . Jeff and Russell say 'HI' and were stoked you stomped the transfer before you headed back to Canada .

Brad was building a fence out the front on Tuesday when he found O'Town's water main. 3 hours later we had a small lake in the carpark and the city's plumbing crew sitting out front learning all about wakeboarding. You all would have had a good laugh.

Anyway, hope all is well and everyone is aiming to hit the lake this weekend .

see ya soon. Glen
Old    358army            05-26-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
melissa made me build the fence man.... good times though
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-27-2006, 4:28 AM Reply   
Ah, makes us homesick, I bet Miss Sophia is running all over the place now huh?? Otown rocks!! Miss you guys, see you soon,(yea, even YOU Brad!) HUGS!
Old     (wellsrts)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-27-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
I LOVE YOU BRAD, WHOOZIES. FUPA?
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
By the way, the future 2020 women's world champion celebrated BDay number 1. Happy Birthday Sophia.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-27-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
Happy Birthday Sophia!!!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Melissa, Glen, now the fun begins as she turns into a little person, enjoy........ Brad you will have to tell me the water main story over a beer ah
Old    358army            05-28-2006, 10:56 AM Reply   
i got good aim for those mains..... hit 'er twice. dead center
Old     (coopair)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-28-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
Sophia happy birthday! O'town, thanks again for helping me ride better. It was a really great experience and I can't wait til i can come back and ride with you! thanks again!
Old     (otown)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-29-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for remembering Miss Sophia's birthday! She is at a dead run now into everything! It won't be long until she is on the water...
Cooper, glad you had a good time. Thank you for the chocolates...we all fought over them!