Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                02-20-2003, 5:29 AM Reply   
Theres has been a mad add in aus land lately. Basicaly i wont go to detail but it involves a guy jump starting on an esky lid and pulling himself up the rope and jumping on the boat.

The question is who thinks this is possible?

Were gonna try it when we go out next but im wondering how the hell do you rid an esky lid?

Our main problem is how to start if we decided to deep water start it.

Its just for a laugh but does anyone have advice for us on how to ride this thing?

(will submit pics if it works)
Old     (jamesb)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-20-2003, 2:28 PM Reply   
I know the ad. I think it is one of the Ellison brothers who is riding it, they put on a lot of the ski shows around Aus. I am pretty sure that he was riding it with straps though. Should be able to get up on the esky lid but make sure that it is really solid or the thing will bend and break as soon as you put any pressure on it.

Suggestion for getting up is put your feet in and squeaze them against the edges, get up on it like a normal wakeboard. We used to ride a skimmer disk (Big round flat piece of ply) and we would tell the boat to go then push the board under our feet and hold it with one hand as we came out of the water. I look forward to seeing the picks.
Old                02-24-2003, 5:01 PM Reply   
thats a great add!

my cousin has tried to get up on an esky lid, but its was only a small one. He didnt get up, probably because he's pretty big and there wasn't enough surface area to get him out of the water

Do you ride at Jindalee?
Old                02-26-2003, 7:39 PM Reply   
Actualy im heading there this weekend. I havent been there in 3 years! Since my mates just bought a boat im actualy able to ski on a regular basis now. Nice big blue boat. Normaly we wake just before the gateway bridge.

How often do you (or anyone reading this!) wake there?

If you go there enough you might just be able to catch me make an ass of myself while on my new ski chair im creating! Not the normal ones you know, im talken no hydro but 2 skis and arm rests.