Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
ive been looking at flex boards lately considering the fact i just got a winch,

the two boards im looking at are the Slingshot reflex 141, or the company recruit 143

i personally wanted the slingshot, but someone recommended the company to me, what do you guys recommend?

can you guys tell me any info about the board? how it rides, things like that, ive never ridden a flex board, and i wont be able to demo, any info you can give me would be awesome. thanks in advance
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-08-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
Slingshot!

You will NOT be sorry.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-08-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
company hands down.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-08-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
Company but the board isn't going to help much with 180's, backrolls, blah, blah

spend a couple bucks and hit a camp
Old     (cshell)      Join Date: May 2009       08-08-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
Company for sure. You'll love it! I like the bigger boards for sure. I ride the 43 Recruit right now but my buddy has a 42 Severance and that one is bad too. I just like the Recruit a bit more cause its a tad bigger and a little tighter and faster. But if you like a less grippy feel go with the Severance.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
im not looking to get one to help me become a better rider, i want to get a flex board to make winching more fun, im going to be getting out of school at 1:00 this year (senior) and my school and house are less then 2 miles from the SF bay, we have a great spot, so i want to winch a ton.
more people are recommending company, but im still really intrested in slingshot, nick, can you give me info on it? how it rides? how much flex? stuff like that
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-08-2009, 3:12 PM Reply   
def a slingshot...best board i have ever ridden...i ride an 09 138 recoil and its so good!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
mike, can you tell me about how it rides? im leaning toward the reflex because im going to winch with it
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-08-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
+1 Slingshot!!! I ride the reflex, it's stiff in the middle and really flexy on the ends perfect for your cable or winch!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-08-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
The 09 Recoil is theeee single most amazing board I've ever been on, including company boards.

It ride is like so: Pop is straight up like a old byerly/parks board but way smoother (lyman almost) and not a hard bucking pop .... its flex isn't like a roam but it still has quite a bit. I feel that most comes in the tip/tail which is great for popping/pressing/just playing around. Once you learn how to load it up and use it on the wake it will honestly amaze you how easy it is to boost higher than ever before.

I don't know you, but trust me.... the 09 Recoil is amazing.... get it, if you do not like it I'll eat my own face.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-08-2009, 5:42 PM Reply   
Nick, I just got my Severance and have only taken two quick sets on it, and don't know exactly what u mean by load it up vs. any other board, how exactly do you load it up?
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
I fell in love with the Company Severance the first ride. Been riding the Ibex and the severance with its 3 stage rocker offered just as much pop and much softer landings. The people with Company are awesome guys also. I've never ridden a slingshot so I can't compare the two.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2009, 5:45 PM Reply   
Sorry for the hijack but has anyone ridden the reflex on the wake? I loved both the recoil and the reflex on the cable but haven't heard much about the reflex on the wake.
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-08-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
David,

Just wanted to answer your question for you. I know you don't really care as much how the board pops off the wake because you will be using your board to winch with. I myself winch a ton with the Recruit and you would have a great time on it. It is a very durable board and if you end up taking a chunk out of the edge you can easily fix any damage. I have never ridden a slingshot board but I am sure you would also have a great time on any of the slingshot boards because they use similar core technology to a Company. The two board companies however do have their own shapes and flex patterns. Any of these 5 boards would be a great winching option for you.

Jaret
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
i appreciate everyones advice. all of your input is very much appreciated. i think im going to go with a sling shot though, and i dont have the money for one now, but if and when i get some money together, id really like to get the relex, and nick, if i dont like, ill hold you to your word. ha
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
I would like to the know the answer to the question that tom asked as well, i plan to use it mainly for winch, but if its a good wake board, i have no problem using it for that
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-08-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
I have ridden a Reflex on the wake a bit. i usually ride a Recoild but demo'd the reflex when buying up to an '09. The Relex was real poppy but you had to be spot on your edge. It wasn't a very forgiving board and amplified any edging mistakes. Very slippery when neutrel which made it fun in the flats. All in all went with the Recoil and sanded the edges just a hair(same as my 07). The Reflex would make a great rail board but personally would want it as my only. Same general opinion from everyone else in the boat and we all ride Recoils......
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
Ok that's what I thought I'll probably go with a recoil in that case
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
thanks tracktor, thats what i thought, my main reason for wanting the reflex is for jibbing and rails, so it will be perfect for that, just like their site says, for winching and cable.