Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2011, 6:33 AM Reply   
Who's headed to the 10,000 Lakes Wakesurf Open this coming weekend on Long Lake in the town of Long Lake, Minnesota?

Looking like it's gonna be a great event. Lots of pro riders and cash prizes. There's a meet and greet this Thursday at Marine Max-Wayzata and the event is Friday and Saturday from about 8am to 3pm or so.

I'll be there on Saturday, under the red tent, peddling stuff for my business, WakeSkiShop. Stop by and say hi. I'll have Several boards from Triple X and Inland Surfer, and other wakesurf stuff, that you can check out and/or purchase.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-10...360960?sk=wall
Old    mmcorrectax            08-17-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
Gonna be sick...Riding starts at 9:30 each day with rider meetings at 9. After party at Birches both days.
Old     (RayRay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-19-2011, 6:55 PM Reply   
Great first day at the 10K wakes comp, thanks everyone. Looking forward to tomorrow!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-24-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
Congrats to Grant for winning the amature division. Anybody have the full results or pics?? I know Ryan was there taking a lot of pics....
Old    mmcorrectax            08-25-2011, 11:23 AM Reply   
Winners - Keenan Pro Surf and Skim - Killed it, I can not believe a 360 shuv on a surf board is possible
Dom,Sean,James and Brian all killed it for podium spots.
- Ashley Kidd Pro Surf
- Jaqualine Fort Pro Skim
-Frankie Jost Junior
-Scott Culp Masters
Check the facebook page for pictures. Shout out to Ryan Taylor for the first couple pictures on the site.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2011, 1:33 PM Reply   
Oh man, 360 shuv, I would love to see that, did you guys get any video? I almost think a 180 shuv may be tougher. Easier to spin the board but harder to ride it out. Smart going for the full 360, sounds pretty amazing.

Does worlds allow being entered in both?
Old     (RayRay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-25-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
Men Am Skim - Andy Weigman
Men Am Surf - Myself

You can only ride in one division at worlds. I want to see video of that surf shuv myself. Great contest by the way, thanks to Casey, Chris Bank, Nine Lives, and everyone else that was involved. It was a great event and cant wait till next year.

Last edited by RayRay; 08-25-2011 at 8:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-26-2011, 6:18 AM Reply   
If the stars align just enough to get a boat again for next year, I'll be in. So, Grant, better paractice up. I'm comin' to take you down
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-26-2011, 12:06 PM Reply   
Have the complete results been published?
Old    mmcorrectax            08-26-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
Stil trying to get everything back together after a great, but very long weekend. Will post them on the facebook soon.
Old     (RayRay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-27-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneman View Post
If the stars align just enough to get a boat again for next year, I'll be in. So, Grant, better paractice up. I'm comin' to take you down
Bring it
Old     (RayRay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-02-2011, 8:10 PM Reply   
FINAL RESULTS FOR THE 2011 10K LAKES WAKE SURF OPEN

Open Men Skim
1 -Keenan Flegel
2 – Dominic Lagace
3 – Sean Cummings

Open Women Skim
1 – Jaqueline Fort
2 – Stacia Bank
3 – Meredith Kurysh

Open Women Surf