Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-14-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
I'm looking for a good reverse camber board. First time getting one of these, looking for a 156-158, wear size 11 boots. Wanting to spend between $200-$400. I've been looking at Gnu, Lib Tech and some Burtons. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks
Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-15-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
I have a Skate Banana and I LOVE it. Gnu makes killer RC boards too. I suggest steering away from Burton... they still have good boards, but they're making it where you can ONLY use Burton bindings with their boards now. I don't dig that.

Have you ridden one before? If not, you may want to demo one. Some people love RC, some people hate it.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-15-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
See if you can demo. I demo'd a few after suggestions and am glad I did. Ended up with the Gnu Altered Genetics. Pricey but it was well worth the money. Board is amazing.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-16-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
what type of riding?? Rome pretty much offers the whole line in regular & reverse camber.....
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-17-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
Not in a place where I can demo any. I like to ride all over when I go. I just got a really good deal that I couldn't pass up on a year old model of GNU's Danny Kass board for $180. Thanks for the feedback though
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-31-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
About steering away from Burton because of only being able to use only Burton bindings, that's not entirely true.. Yes, they use 3-hole and ICS Channel compared to 4hole like everyone else, but I use Flow bindings right now on my ICS board and on my previous 3-hole. Even still, just get Burton Cartel's. Thats your binding answer
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       08-31-2010, 1:15 PM Reply   
Ride DH2 155. The effective edge of reverse camber allows you to ride a slightly shorter board and have the same effects as a longer board. I have 45 days on my DH2 and love it.

Burton is made in China.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-14-2010, 3:09 AM Reply   
I ride a Never Summer Evo-R and I love it. I can ride this thing anywhere from park to waist deep tree runs. Plus Never Summers are built like tanks, my old evo has 200+ days and one of my buddies now rides it and loves it. They are also very fast boards on longer cat tracks I'll pass every boarder that comes into sight and most skiers. American built by an independant company.

So while the OP has a board now to anyone else thinking of an RC board take a look at Never Summer.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-14-2010, 4:53 AM Reply   
Any of the Capita Boards. The Horrorscope, Indoor Survival etc.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-16-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverlove View Post
I have a Skate Banana and I LOVE it. Gnu makes killer RC boards too. I suggest steering away from Burton... they still have good boards, but they're making it where you can ONLY use Burton bindings with their boards now. I don't dig that.

Have you ridden one before? If not, you may want to demo one. Some people love RC, some people hate it.
While Burton did introduce the ICS system you do not have to use burton bindings on it anymore. I know that Flow and Union have an adapter disc and I am 95% sure Rome has one.

to the Op yoru best bet in teh $200-400 range is to probably find something left over from last year. RC boards I have ridden and really like.... Burton Hero, Custom V rocker and flying V. Lib Tech Skate Banana and TRS. Sierra Reverse Crew and Stunt. Capita has fk which is 0 camber then reverse camber and I like their horrorscope.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       10-29-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
I ride a Never Summer Evo-R and I love it. I can ride this thing anywhere from park to waist deep tree runs. Plus Never Summers are built like tanks, my old evo has 200+ days and one of my buddies now rides it and loves it. They are also very fast boards on longer cat tracks I'll pass every boarder that comes into sight and most skiers. American built by an independant company.

So while the OP has a board now to anyone else thinking of an RC board take a look at Never Summer.
This man knows what's up. I'm on my second evo right now....best all around snowboard there is. It has the rocker camber tech on it which combines the best of both worlds. You got the reverse camber between your feet so the deck is very playful and press friendly, but at the same time has reg camber in the nose and tail so unlike a lot of reverse camber decks you don't lose any pop and still have the RC fun-ness. Not to mention the 3 year warranty and the dudes up there are awesome. I broke one after having it for about 2 years and 10 months and 2 weeks later had a brand new next years model at my door step.

Check Never Summer out, you will not be disappointed.
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       10-31-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
Check out sierra snowbaords they have their own line up of boards that are all co labs. They did one with Burton its called the crew. Or the reverse crew which is the reverse camber. Good boards fraction of the cost. They are the same board as the Burton custom and custom v just without the channel
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfrider139 View Post
This man knows what's up. I'm on my second evo right now....best all around snowboard there is. It has the rocker camber tech on it which combines the best of both worlds. You got the reverse camber between your feet so the deck is very playful and press friendly, but at the same time has reg camber in the nose and tail so unlike a lot of reverse camber decks you don't lose any pop and still have the RC fun-ness. Not to mention the 3 year warranty and the dudes up there are awesome. I broke one after having it for about 2 years and 10 months and 2 weeks later had a brand new next years model at my door step.

Check Never Summer out, you will not be disappointed.
I have been looking at NS for a while now, just couldn't pull the trigger. The boards seem so specific in their designed for terrain, why did you guys choose the EVO? I Freeride as much as Park it, so the SL seems to fit me better (marketed towards my style). Thanks!
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       11-04-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
I have been looking at NS for a while now, just couldn't pull the trigger. The boards seem so specific in their designed for terrain, why did you guys choose the EVO? I Freeride as much as Park it, so the SL seems to fit me better (marketed towards my style). Thanks!
I have an older SL, it's a great deck and I'm sure the newer RC ones are a more enjoyable ride. I got the EVO in a 155 and is my everyday board. I ride it everywhere, park, groomers, trees, steeps...and it does well everywhere. It's pretty soft and really fun to jib with, but having the camber in the nose and tail keeps the deck stable at high speeds for jumps and cruising. The rocker helps keep the nose up in pow and makes pressing a breeze. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       11-04-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
I picked up a Custom V and I hear that the RC is really weird at first. Does any one have any tips so I dont fall on my arse? Whats it like?
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-05-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
I just picked up a GNU off Craigslist yesterday, banana and manga traction. Can not wait till some snow hits. I demo'd a few boards last season and loved the way reverse camber rides. The manga traction took a few runs to get used to.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-15-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
I love my arbor draft, the rocker with the grip tech makes it really fun.
Check out arbors line up, they have some really rice RC boards for 2011.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2010, 10:47 PM Reply   
Got up on Friday, loved the reverse camber. Feels very much like a 3 stage rocker wakeboard. I will say the board felt smaller at speed, does not feel like it gets the whole edge down. No chatter at speed and tracked great, just feels short.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-10-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
^^^ What size Gnu did you pick up?
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder86 View Post
^^^ What size Gnu did you pick up?
Pretty sure it's a 162