Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (stroker)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2010, 1:17 PM Reply   
Man, what a broken record this topic must be. The evolution of the sport is hard to keep up with. Long story short, I am an old skater from the 80s. This is my second season on a wakeskate. I have an old HL Scape, a 2010 LF Anthem and I need something that will get the job done better. I am not looking at w2w so much as I am lip tricks, flips and shoves etc. I am looking at the Ronix Zariel right now, but 14lbs?! I have never ridden a bi-level board before, but I am so comfortable on a skateboard, it seems kinda logical. The Anthem just isnt getting it done for me. Too much drag and no pop. You guys got any suggestions?

Also, is this the most active WS forum out there? Seems kinda dead.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
wakeskating.com is a really active forum.

integrity and remote make the best wakeskates available right now. most people will recommend you look away from bilevels.
Old     (stroker)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
cool. thanks for the heads up. i can totally see the bi-level boards going bust as a gimick or something. like a bad haircut that seemed like a good idea at the time.
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-18-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
Mitch is referring to most people don't like the way most bi-levels make your riding look. Some people love them most of them don't its a totally different feel then a single level...
Old     (stroker)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-19-2010, 10:53 AM Reply   
bi-level seems like something my feet would feel comfortable on, but pretty cumbersome. what are you guys riding?
Old     (stroker)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-19-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
...i just get tired of buying boards to find out if i like them or not. demos are not openly available in my hood. i have 6 boards now and I ride 2 of them. 3 wakeboards, 2 skates and a surf.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
Carson and I both ride 2010 Integrity Nick Taylor Pro Model 38.65"s
Old     (stroker)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-19-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
how big are you guys? i am 6ft 180lbs...now, but hit 190 if i start hitting the beers too much.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
Im 150. With wakeskates weight and height does not matter that much. Most guys looking for high end boards wont look at anything over 40" now a days
Old     (stroker)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
ya, that is kind of what I am figuring out...thanks for your help.

I am starting to think that the more radical the design, the more off-base it is. people like to reinvent the wheel. If I can find a triple rocker with pop and workable edge, that is probably what I will go for.
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-20-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
Its all feel... more responsive and keeping things on point you will probably want an Integrity, they come in four sizes so you can pick from those. If you want something more forgiving but you have to huck tricks there not as consistent but still great boards go for a nice wood concave Remotes are so hot right now ans are supposed to be really durable.

STAY AWAY FROM BOARDS MADE BY WAKEBOARD COMPANIES. They delaminate and break much faster then an all wakeskate company.
Old     (stroker)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2010, 9:37 PM Reply   
Ya, i have heard not to buy from WB companies. I just want light, pop and response. i am looking hard at Integ. No "dealers" in Dallas AFAIK.

I mean, I skate, but I ride with some really good sakteboarders that could really get this stuff going on and help me out. So i need something really "skate friendly" since that is what we are used to riding.

Again, thanks for the info. I know I sound like every other n00b, but this is what I bought my boat for.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
you wont want a light skate. You will want something at least 9lbs. Integrity has only 2 dealers I think. Ruckus board shop in Louisiana and The Liqud Playground in San Jose, CA. You can order from those shops or on www.integrity-wake.com
Old     (stroker)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-21-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
good tips. i guess i meant to say "light feel" . again, thanks for all your help on this, mitch.

BTW, are you a photographer? or am I making that up? I used to shoot for car mags, but gave it up when Primedia monopolized automotive journalism.
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-21-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
If you want a "light feel" then an integrity is probably the way to go for you.

You can place your order on the website Mitch provided or call Austin at the liquid playground at (408) 435-8088. I'm pretty sure Mitch isn't a photographer...Last i herd he doesn't even own a camera haha.
Old     (stroker)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-21-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
looks like i got my names crossed...

Thanks for the heads-up, Carson. I will look into it. Now I need to sell my 20" BMX for the fundage.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
i wish i was a better photographer. carson, its at Chad's house. its been there for a year now. haha.

i think the Lemons Cajon Cougar would be a really good board for you.
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-21-2010, 1:17 PM Reply   
Mitch, I knew that it's just more fun to give you a hard time about it.