Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-13-2010, 10:39 PM Reply   
I'd like some recommendations for stereo install on my boat. I'm located in the Bay Area. Would like to do the basics, sub, tower speakers, amp, second battery, etc. Thanks.
Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       06-13-2010, 10:44 PM Reply   
Might narrow down "bay area" as it is an awful big bay.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-13-2010, 10:53 PM Reply   
And I cover most of it.
Pretty much anything in a 50 mile radius of San Jose would be fine. Go out to Disco Bay pretty regularly as well.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
Whats up Peter? When did you sell the family boat you had and picked up a wakeboard boat? nice boat! Join us at the bump event this weekend up at lake Tulloch! I highly recommend Chucktronics in Lodi for your stereo work. Just got my boat back from them and they do incredible work! You still have the vette?
Harold.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-13-2010, 11:16 PM Reply   
Liquid Trends in San Jose is the way to go.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-13-2010, 11:21 PM Reply   
Been a long time Harold. We've had the boat for a few years now. We're leaving for Cabo this weekend otherwise we'd come up. I'll check out Chucktronics. Sold the corvette a while ago. Have a 87 GN but that sits most of the time too. Just cruise the family car most of the time.

Thanks Ryan, I've heard of those guys and couldn't remember the name
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2010, 11:35 PM Reply   
Sold the vette eh? I hear you bro. I sold my cobra a while back as well. On to different things I guess.
Cabo? Sounds like a great time!
What components are you thinking about for the stereo?
You know, boat stereos are like horsepower in your car, once you get a taste of a little bit, your going to want more!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-14-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
I had a complete system installed at Chucktronics. They are the best hands down.Call Ryan he will take care of you for sure.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-14-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
give johnny neves, at liquid trends a call. he is on the forums here, if you would like i can pm you his number. he does great work and will stand behind his installs.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-14-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
Look no further than Jim and Bill at Topside marine. If you dont trust me go there for yourself and ask all the questions to satisfy your specific wants. I guarantee you will not find a shop that truly listens to what you want and can afford and put it all into a quality install. He installs and carries everything under the sun as far as stereo systems. As for custom he did my install and made it a one of a kind install. He even goes out of his way to insure the system will last by using only stainless steele screws on everything to avoid rust. If I can find pics of my stereo install I will post them again. Best of all he is in the bay area and more specific located in San Jose. Call him and tell him Nathan sent you. 408-271-2628
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-14-2010, 7:45 PM Reply   
+ another for Johnny at Liquid Trends!
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-14-2010, 9:09 PM Reply   
+1 for Topside...Bill and Jim know their stuff.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2010, 10:58 PM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check them out in a few weeks when I get back in town.

Nathan, if you find pics post up. Would love to see them.

Harold, nothing too crazy. You know I like to keep things subtle. Would like maybe a couple of amps, subs, tower and interior speakers. As is right now, it's all stock.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
Here you go. These photos show how he ordered matching fabric from Sanger and matched the custom tower setup. I realize the option he designed is not for everyone, but it shows he went outside of the box to design something unique. We told him to design something which allow us to still maintain the integrity of the bimini top so we were not bumping our heads on tower speakers. People have also said the quality of the 6x9's cannot be that loud, but when you hear it for yourself it really rocks. We will be eventually taking it back to him next year and having some tower speakers put on which face backwards and are out of the way.
Attached Images