Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-06-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
I dont need top of the line just something waterprof for the times i take it to the dealer or if i go camping for a weekend.
Old     (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
Skiboatcovers.com (810) 733-1841 ask for Mike
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-07-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
I just bought a new cover for my Supra and here are my thoughts....

You can get a stock cover from your dealer for $550 that fits well, but it is made of cotton/poly and doesn't hold up very well.

You can have a custom cover made from Rankin, Evolution, or similar that will fit great and last for years. However, they cost between $700-$800. These places typically use Sunbrella.

Lastly, you can get one from Westland through Overton's or elsewhere for about $350-$400 made out of Sharkskin. It's better than cotton/poly, but not as good as Sunbrella. This is what I just did and I'm not that happy with it. I had to send it back because the cut-outs for the tower legs didn't line up right.

I just got the replacement back and it fits better, but still not as well as my original stock cover. No matter how tight I get it I still can't get the area over the bow taught. Even with a pole holding it up I'm afraid that there will be some pooling.

So, long story short, you get what you pay for.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-07-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Skicovers.com has a lot of older boat models. nothing for current/late model boats. Try Evolution. better product and service.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-07-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
I found a half way decent one at costco for around 90 bucks.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-08-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
I found a great cover at Gander Mountain for $100