Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-29-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
We will be doing our first lake powell trip this year. We are staying at the lodge at bullfrog marina. has anyone stayed there before? any tips? Is there food? (restaurants other than the hotel one) thanks.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Yes, have stayed there....well, kind of. Stayed in the family units. I think the Anasazi is the only place to eat, we cooked....attached is a photo of dinner one night.

Get a slip....assuming you are taking a boat.

BRING EVERYTHING you plan on drinking, buying there is expensive.
Upload
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-29-2008, 11:52 PM Reply   
Abe ~~ My wife and I stayed there for our honeymoon last year! There is nothing like a full day of sun and coming home to a 60 deg room. E.J. is right you only have the one place to eat (I really liked it) or you can cook your own (bring a bbq). There is no chance of walking to the water or having the boat close to ya, drove to the water everyday. We had a lake view room and got a few pictures, here is one that shows how for the water is...
About a 1/2 of the way down...
Upload
From the porch, hell ya I'm drinking... O check it, that is Lake Powell Tat'd on may leg.
Upload
Take a lot of pictures, your going to be hooked for life!
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-30-2008, 5:46 AM Reply   
those are some sweet pics. So you really had to drive to the marina from the lodge?? that sucks oh well. we have a room and a slip reserved.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
Yes....you have to drive, but it is fairly short....maybe like 5 minutes.

Behind Josh's wife are the slips(our left, her right) and up the side(her left, our right) is parking.

We are getting a bit of water as you well know I guess..... When the Lake is full....when she is standing would be underwater... The lake will not go up that much, but we are having a very good year. 5-6 more like this and maybe....

As always, nice pics Josh....
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-30-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
I see you brought your dog. do you bring him on the boat? or do you leave him in the room?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
We stayed at the Anasazi Lodge last year. It's the only restaurant and could be a tad expensive every night. Bring groceries for breakfasts, lunch at least. There is a shuttle that takes you anytime you ask with maybe a 5 min. wait to/from the marina - no big deal. Depending on when you are going, RESERVE A SLIP in addition to the room. We didn't and almost had to go without which would have been a big problem as our car & trailer was parked on the Halls Crossing side. Otherwise, you can pull out every night if you have to.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-30-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Abe ~~ I take my dogs with me everywhere, they (2) fall asleep every time on the boat till I jump in the water. If I left them alone in a room they would destroy it trying to find me. I left them in the room when getting the pictures of my wife and he was able to open the sliding door and met us down on the rocks.