Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
Well, she did me well for a solid year of riding...took many double-up-to-crashes, and many failed tantrum attempts...Last night, second set, I got booted my first jump, and came down perfectly square on both my feet, heard a loud pop, and this was the result...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

I can't blame the board, I am just a heavy rider (190), and when you come down hard consistently, I guess this is the result. I'll be callin' CDub today to see if I can get a new board shipped before my trip next week. I am crossing my fingers that their customer service is as good as I have seen on this site!

Anyway, just thought I would share the experience...I was actually laughing when I realized I broke it, because I've never done that. Made me feel good in a sick, strange sort of way. Then I realized I couldn't ride it anymore, and I shed a tear.

Don't bring it up, I'm still sensitive about it. RIP 2006 141 Absolute...

(Message edited by garret_s on June 15, 2007)
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-15-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
Post your results with CWB customer service.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-15-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
Its a CWB, you can blame the board
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       06-15-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
"Its a CWB, you can blame the board"
Why do you say that? Did you not read the full post? He started with this!

"she did me well for a solid year of riding...took many double-up-to-crashes..."

So after a year of riding you are going to say its a CWB problem? It just happens over time!! Trust me, from a big guy who rides A LOT! Over time boards will brake. I'm not going to lie, In the 2 years I have been on a CWB, I have broke a few boards. But Im 250 lbs and do a few raley based tricks. I will also tell you I have broke boards from damn near every company (HL,FL,GB,OB) And most of them where before I did any type of Raley.(If any thing can brake a board its a 250lbs fat A** doin a raley)

I think you were one of the guys crying about ppl who put the blame on Ronix when there boards brake after 2 sets????? Now a board brakes after a year and you can blame the company??

(Message edited by bigpapaf1f on June 15, 2007)
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-15-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
I think that Kyle was either picking a fight or giving the CWB crowd a little crap.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
bg,I guess that the substance is still holding up?
Old     (matt5)      Join Date: May 2007       06-15-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
Better the board than a ligament
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-15-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
Damn, picking a fight with a 250lb big dude that kills it. Hold on, don't start yet, I'm gonna get a beer. I'll be right back. I've gotta see this.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Kyle, stop trying to start stuff, I could not be more satisfied with CWB. I just wanted to post my first breakage experience, it made me proud.

By the way, just got off the phone with CWB warranty. They are rushing me an 07' transcend.

I'm stoked.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       06-15-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
Garrett, where were you guys riding last night? We were out on Smithville and had great water. Still need to get together and ride with your crew some time.

Btw, I've done the same to an absolute and had a new one within a week. CWB cust. service is top notch.

Why the switch to the Transcend?
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-15-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Ya Cwb Is the best Company there is..If im ever having a problem with board there always there to help me fix it.. I recently had my board stolen..They gave me a 07 Platty for 200....and u said Cwb was crap, PSHHH
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       06-15-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
Garret, Congrats on the new board! The new Transcend is a great board!

I don't want to start a fight, I just want to know how some one who starts this thread,http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/456217.html?1180814938 and starts is 2nd post(the 9th one down) with "Its wakeboarding, Boards break..." can come on here and start s*** about a board that lasted a year!

Ed, its all cracked! But still together.

(Message edited by bigpapaf1f on June 15, 2007)
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Hell I don't know if I'd be mad about this..

I think I'd feel proud!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Dtb...I'm still down for shreddin. Send me a personal message with your digits, because I don't know if I still have em...we go out every day on Blue Springs lake, so whenever you want a pull, I'm down

By the way, I've heard so much about the Transcend, I had to give it a try. I was a tad dissapointed with the speed on the Absolute, and after riding an old belmont yesterday, I craved a faster board. I hope the "tranny" can do that for me.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-15-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
I'm not giving CWB fans crap. Loyalists to CWB know their boards break more frequently then most brands. It doesn't mean there boards aren't good, I happen to like some of their boards a lot. If it breaks, that is what the warranty is for. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-15-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
**Hi-Jack**

bg,
you need to start a thread on how too's for the plus size (models)riders. I would love to do move tricks but I think (might not) be different for the bigger guy to do some of the tricks.

Garret,

I have broken 3 boards (2 blindside & 1 Hyperlite) and both companies were great with the warranty. Glad to hear CWB is the same. Have fun with the new ride.
Old     (matt5)      Join Date: May 2007       06-15-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
I'm up for the plus size rider thread. 6'8" 250
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
kyle
I'd like to know the statistics that you have on board breakage for each brand. Care to share? How long does your history of stats go back? You got a year by year breakdown? You gonna bring candy like that you'll have to share with the whole class.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-15-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Well I've been riding for about 10 years now and have good friends that ride for about every major company out there and I have seen them go through boards just as I have gone through boards and heard them talk about other people breaking boards and have seen other people break plenty of boards. CWB's are known to break, it is a common fact and my buddy who rides for them goes through probably 6+ boards a season. When I rode for double up, i would break a board a month, the boards were weak. I loved the board however and till this day the Delta was my favorite board of all time, as other experienced riders on this site can attest to. You don't have to believe what I'm saying, it doesn't matter, I'm just giving you the truth. Before all of the Ronix issues and even before liquid force issues, CWB was the main topic of discussion for boards breaking.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-15-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Congrats Garret, I broke 3 lutes last year and Cdub took GREAT care of me as well.....welcome to the club.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
I must suck, I've never broken a CWB board in 4+ years of trying. What the hell is wrong with me? I even smack rails and drop em in the parking lot trying to make them weak. I must not get any pop or something. Whats an average wake to wake height for you burly board breakers?
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
"have good friends that ride for about every major company out there and I have seen them go through boards just as I have gone through boards and heard them talk about other people breaking boards and have seen other people break plenty of boards."

Unfortunately there is no way to measure what brand of board breaks more than another brand. Your statement above is called "hearsay."

Unless of course you do have statistics?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-15-2007, 4:46 PM Reply   
ive broken several boards, considering how tough they really are, it makes you feel really powerful. id love to break mine in half and not get hurt then hang the two pieces on my wall
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
"Unless of course you do have statistics?"

Dude, Jerm, he doesn't need statistics...he has a more powerful weapon...

the truth.

Just messing with everyone, but really...board breaking is really different for everyone, from what I can tell.. I think a lot depends on how you land...
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-15-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
190...the truth finally comes out
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-16-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
my binding broke off my Parks two a weeks ago. Not exactly BUSTED IN HALF, but, still broken. Hyperlite was great about it, i was riding a new 136 Premier two days after.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-16-2007, 5:46 AM Reply   
my binding broke off my Parks two a weeks ago. Not exactly BUSTED IN HALF, but, still broken. Hyperlite was great about it, i was riding a new 136 Premier two days after.