Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (daddydoo)      Join Date: May 2006       05-17-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
was actually wondering with ed sullivans boat config with sacs, if the 750 sac he uses in the rear v drive locker actually fits inside the locker on top of his hard tank or if he sits it on top of deck, like the 750 he uses on passenger seat. i have a 05 lightening also, with out the hard tank and want to fit a sac inside rear locker, the 750 is what i want , only if it fits inside though, thanks
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
I have a 2006 elite VC4 and have a 750 in the locker without a tank and it has lots of room. I add a second 750 on top of the first and fill it 1/2 full to add more weight and the locker will still close.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
Dale, I’ve set up two different ways. Last year I pulled the hard tanks and replaced them with the 750s. At the end of the season I put the hard tanks back in. This season I removed the wood and carpet hard tank cover and placed a 750 over the hard tank. I'm not sure that I'm getting more ballast in the boat with the 750 on top the hard tank. I’m a little busy at work these days, if I had the time I’d plumb the 750 back in.

2,000-plus pounds is a little over the top in the Lightning. I really don’t want to put anymore in my boat, OK any more wouldn’t fit. With that much weight surf wake can get fairly long, even on the goofy side.

When I surf the regular side, with say 5 or more people in the boat, I put one 750 under the bench. Under the bench seat the sack only adds say 250 to 350 pounds but I can have peps sit on the bench.

Motorist passing by on the bridge over the lake have called 911 to report a sinking boat with people clinging to the side of the boat; that’s my boat rigged for wakesurf. Columbus Police helicopters have hovered over head to see if we needed assistance. Fortunately I have a first name relationship with some of the marine patrol officers, still that much attention isn’t cool.

What would be cool is the new 216 Enzo. The Inland Surfer guys said they had a killer wake with the rub rail 5 inches above the water line. Of course if I had one of those puppies I’d probably go over board and add tons of weight.
Old    surfdad            05-17-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
Mark Sher sent me some pictures of the 216 they surfed at Tulloch, I'll try to remember to post them tomorrow. We were on the lake when the 216 passed us and the wake caught my attention.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
Did they try the goofy wake or just regular?
Old     (daddydoo)      Join Date: May 2006       05-17-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
thanks edward for info,thanks michael also, have ordered a 750 ,should work well with 550 lead up front
Old    surfdad            05-17-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
Ed, I think just regular, that's all I saw at Tulloch and all the pictures Mark sent were of the port side.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
So many of my crew are goofy, it's such a pain to switch over. It would be cool to have a boat that does both sides well with out a lot of fuss.
Old    surfdad            05-17-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
Yeah, see my Ballast System ? post - I have the same issue.
Old    surfdad            05-18-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
I don't know what I did to this picture, but this is the 216 Wake. I've asked Mark if he can forward the other pictures to me, I can't seem to find them now...maybe I should clean out my inbox on occassion? :-)

Upload
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
I havent seen the goofy side of a enzo 216, but with the much flatter hull design i could see how it would be better then most other centurions. Or just special order a reverse rotation engine.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-18-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
Seeing is believing.
Old    surfdad            05-18-2007, 10:16 AM Reply   
Ok, Mark Sher was kind enough to resend the photos. Thanks Mark!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-18-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
Upload
sick shot/air!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-23-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Our set up was dialed in pretty good today, a little steep and short but lots of push.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by Bigshow on May 23, 2007)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-23-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
Two major elements of the system
Upload

Also a 750 on top of a 180 pound hard tank
Upload